13 replies to this topic

#1 aok

aok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

I'm tired of some of you on here that all you want to do is bash the Ravens. Even when they win in a snowstorm with 6 leading score changes in the 4th quarter all you want to do is look for fault. Some classic ones are, they played the worse defense in the league. Another one is the officials helped. Yet another is the Ravens beat a team with their best player out.

Let me just say that bowling ball runner who replaced Peterson was no slouch to bring down in the cold wet snow. Those wr had frozen hands and caught the ball and the most inaine point was about the refs. If the Ravens lose the game you same guys would be asking where the DPI was on the long pass in the first quarter. If ever we have true fans who see the good in a win, it is not with some of you on here.

Now last of all give credit where credit is due. The O Line is a patchwork and needs tunning. Our center is young and we have a new LG and LT playing. Let us just say maybe these guys are coming together but to constantly bash the line or go APE SHI* over Joe Flacco throwing a pick or Ray Rice not running hard. Well you may think you are a fan but in reality you are a cry baby who just can't see life as good. Only thing that makes you happy is being miserable and nasty. So keep the negative vibs away and try to support your team. It is what it is and it is better than the team we had from 1984 to 1994.

#2 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

:rolleyes:

#3 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,497 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

In other news...

I'm not famous...but I HAVE stayed at a Holiday Inn Express!!

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 11 December 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#4 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

aok, I can relate to your point of view and I do share it up to a point. Something I have learned following this board, though, is that there are other points of view. In particular, there are those who are aficionados of football, who watch a lot of football, and analyze and criticize based on a standard of the way it should be played. And a lot of these same folks see anything less than up to that standard as a failure, especially if it doesn't result in a championship. I can understand that perspective, and I have learned a lot by reading what those people post. I myself kind of see the Ravens as my favorite reality show, and I tune in every week to see how they're doing. To me, my team is much more than the sum of their talents and how they play. By my standard of entertainment, they're doing just fine and that game last Sunday will stand as one of the great TV viewing experiences ever. So some people see the glass half empty and some people see the glass half full, when in reality it is both, and actually is 100% full. You can call them negative, but just take it for what it is worth to you. It is all part of sports.

#5 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,044 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

Here we go. The annual " ONLY MY DEFINITION OF A REAL FAN IS A REAL FAN" thread. Every year like clockwork :rolleyes:

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#6 Struds

Struds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

and that game last Sunday will stand as one of the great TV viewing experiences ever.

Well, at least the last 5 minutes or so of game clock time.  The prior 55 minutes weren't actually great viewing at all except for the snow which for some reason always excites all of us football fans.

#7 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Well, at least the last 5 minutes or so of game clock time.  The prior 55 minutes weren't actually great viewing at all except for the snow which for some reason always excites all of us football fans.

You're right Struds, but the prior 55 minutes set the stage for the drama of the last five minutes. It was like a pair of heavyweight boxers slugging each other to very little effect for 14 rounds, then in the 15th each suddenly realizing he could win or lose in that moment, so both started landing killer blows to the head, staggering to the mat, then getting up and landing an even better counterpunch. It was a mighty sequence of events, but it built on the foundation of the slogging that preceded it. 

#8 Struds

Struds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

You're right Struds, but the prior 55 minutes set the stage for the drama of the last five minutes. It was like a pair of heavyweight boxers slugging each other to very little effect for 14 rounds, then in the 15th each suddenly realizing he could win or lose in that moment, so both started landing killer blows to the head, staggering to the mat, then getting up and landing an even better counterpunch. It was a mighty sequence of events, but it built on the foundation of the slogging that preceded it. 

Fair enough.  And a great analogy; really painted a picture for me.. 

#9 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

I think a lot of the negativity comes with those expecting the Ravens to play the perfect game and some with not understanding what is going on. I am not a great football mind by far, but I do think there are a lot of negative comments on the board that to me do not make any sense such as Harbaugh is a horrible coach, we never make adjustments like other teams, we need to cut such and such player because they played bad this game.

We are all fans, our expectations are just different. From my point of view most games are decided by 2-3 plays. We usually do not know what those plays are until after the game, which is why football is a great sport. After almost every game we can say man if so and so made this play we would of won. Others think differently. Without the negative comments, there would be no conversation, not to mention some comic relief.  

#10 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,305 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

So now looking at a game or team objectively is construed as negative?  Anyone who watched the game could see that the Ravens benefited from a few questionable calls that day.  The fumble where the guys knee was already on the ground before the ball was ripped loose was one.  The interference call that was questionable could have ended the game.  I can imagine what these same people would be saying had these calls gone against the Ravens and they lost.  Conspiracy and hatred from the NFL come to mind.  Bad calls are a part of the game, good teams overcome them.  Minnesota is not a good team as their record shows.  The Ravens won the game and that's all that will be reflected in the standings at the end of the year.  That doesn't mean we can't comment objectively on things. 

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#11 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,340 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

Here we go. The annual " ONLY MY DEFINITION OF A REAL FAN IS A REAL FAN" thread. Every year like clockwork :rolleyes:

Seems to me this happens more than once a year. :D

Is it Football Season yet?

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”

Thomas Jefferson

#12 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,044 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

Seems to me this happens more than once a year. :D

Good point :P

#13 terpmaniac

terpmaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

I know what you are saying. If the Ravens had lost that game the talk would be "how could they have lost to the awful Vikings." HOW? Of course we won, and the talk is "how did the Ravens "almost" lose to those awful Vikings? How? Ravens would have been slammed either way. Now, lets say we put up 50 points on the Vikings, it would then be "so what you scored 50 points on those terrible Vikings." Big, damn deal! U can't win.

#14 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,044 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

I know what you are saying. If the Ravens had lost that game the talk would be "how could they have lost to the awful Vikings." HOW? Of course we won, and the talk is "how did the Ravens "almost" lose to those awful Vikings? How? Ravens would have been slammed either way. Now, lets say we put up 50 points on the Vikings, it would then be "so what you scored 50 points on those terrible Vikings." Big, damn deal! U can't win.

Considering the weather I don't think too many people would have had any major complaints if they lost

Edited by bmore_ken, 12 December 2013 - 01:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users