dmc

Duke - ND Bball Game

9 posts in this topic

Marylander and Mt St Joe's alum , Erik Atkins helped ND take on and win over Duke, Welcome to the ACC, and thanks for this "It was the first loss in an ACC opener for the Blue Devils  in seven seasons."! GO IRISH !!!  Looking forward to the rest of this season,  :D

I hate that the ACC and coach ratface refuse to have Duke play at Maryland this year and than pretended it had nothing to do with us leaving the ACC.

The Terps and 2-0.

Congrats to Erik. Was he recruited by UMCP?

Dem...he's from Colombia, Maryland, played at MT St Joe's High School, and now plays for Notre Dame

Basketball is a funny sport.

They win today, but lost to the likes of Indiana State, North Dakota State and Iowa.....and, of course, OSU.

Go figure?

Edited by slapshot

Dem...he's from Colombia, Maryland, played at MT St Joe's High School, and now plays for Notre Dame

Maybe he actually wanted to get a degree, unlike the history of UMD men's basketball squad. Good parents I assume.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/campus-overload/post/march-madness-of-graduation-rates-u-conn-loses-notre-dame-wins/2012/03/12/gIQARKHc8R_blog.html

Notre Dame does well in that regard.  But of course the schools themselves don't really hinder a quality student from graduating as much as they allow substandard students to attend.  

The exact same thing that causes many HBCU's to have abysmal graduation rates,

Honestly I did not ask why he did not choose Maryland.  I asked why they did not pursue him.

Edited by demopublican

http://

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/campus-overload/post/march-madness-of-graduation-rates-u-conn-loses-notre-dame-wins/2012/03/12/gIQARKHc8R_blog.html

Notre Dame does well in that regard. But of course the schools themselves don't really hinder a quality student from graduating as much as they allow substandard students to attend.

The exact same thing that causes many HBCU's to have abysmal graduation rates,

Honestly I did not ask why he did not choose Maryland. I asked why they did not pursue him.

If he was like me and other Maryland teenagers he probably wanted to see a different scenery after high school than Baltimore or DC. He may have not been interested in staying home (i.e. Kevin Durant, Michael Beasley, Ty Lawson, Rudy Gay, Melo , and etc). Alot of the UMD greats have been non local kids any way. Edited by Navypost