Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

John Harbaugh can't explain why Rice was out the first half; thinks he should have been in

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,560 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

I REALLY wish I were making this up. Life...imitating art.

http://www.baltimore...0,5335649.story

#2 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,553 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Just bizarre. The guy's gotta take some accountability as it just too often seems like he's in over his head. Bizarre.

#3 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Not that it matters whether Rice was out there or not because he's been basically useless but it's pretty incomprehensible that your head coach is that unaware of who is playing and how long.  On a side note, at his press conference, Harbaugh said he thought Juan Castillo was a great coach.  I think that just about sums up the 2013 Baltimore Raven season.  :lol:  

#4 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,560 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Not that it matters whether Rice was out there or not because he's been basically useless but it's pretty incomprehensible that your head coach is that unaware of who is playing and how long.  On a side note, at his press conference, Harbaugh said he thought Juan Castillo was a great coach.  I think that just about sums up the 2013 Baltimore Raven season.  :lol:  

He's said that before as well - when Castillo came under heavy fire back in October.

And yes...it takes one...to know one.

;)

#5 tommyb

tommyb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

I think the real question now is whether Steve Bisciotti is going to try to be a 'gentleman' and wait out John's contract, or go ahead and make a very bold move and turn this sinking ship around now! He has to be thinking and seeing the same things that we are. This was my fear from the time John was originally hired....does he have the mental horsepower to be a head coach? Question answered?

#6 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,560 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm afraid it goes against Bisciotti's grain too much to fire a head coach whose team has won a Super Bowl and has never had a losing season in 6 years. And I respect that Bisciotti is far and away better than Jerry Jones or Snyder or a host of other owners. Still, there comes a point...

And I believe the Ravens are at that point with Harbaugh. The guy is often clueless; arrogant; and hires ridiculous coordinators.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 01 January 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#7 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

John just signed an extension. Biscotti is not going to buy out a full new contract and then make another splash and shell out for a new coach.

We will have Harbaugh for at least 2 more years.

#8 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,488 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

I find it hard to believe that a NFL coach isn't aware of whose playing and who isn't. There's something else at play here. maybe he's covering for his OC. one thing that crossed my mind is the possibility that they were auditioning a different combination of backs to carry the load next season. Rice is a significant salary cap hit, so I wonder if they aren't considering making a change for payroll flexibility. 

but that would be shortsighted, since Rice has been great up until this year.  

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#9 ziptop

ziptop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

Wen I first heard this, I thought is was absurd, incomprehensible, and typical Harbaugh. Now I think he knew exactly what was going on and this is just he spin - manipulation of the public.

And he's laughing all the way to the bank. While fans are paying for "seat licenses". Laughing his head off. And people say he's stupid. Sssshhhh, you can hear him laughing. He may be a prick and he may be a terrible coach, but he's the one who can't stop laughing. The fans can't stop crying. Who's the stupid one?

#10 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,488 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

Wen I first heard this, I thought is was absurd, incomprehensible, and typical Harbaugh. Now I think he knew exactly what was going on and this is just he spin - manipulation of the public.

And he's laughing all the way to the bank. While fans are paying for "seat licenses". Laughing his head off. And people say he's stupid. Sssshhhh, you can hear him laughing. He may be a prick and he may be a terrible coach, but he's the one who can't stop laughing. The fans can't stop crying. Who's the stupid one?

now that you mention it, I overheard him say that he hates Baltimore. and I know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that he tried to lose the Superbowl. if you watch the extended DVD release of their 2012-13 superbowl run, there's an unedited outtake where he tells his brother, just before the game, quote, "this game is your's, just like we talked about". when the lights went out, he was laughing. when the camera panned to him, you can read his lips when he say's, "just like clockwork".

so I have no doubt that he tanked this season on purpose. I thought I was the only one who realized that he is single-handedly running the franchise into the ground. I'm so glad there's someone else whose with me. maybe the 2 of us can finally knock some sense into the heads of this stupid fan base.    

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#11 ziptop

ziptop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

now that you mention it, I overheard him say that he hates Baltimore. and I know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that he tried to lose the Superbowl. if you watch the extended DVD release of their 2012-13 superbowl run, there's an unedited outtake where he tells his brother, just before the game, quote, "this game is your's, just like we talked about". when the lights went out, he was laughing. when the camera panned to him, you can read his lips when he say's, "just like clockwork".

so I have no doubt that he tanked this season on purpose. I thought I was the only one who realized that he is single-handedly running the franchise into the ground. I'm so glad there's someone else whose with me. maybe the 2 of us can finally knock some sense into the heads of this stupid fan base.    

He's laughing even harder.

#12 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

I think the real question now is whether Steve Bisciotti is going to try to be a 'gentleman' and wait out John's contract, or go ahead and make a very bold move and turn this sinking ship around now! He has to be thinking and seeing the same things that we are. This was my fear from the time John was originally hired....does he have the mental horsepower to be a head coach? Question answered?

You do know that this ship you speak of won the super bowl last year. Were you still having these questions after going to 2 consecutive AFC Championships and winning a Super Bowl?

#13 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,560 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

You do know that this ship you speak of won the super bowl last year. Were you still having these questions after going to 2 consecutive AFC Championships and winning a Super Bowl?

I certainly was. I believed -- and believe even more now -- that the Ravens won DESPITE the sub par coaching, and not because of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users