Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hst2

Megan Kelly @ Fox News: Santa is white, and white only

489 posts in this topic

"...the “controversy” reached its apex last night when Fox News’ Megyn Kelly, along with three (white) guests discussed the topic on her show, The Kelly File. Just before diving in, Kelly made sure to emphatically declare, “For all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white.”...

Santa isn’t real.

Sure... Santa is loosely based on Saint Nicholas [of Cusa].... But... modern-day Santa hardly resembles his supposed inspiration, who was depicted as tall and thin and, you know, Greek. He did not have a workshop in the North Pole nor eight faithful reindeer.... He’s utterly divorced from his religious and historical roots.And yet Kelly and her guests not only say repeatedly that Santa is real and definitely white, they also equate him with Jesus, who, historians generally agree, was a Jewish man who grew up in Galilee.... I’ll be fine if no one else jumps on board the penguin train and Santa remains a white man. But if you’re seriously emphatic that he is white and must remain white, there’s a good chance that your view of the rest of the world is just as limited and unimaginative. I mean, we are talking about a magical man who slides down your chimney every Christmas Eve. Just so we’re clear."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/12/12/santa_claus_white_fox_news_megyn_kelly_thinks_so_but_santa_s_not_real.html

Edited by hst2

If those snarky, androgynous dorks at MSNBC are in an unhinged lather of the beautiful, brilliant Ms. Kelly's comment will anyone know?

We know the sunspot ghouls are......

Edited by Brohan

Was it the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy that told her this?

But seriously, does it really surprise anyone that the main stream voice of the right hasn't condemned her for speaking what they're all thinking?

....But seriously, does it really surprise anyone that the main stream voice of the right hasn't condemned her for speaking what they're all thinking?

If those snark, androgynous dorks at MSNBC are in an unhinged lather of the beautiful, brilliant Ms. Kelly's comment will anyone know?

'Nuff said.

Was it the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy that told her this?

But seriously, does it really surprise anyone that the main stream voice of the right hasn't condemned her for speaking what they're all thinking?

It was the hope and change you can believe in, you can keep your insurance if you like it period fairy....

Hahaha. You Liberals are so pathetic. What's next? Sean Hannity said the Easter Bunny's fur is white? Lol. Who knows what Megan Kelly really said. But this is some serious grasping at straws. Oh yea, Santa Claus is white.

Well, white Americans, mostly old ones, do.

Well, I guess they will never be able to lure you away from Comedy Central.

I can see why people would like a little puppets making prank call mixed in with their news.

Edited by Brohan

I wonder how the black race bigot Aisha Harris and her white Liberal enablers would react if there was a movement to portray the long list of Black African Mythological Figures in Black Studies programs across the country as "White" so that white students can relate and not feel racialy alienated or excluded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_mythological_figures

Africana Studies in California
4. Introduction. This report presents empirical data on degree-granting academic programs in ... Africana Studies units in California, courses, and faculty, as we found them online, as well as a ...... African Mythology and Black Consciousness.
Edited by The Shadow

It was the hope and change you can believe in, you can keep your insurance if you like it period fairy....

This thread is about a Fox News bubble headed bleach blond.

Please, do try to keep up.

Hahaha. You Liberals are so pathetic. What's next? Sean Hannity said the Easter Bunny's fur is white? Lol. Who knows what Megan Kelly really said. But this is some serious grasping at straws. Oh yea, Santa Claus is white.

What do you mean "Who knows what Megan Kelly really said"?  Are you kidding me?  Did you even follow the link?  There's a freaking video right there.  By the way, if you ever decide to watch the video you'll notice that one of the guests actually understands what the author of the piece was getting at.

I wonder how the black race bigot Aisha Harris and her white Liberal enablers would react if there was a movement to portray the long list of Black African Mythological Figures in Black Studies programs across the country as "White" so that white students can relate and not feel racialy alienated or excluded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_mythological_figures

Africana Studies in California

4. Introduction. This report presents empirical data on degree-granting academic programs in ... Africana Studies units in California, courses, and faculty, as we found them online, as well as a ...... African Mythology and Black Consciousness.

As you are a descendant of abolitionists, I appreciate the authority that you bring to this issue.

~chortle~

Santa has always been depicted as a fat, jolly white guy.  Why liberals have a problem with this is curious.  

Not always…………… :D 

But I suppose it would make you uncomfortable to think of him not being white. :D

Santa has always been depicted as a fat, jolly white guy.  Why liberals have a problem with this is curious.  

Dude, shut up.

Santa is usually depicted as white because this is a predominantly white country.  I've been at the mall and seen black Santa Clauses before. There is no official color of Santa, much to your chagrin.