• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

Ravens & Steelers fans like to complain about their signal callers who are proven clutch winners. But as proven today in the Cowboys v Packers game, stats, fantasy points and QBR is great to admire from afar. But give me a ugly, clutch, tough and rough winner like Big Ben and Playoff Joe anytime.

#2 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,790 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Ravens & Steelers fans like to complain about their signal callers who are proven clutch winners. But as proven today in the Cowboys v Packers game, stats, fantasy points and QBR is great to admire from afar. But give me a ugly, clutch, tough and rough winner like Big Ben and Playoff Joe anytime.

Don't put all the blame on Romo.  The play calling was horrible.  With a big lead, they kept throwing the ball.  That team is poorly owned, poorly managed, and poorly coached.  Romo makes plenty of mistakes, but he isn't the real problem in Dallas. 

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#3 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

The Dallas defense is as porous as swiss cheese. Its even worse than the Redskins, and that is saying a lot!

#4 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

After the Ravens, the Packers are about my second favorite team, and I totally detest and revile the Cowboys and always have. I had to go out this evening, and left with the Pack losing by a good bit, only to come home and see they'd won. Not having seen it happen, I like to think the Packers were really clutch, but if what really happened was the Cowboys blew it I'll take that. The only thing I like better than the Cowboys losing is the Cowboys losing and looking stupid and feeling bad. I actually don't hate Romo that much, but Jerry Jones and the whole Dallas shtick just turn me off. The cheerleaders are hot, though.

#5 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,382 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

Green Bay earned it. 5 straight TD drives to start 2nd half, 3 of them 80 yard drives.

#6 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,882 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Sometimes the numbers don't lie. Over the course of his career, Romo is about THE WORST QB in the NFL in the month of December. And he proved it again that past 2 weeks.

#7 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

Sometimes the numbers don't lie. Over the course of his career, Romo is about THE WORST QB in the NFL in the month of December. And he proved it again that past 2 weeks.

True, but when you score 36 points, you should win the game.  I don't think enough attention is being paid to that wretched Dallas defense.  They're the reason the Cowboys aren't going anywhere this year, not Romo. 

#8 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:49 AM

After the Ravens, the Packers are about my second favorite team, and I totally detest and revile the Cowboys and always have. I had to go out this evening, and left with the Pack losing by a good bit, only to come home and see they'd won. Not having seen it happen, I like to think the Packers were really clutch, but if what really happened was the Cowboys blew it I'll take that. The only thing I like better than the Cowboys losing is the Cowboys losing and looking stupid and feeling bad. I actually don't hate Romo that much, but Jerry Jones and the whole Dallas shtick just turn me off. The cheerleaders are hot, though.

You've got to admit that the weekly outbursts from the mentally challenged Dez Bryant is pretty funny.  Maybe Jones can get him some much needed psychiatric help in the off season. 

#9 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

You've got to admit that the weekly outbursts from the mentally challenged Dez Bryant is pretty funny.  Maybe Jones can get him some much needed psychiatric help in the off season. 

Leaving the field before the game was over was a real class act, huh?  I guess he's TO revisited. 

#10 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,661 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

Haven't read any articles on the game yet, but I know I heard the talking heads last night & today claim that somebody (Garrett?) said the last INT was a called run play that Romo audibled to a pass.  So play-calling might have been partly to blame, but he had a hand in the play that was actually run.

Romo and the Cowboys are fascinating to me.  Sort of like the Redskins, two organizations / owners that seem to love drama, hype, and anything that gets you an extra highlight on SportsCenter... more than they value fundamentals and actually winning games.  Romo has plenty of talent.  They're just so, so dumb sometimes.  Granted, every team has their moments / games where they do ridiculous things... but the Cowboys excel at the ridiculous more than pretty much anybody.

Romo throwing devastating INTs late.  Bryant picking up costly penalties then putting on a 7 year-old's tantrum about it for all to see.  Bryant walking to the locker room before the game is over.  Cowboys blow huge lead at home to a backup QB.

We complain (and rightfully so) about the big media overhyping and wasting too much time on teams like the Cowboys just because of who they are and not because of their accomplishments... but you have to admit... the meltdowns, the personality conflicts, the self-destructions... it makes for good TV.  :)

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#11 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,544 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

Why do the Cowboys hate running the ball so much?  Big lead for the Cowboys in the second half and Murray got 7 carries despite running well.  Idiots.

#12 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Watching this game, I told my brother Romo is going to throw a pick. He replied, he just threw an int, but they said Tramon didn't catch it (which looked like he did). Two plays later, he throws the int, lol.

This was all on Romo (and Jerry Jones of course). It was a run play that they can audible to the quick slant. At that time in the game, time is most important and Romo audibles to the pass, and then makes a horrible pass. It was comedy at its finest.

#13 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,882 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

True, but when you score 36 points, you should win the game.  I don't think enough attention is being paid to that wretched Dallas defense.  They're the reason the Cowboys aren't going anywhere this year, not Romo. 

I don't know about that. The ints were clearly on Romo. And he's done it some many times in the past, it's naive to think it's not on him.

#14 codefool

codefool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

This explains Tony Romo:

http://profootballmo...titled-failure/

#15 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,882 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

^^^Funny stuff.

#16 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

I don't know about that. The ints were clearly on Romo. And he's done it some many times in the past, it's naive to think it's not on him.

Sure, he does make some bone headed mistakes in key moments of a game but as I said, when you're averaging 28 points a game, that should be plenty to win most of the time.  But when you're in the bottom 5 in defense, it becomes almost irrelevant.  It shouldn't even come down to late game interceptions.  The games, including yesterday's, should have been over long before it got to that point.  I'm no Cowboy fan but I do think in 2013, the defense has killed that team a lot more than Romo.

#17 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,882 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

Sure, he does make some bone headed mistakes in key moments of a game but as I said, when you're averaging 28 points a game, that should be plenty to win most of the time.  But when you're in the bottom 5 in defense, it becomes almost irrelevant.  It shouldn't even come down to late game interceptions.  The games, including yesterday's, should have been over long before it got to that point.  I'm no Cowboy fan but I do think in 2013, the defense has killed that team a lot more than Romo.

Coulda/shoulda/woulda -- didn't. It's irrelevant what SHOULD have happened. He LOST the game because of his ints. And he's done it throughout his career. It's on him, not the defense.

#18 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

gotta admit, the boyz are fun to watch this year ..........

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#19 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Play calling was awful BUT as the great Bill Parcells once said "do you want to be a QB or a celebrity OB".

#20 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,882 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

Play calling was awful BUT as the great Bill Parcells once said "do you want to be a QB or a celebrity OB".

Romo audibled, so you can't blame it on the play calling. The called play was a run. Romo audibled to a pass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users