• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,843 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

Shanahan says that if Cousins plays really well some team might offer up a 1st round pick.

Oh my.

:huh:

http://profootballta...usins/#comments

#2 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

Shanahan says that if Cousins plays really well some team might offer up a 1st round pick.

Oh my.

:huh:

http://profootballta...usins/#comments

That is more than they would get for Bob Me right now.... I think Shanahan has lost it...but nobody should be surprised.

Edited by Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!, 14 December 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#3 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,843 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

Shanahan has definitely lost it.

(And I lost respect for him last year when he kept RG3 in despite the OBVIOUS fact that he needed to be pulled in favor of Cousins. Since then, I've continued to lose more and more respect for him. And so have a lot of other fans around the league.)

#4 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:59 PM

I have never heard a coach or anybody in front office position make such a comment in professional sports. talking about show your hand.Needs to be removed asap.

#5 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

Shanahan has definitely lost it.

(And I lost respect for him last year when he kept RG3 in despite the OBVIOUS fact that he needed to be pulled in favor of Cousins. Since then, I've continued to lose more and more respect for him. And so have a lot of other fans around the league.)

Me too, but we will never know why he did it as the truth will never be told, or if it is, it will be impossible to separate from the various lies...as it is possible that he only did it because Snyder made him. Or it could be was afraid if he inserted Cousins and lost a game or so, he would be fired. Either way,Snyder comes into play. Didn't John Riggins say on his radio show that the Redskins are cursed with Snyder as their owner as he has a 'black heart" or something to that effect?

Edited by Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!, 14 December 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#6 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,843 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

The ironic thing about Snyder is that according to former players, the players really like him.

#7 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,250 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:17 PM

Mel Kiper said a #2. I think a 3.

#8 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,250 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

The ironic thing about Snyder is that according to former players, the players really like him.

Because he overpays them and Little Danny is a jock sniffer.

#9 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,843 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

Eeeeeeeew!

;)

#10 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:19 AM

Didn't John Riggins say on his radio show that the Redskins are cursed with Snyder as their owner as he has a 'black heart" or something to that effect?

I don't know about a "black heart" but one thing is for sure- he's got a monumental ego and people like that can never get out of the way of themselves.  Peter Angelos is similar, although he probably doesn't get involved as closely as he use to.  I don't think the Redskins are cursed but as long as Snyder owns the team, my guess is they'll never win anything.  Unfortunately, he's still a relatively young man so this could go on for years.  Not that I care because I've never been able to stand that team. 

#11 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,650 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

meh, he's just doing what he can to get fired ........

with the bungels on the right track the past few years, the skins are pulling ahead of the browns for the worst franchise in football title .......

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#12 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,589 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'd be shocked if someone gave up a first for Cousins.  That's a lot of wishful thinking and creating hype in hopes that someone actually buys it.  But it makes some sense to showcase him and hope for the best.  They're not going anywhere this year... and they might never go anywhere with Griffin if he can't get back to 100% health and learn how to succeed from the pocket WITHOUT the threat of running.  Eventually you wind up in a situation where play-action isn't always going to create the open receivers, and you have to adjust.  His tremendous success last year was largely because of his ability to make things happen with his legs too.  If he doesn't get that back (and the continued cycle of hits and little injuries will make it more difficult with each game) then he's going to have to become someone he's never been before.

Rob Johnson should have sent a big cut of his paycheck to the Ravens ATROCIOUS secondary.  The worst secondary in the NFL made Rob Johnson a very rich man in one afternoon.  You'd think NFL teams would have learned by now not to get too caught up in tiny little sample sizes... but it seems like there's always one person dumb / desperate enough to take advantage of.

Edited by Ravens2006, 15 December 2013 - 01:22 PM.

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#13 slapshot

slapshot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,895 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Don't look now, but Cousins is playing well....9/12, 200yds, no INT, and 2TD's with 3 min left in 2nd. And despite all the fumbles by his fellow teammates.

Bet he'd love to get traded. Seriously, given the hard-on that Snyder has for Bob Me, Cousins won't ever get a fair shake with the PGCo team.

Edited by slapshot, 15 December 2013 - 02:21 PM.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.

- Wayne Gretzky

#14 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,650 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

like shannihan said, cousins gives them the best chance to win ........

the gimmick offense has already run its course in landover .........

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#15 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

I didn't see 1st round talent today, but you can definitely see he is a pure pocket passer. Nothing just jumps out at
me.

#16 slapshot

slapshot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,895 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

7 turnovers today for the DeadSkins, and yet they could have sent it into OT had they kicked the extra pt, instead of going for the win. With 7 turnovers, they shouldn't have even been in this game. But they were.

I think Cousins played a good game, especially given the circumstances.

Edited by slapshot, 15 December 2013 - 08:42 PM.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.

- Wayne Gretzky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users