• 10,110 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

#242 RIKMAN

RIKMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,927 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

You mean the little black kids and Asian kids won't get presents cuz Santa is white? That's so racist! Santa a klansman (who knew)

Who knew Santa was an ebilwhite debil! I sure didn't.

As for the lovely and brilliant Ms Megan,,,someone at work made a comparison to her and some of the less talented over at the MesSNBC...no comparison.

Edited by RIKMAN, 16 December 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Baltimore Sports fan since 1965!:cool:

Confusing the delusional with fact since 2005!

#243 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,614 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

Santa is a fictional character. He can be whatever race or ethnicity that anyone wants him to be...

"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#244 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,482 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

You mean the little black kids and Asian kids won't get presents cuz Santa is white? That's so racist! Santa a klansman (who knew)

Who knew Santa was an ebilwhite debil! I sure didn't.

As for the lovely and brilliant Ms Megan,,,someone at work made a comparison to her and some of the less talented over at the MesSNBC...no comparison.

Lovely & Brilliant?? Seriously?? I wish I could be as simple-minded as some of you... it  would make everything so much easier.... Fox wit pretty lady right and good.. MSNBC with ugly lesbian people bad. :rolleyes:

Edited by Marshan Man, 16 December 2013 - 03:36 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]America Is Back! :rwb:

#245 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,663 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Lovely & Brilliant?? Seriously?? I wish I could be as simple-minded as some of you... it  would make everything so much easier.... Fox wit pretty lady right and good.. MSNBC with ugly lesbian people bad. :rolleyes:

Fox wit?

It appears you are even more simple minded than the poster you quoted just by reading your "dribble". :rolleyes:

#246 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26,482 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Fox wit?

It appears you are even more simple minded than the poster you quoted just by reading your "dribble". :rolleyes:

Uh... That was intentional cyberstalker who's made to look like a fool relatively often...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]America Is Back! :rwb:

#247 Sprightly

Sprightly

Relaxing in Bimini

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,114 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

Are you talking about Rachel Maddow? I don't think she's an ugly lesbian.
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#248 RIKMAN

RIKMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,927 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

Well...certainly MS Megan is no Rachel Maddow...

Thank god! LOL

Baltimore Sports fan since 1965!:cool:

Confusing the delusional with fact since 2005!

#249 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,694 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

Just when you thought libs couldn't dredge up any more guilt, they drag Santa into the picture.  Even the imaginary doesn't escape their need for self flagellation. :unsure:

Ne Nuntium Necare

#250 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Highly Sophisticated Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

Just when you thought libs couldn't dredge up any more guilt, they drag Santa into the picture.  Even the imaginary doesn't escape their need for self flagellation. :unsure:

Pretty sure Kelly was the one that made the racist comment and liberals were just reminding her Santa wasn't real.  But don't let that get in the way of your twisting and writhing to make liberals look like the poopieheads.

#251 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,694 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Pretty sure Kelly was the one that made the racist comment and liberals were just reminding her Santa wasn't real.  But don't let that get in the way of your twisting and writhing to make liberals look like the poopieheads.

Look who started this thread.  That naturally led to hst2 and company pontificating on the evils of white Santa and how he's a poster boy for white privilege.  As for Kelly's comment, I can only assume that she meant the image of Santa we've had for 100+ years or so.  He is unmistakably white.  I'm not sure why that's so much of a problem that some people suggest we go to a penguin instead.  Besides, how does a penguin say "HO HO HO!"?..... :D

Ne Nuntium Necare

#252 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,231 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:25 PM

And I don't suffer from your need to be uncivil. It's the way I was raised. I don't know about how you were raised.

It's not a matter of being uncivil.  It's offering a contrary opinion.  Freedom of speech, and all that.

Speaking of which, addressing the thread topic, I'd make Megan see God.

Can you say the same ?

#253 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,440 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

Fox News is pretty big on stoking white racial fears. Look at all the time Kelly put into the New Black Panther stories. Lately they have been into the Knockdown Game Epidemic. Now Kelly is saying this, and playing the victim when called on it.

They know what their viewers want just as George Wallace knew what the voters wanted.

