#21 demopublican

demopublican

If Partisans Call Me Names I am Winning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,486 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

It was not his son suspended.

Congrats to Towson and Ambrose on a fantastic season.  There is a midnight reception planned for campus.  

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#22 slapshot

slapshot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,925 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Here's my question.....where do they find these kids that want to pay football in the Dekota's? Not like this is a hot bed of football recruits.
You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.

- Wayne Gretzky

#23 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,654 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:38 AM

Here's my question.....where do they find these kids that want to pay football in the Dekota's? Not like this is a hot bed of football recruits.

probably some of the same places boise st does ......

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#24 ziptop

ziptop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

They got a lot of coverage on The Fan and a big article in the Sun although on game day. Actually they got a lot of hype. And they played a terrible game. I'm very sorry it ended that way. Congratulations to Towson and their fans for getting there. I wish they could have done better. They sure put the school and program on the map though didn't they? That's great accomplishment. They should be proud. Best of luck for the future.

#25 slapshot

slapshot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,925 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

probably some of the same places boise st does ......

Prob.

Speaking of Boise....where have ey been the last few years? There was a time they were HOT. Now, don't hear much. Did their coach move on to a higher profile program?

I heard the Dakota head coach is going to Wyoming.

Edited by slapshot, 05 January 2014 - 05:54 PM.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.

- Wayne Gretzky

#26 Arslan

Arslan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Any thoughts of Towson State changing its name to Maryland State and upgrading its athletic programs?

Apparently that's the big thing now, at least at some schools that have directional names and are upgrading their football programs. For example, University of Southwestern Louisiana to University of Louisiana Lafayette; or Southwest Missouri State University to Missouri State University.  

#27 lord_baltimore

lord_baltimore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:05 AM

Any thoughts of Towson State changing its name to Maryland State and upgrading its athletic programs?

Apparently that's the big thing now, at least at some schools that have directional names and are upgrading their football programs. For example, University of Southwestern Louisiana to University of Louisiana Lafayette; or Southwest Missouri State University to Missouri State University.  

They already changed their name 17 years ago. They are now Towson University. Not Towson State University.There was a Maryland State once upon a time. It's now UMES.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users