* - - - - 1 votes

Congrat's to Navy football

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:23 PM

Way to close out the football season with another bowl win!

#2 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,392 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Clearly the best college football program in the state.  Congrats.  Pure class.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#3 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

I love Navy football. I wish all sports could be like that. Play hard and in a style that makes the most of who the team is, play clean and with sportsmanship, and most of all remember it is a game, a college extracurricular activity played by young men who know their true calling is not football.

#4 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

Agree with both of your sentiments.

Lot of fun watching them run the tripple option.

#5 neveradoubt

neveradoubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Yes. Good program. But right now today u have to go a long way to top Towson. Best of luck on Saturday Tigers!! I will be there.

#6 Yachtsman

Yachtsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,731 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

And for showing serious restraint.  I played football for a long time, and I also played college lacrosse.  I have NEVER seen a player whose actions rose to those of Blunt, #33 in trying to gauge the eyes of an opposing QB, much less the other actions during the game (kidney shots, blows to the "groin" area in the pile, etc.) by Blunt and the other players on MTSU's defense.  Their actions were outrageous, and I would definitely have retaliated if this happened to my teammates.  It was a serious black eye for that program on national TV, and I was furious.  Their lack of respect at the end in not standing on the field while Navy sang their alma mater (which Navy showed for MTSU by the way) is also noted with disgust.  This is one of the unique things that is done when you play an academy team, it goes back to a time when sportsmanship and mutual respect were the norm.  They were, in conclusion, total thugs, clueless as well.

Navy did not retaliate at all, they just crushed them in the 4th quarter.  Their discipline was commendable.

Yachtsman

#7 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:09 PM

And for showing serious restraint.  I played football for a long time, and I also played college lacrosse.  I have NEVER seen a player whose actions rose to those of Blunt, #33 in trying to gauge the eyes of an opposing QB, much less the other actions during the game (kidney shots, blows to the "groin" area in the pile, etc.) by Blunt and the other players on MTSU's defense.  Their actions were outrageous, and I would definitely have retaliated if this happened to my teammates.  It was a serious black eye for that program on national TV, and I was furious.  Their lack of respect at the end in not standing on the field while Navy sang their alma mater (which Navy showed for MTSU by the way) is also noted with disgust.  This is one of the unique things that is done when you play an academy team, it goes back to a time when sportsmanship and mutual respect were the norm.  They were, in conclusion, total thugs, clueless as well.

Navy did not retaliate at all, they just crushed them in the 4th quarter.  Their discipline was commendable.

Yea, that was extremely bush. I would hope that Blunt is kicked off the team.

#8 Yachtsman

Yachtsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,731 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

Slap:  He's a senior, so that's as they say that.  But he did himself no favors, and is now widely reviled.  To do that is bad enough, but to do it against a service academy player to try to cause an injury that would keep that player from active duty is even worse.

Yachtsman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users