• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dmc

dmc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

Marylander and Mt St Joe's alum , Erik Atkins helped ND take on and win over Duke, Welcome to the ACC, and thanks for this "It was the first loss in an ACC opener for the Blue Devils  in seven seasons."! GO IRISH !!!  Looking forward to the rest of this season,  :D

#2 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

I hate that the ACC and coach ratface refuse to have Duke play at Maryland this year and than pretended it had nothing to do with us leaving the ACC. The Terps and 2-0.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#3 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Congrats to Erik. Was he recruited by UMCP?

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#4 dmc

dmc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Congrats to Erik. Was he recruited by UMCP?

Dem...he's from Colombia, Maryland, played at MT St Joe's High School, and now plays for Notre Dame

#5 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

Just sad that Maryland did not recruit him.

#6 slapshot

slapshot

Strength and Honor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,566 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

Basketball is a funny sport.

They win today, but lost to the likes of Indiana State, North Dakota State and Iowa.....and, of course, OSU.

Go figure?

Edited by slapshot, 05 January 2014 - 05:48 PM.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
I skate to where the puck is going to be, not to where it has been.

- Wayne Gretzky

#7 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

Dem...he's from Colombia, Maryland, played at MT St Joe's High School, and now plays for Notre Dame

Maybe he actually wanted to get a degree, unlike the history of UMD men's basketball squad. Good parents I assume.

#8 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:54 PM

http://www.washingto...KHc8R_blog.html

Notre Dame does well in that regard.  But of course the schools themselves don't really hinder a quality student from graduating as much as they allow substandard students to attend.  

The exact same thing that causes many HBCU's to have abysmal graduation rates,

Honestly I did not ask why he did not choose Maryland.  I asked why they did not pursue him.

Edited by demopublican, 05 January 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#9 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

http://<br><br> www....KHc8R_blog.html

Notre Dame does well in that regard. But of course the schools themselves don't really hinder a quality student from graduating as much as they allow substandard students to attend.
The exact same thing that causes many HBCU's to have abysmal graduation rates,

Honestly I did not ask why he did not choose Maryland. I asked why they did not pursue him.

If he was like me and other Maryland teenagers he probably wanted to see a different scenery after high school than Baltimore or DC. He may have not been interested in staying home (i.e. Kevin Durant, Michael Beasley, Ty Lawson, Rudy Gay, Melo , and etc). Alot of the UMD greats have been non local kids any way.

Edited by Navypost, 06 January 2014 - 12:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users