Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,875 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Towson runs by Eastern Illinois to advance to FCS semifinal

CHARLESTON, Ill. -- Terrance West ran for a record-setting 354 yards and five touchdowns on a snow-covered field and Towson overcame an early two-touchdown deficit to knock off Eastern Illinois on Friday 49-39 in the Football Championship Subdivision quarterfinals.

West set a record for rushing yards in an FCS playoff game.

Towson (12-2) fell behind 14-0 in the first quarter as sleet and snow fell in 30-degree temperatures. But West found his footing and ran them back into the game.

West's two second-quarter touchdowns helped the Tigers to a 21-14 halftime lead and he added three more in the second half.

Eastern Illinois (12-2) came into the game allowing 146.8 rushing yards a game and was gashed for 472.

Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo was 38 of 50 for 321 yards and two touchdowns. Erik Lora caught 18 balls for 129 yards and a touchdown.

Towson finds out Saturday who its faces in the semifinals next weekend.

Edited by Rob, 14 December 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#2 demopublican

demopublican

20,758 posts 1 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,872 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

I watched the last quarter and did enjoy the win despite my opinion of the school's leadership.
"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users