Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sigmalady

St. Bernardine Parish mourns Monsignor Miller

13 posts in this topic

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53847061/ns/local_news-baltimore_md/t/st-bernardine-parish-mourns-monsignor-miller/#.UrBYn18o7Qw

A west Baltimore a parish is mourning its leader who passed away suddenly Sunday at the age of 68.

Monsignor Edward Miller, who led the St. Bernardine Parish for almost 40 years, was found unconscious in the parish rectory Sunday morning. He suffered an apparent heart attack, the diocese said.

He was a wonderful person, and I will be forever grateful for the encouragement that I received  from Fr. Ed.

The funeral was held today. The Cathedral of Mary Our Queen was packed, even though the services were held in the middle of a workday. He touched many, many lives, as evidenced by the number of people who came to pay their respects. RIP Monsignor Miller. You left your mark on many lives and hearts.

Thanks, Matt. I'm not one of his parishioners. He was one of our parish priests during my formative years, when he was a brand new priest. He not only preached the gospel, he lived it.

Wonderful person?  Did he follow the Catholic dogma of condemning gays, abortion, and birth control?  

Who peed in your Cheerios this morning? I never heard a homily/sermon from him condemning anyone.

Edited by EmDot
vulgarity

In church tonight our Priest talked about the positive influence he was to the community and other Priest. Sounds like a good guy to me.

I have only heard good thing about him.

Edited by musicmd

Why in the heck would the Church schedule a viewing on Christmas day?

sigmalady, I'm sorry for your loss and the loss of the parishioners of your parish and the faithful of the diocese. He must have been a wonderful priest.

Why in the heck would the Church schedule a viewing on Christmas day?

sigmalady, I'm sorry for your loss and the loss of the parishioners of your parish and the faithful of the diocese. He must have been a wonderful priest.

The viewing was last week. Thank you.

Wonderful person?  Did he follow the Catholic dogma of condemning gays, abortion, and birth control?  

What an ignorant quote. It appears it was well thought out.

Edited by musicmd