• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,465 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...nding-ray-lewis Nice to see a guy willing to change his mind once in a while when it's clear he's misjudged a man.
The kids are alright.

#2 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,303 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

Good article.  I have to admit I was one of the people who thought Ray Lewis would not be all that good as an ESPN analyst.  But it only took a few weeks for me to realize that I was wrong.  He has a lot of good insight to offer, does a good job at getting it across, and seems very comfortable in that role. 

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#3 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Good article.  I have to admit I was one of the people who thought Ray Lewis would not be all that good as an ESPN analyst.  But it only took a few weeks for me to realize that I was wrong.  He has a lot of good insight to offer, does a good job at getting it across, and seems very comfortable in that role. 

How could Ray Lewis possibly be not good at talking football? Next to playing football, that is what he does best!

#4 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

ray lewis: "Let's understand who we are as men. Let's make somebody smile when we walk out of here." does that make sense, joe flacco?

#5 HallofFameRay

HallofFameRay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:34 AM

ray lewis: "Let's understand who we are as men. Let's make somebody smile when we walk out of here." does that make sense, joe flacco?

Joe Flacco should be the last to comment on someone's verbiage.  He seems to not know what words to use when the mike is on as well.  Action speaks louder than words.  Ray led us to top rank defense and 2 Super Bowl wins in the locker room and on the field, something made sense.  Looks like we could have used a couple of those speeches this year.  

#6 ziptop

ziptop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

now that you mention it, I overheard him say that he hates Baltimore. and I know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that he tried to lose the Superbowl. if you watch the extended DVD release of their 2012-13 superbowl run, there's an unedited outtake where he tells his brother, just before the game, quote, "this game is your's, just like we talked about". when the lights went out, he was laughing. when the camera panned to him, you can read his lips when he say's, "just like clockwork".

so I have no doubt that he tanked this season on purpose. I thought I was the only one who realized that he is single-handedly running the franchise into the ground. I'm so glad there's someone else whose with me. maybe the 2 of us can finally knock some sense into the heads of this stupid fan base.    

Tremendous tremendous story, partially for Reilly's confession and conversion and the great actually heart warming stories about Ray. I have to admit my sentiments and preconceptions were more along the lines of Rick Reilly's and like him, it feels good to have been wrong.

"On with 'em jock"!

#7 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,082 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Joe Flacco should be the last to comment on someone's verbiage.  He seems to not know what words to use when the mike is on as well.  Action speaks louder than words.  Ray led us to top rank defense and 2 Super Bowl wins in the locker room and on the field, something made sense.  Looks like we could have used a couple of those speeches this year.  

I don't know how a speech would make a terrible OL suddenly good?

#8 ziptop

ziptop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

The story's even better the second time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users