I believe it is called demagoguery.
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#254 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,440 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

Look who started this thread.  That naturally led to hst2 and company pontificating on the evils of white Santa and how he's a poster boy for white privilege.  As for Kelly's comment, I can only assume that she meant the image of Santa we've had for 100+ years or so.  He is unmistakably white.  I'm not sure why that's so much of a problem that some people suggest we go to a penguin instead.  Besides, how does a penguin say "HO HO HO!"?..... :D

"I can only assume"

Ya got to love it!
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from man. - HL Mencken

#255 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,694 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

"I can only assume"

Ya got to love it!

What else would she be talking about?  How could anyone have an image of Santa in mind unless it's the one that's been evident on cards, in books and on TV for all of our lifetimes?  You know, the fat, jolly white guy with the beard in a red suit.  LOL......

Ne Nuntium Necare

#256 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,694 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

Fox News is pretty big on stoking white racial fears. Look at all the time Kelly put into the New Black Panther stories. Lately they have been into the Knockdown Game Epidemic. Now Kelly is saying this, and playing the victim when called on it.

They know what their viewers want just as George Wallace knew what the voters wanted.

I believe it is called demagoguery.

Hysterical.  Kelly didn't bring up white Santa.  A liberal did. If you guys weren't so afraid of white Santa, there would be no story. Instead, it's left to sane people to address your irrational fears.  Santa gonna getcha... :lol:

Ne Nuntium Necare

#257 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,440 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:07 PM

What else would she be talking about? How could anyone have an image of Santa in mind unless it's the one that's been evident on cards, in books and on TV for all of our lifetimes? You know, the fat, jolly white guy with the beard in a red suit. LOL......

Your point is well taken. I imagine it is difficult for some people to imagine a world outside of their own, narrow view. When everything in one's life re-enforces one's own racial identity, it can be quite a shock to realize that not everyone feels the same way.

I thought this person put it well:

"Ms. Kelly’s words reveal the kind of ignorance that resists those facts, which, had they been examined, would challenge an unexamined belief that has become for Ms. Kelly and others an unexamined truth. Ms. Kelly and others won’t allow themselves to examine the probable melanin content of Jesus’s skin, because if it turns out (and more likely than not it would), that Jesus was olive skinned or black or in any way significantly different than Ms. Kelly’s alabaster white skin, it would be an inconvenient fact, an inconvenient truth. It would upset the underlying beliefs to which she clings with white knuckles, in the same way she’d cling to Jesus’s neck if she could, less out of respect or love and more out of some misguided sense of ownership and possession.

What Ms. Kelly’s been saying all along, without saying it in her disingenuous way, is this: That she’s good, chosen, selected and entitled. That she and people like her, people who look like her and believe the same things she believes comprise a clique. Their clique is also chosen. They are the elect, the ones God and His Son and the Third Guy have selected to sit next to Him in heaven after having enjoyed the choice seats on earth. For them, Jesus is not just God made man, he’s also one of theirs, and when He returns He’ll go to their homes for fondue and merlot. They know this because 2,000 years of western civilization have told them so."

http://guardianlv.co...enuous-for-fox/

Edited by hst2, 16 December 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#258 hst2

hst2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,440 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hysterical. Kelly didn't bring up white Santa. A liberal did. If you guys weren't so afraid of white Santa, there would be no story. Instead, it's left to sane people to address your irrational fears. Santa gonna getcha... :lol:

If there is anything in Aisha Harris's piece about a Black child's impressions growing up around a white Santa, please point it out.

To that a kelly thoughtfully suggested that "Just because it makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean it has to change, you know?"

John Stewart suggested that that was a good definition of oppression.

Edited by hst2, 16 December 2013 - 07:14 PM.

#259 veritas

veritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,694 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:25 PM

I remember feeling slightly ashamed that our black Santa wasn’t the “real thing.” Because when you’re a kid and you’re inundated with the imagery of a pale seasonal visitor—and you notice that even some black families decorate their houses with white Santas—you’re likely to accept the consensus view, despite your parents’ noble intentions.

So, let's adopt the penguin....not.  Every time some liberal feels "oppressed", we're apparently supposed to abandon traditions and then be told we're morally corrupt if we refuse to do so.  People are fed up with that.

Ne Nuntium Necare

#260 slapshot

slapshot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,938 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

I prefer Festivus.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.

- Wayne Gretzky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users