• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

Archbishop Spalding (Severn, MD): Archbishop Spalding HS is in need of a game on September 5th/6th (home or away), September 19th/20th (home or away) and November 7th (Home) of the 2014 season. Would be interested in a home-and-home contract. Please contact athletic director Jeff Parsons (parsonsj@archbishopspalding.org) or Head Coach Kyle Schmitt (schmittk@archbishopspalding.org). Spalding is a Co-ed private school with 1,200 students located outside of Baltimore, MD. They are a part of the MIAA conference.

Interesting to note that 11/7 corresponds to the date of the Spalding-CHC game in 2013 and MIAA A conference schedules are usually set for two years. Is CHC pulling out of the MIAA? Dropping to the B Conference? Bullis and St. Mary's are the other two teams from 2013 they are looking for replacements for.

#2 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,247 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

I've been away from the board for awhile now but did I miss something? No way would CHC drop down to the B! Maybe they are leaving. I'm sure we will hear from Guru soon enough. On another note, speaking of Spalding, I hear they have a big time transfer! First Down has been singing his praises for the last two years.

#3 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Tell us, tell us!  Who is the transferee????  Inquiring minds want to know.

#4 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,247 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

Tell us, tell us!  Who is the transferee????  Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't know if it's official yet so not going to put it out there. But he would be coming from PG county and would be one of the best players in the county next year. It would be a huge transfer.

#5 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

I don't know if it's official yet so not going to put it out there. But he would be coming from PG county and would be one of the best players in the county next year. It would be a huge transfer.

Well, it's not Navarro Bowen or Joe Haden or anyone like that because they are already in the NFL. Hhmm, who can it be???  It would have to be a sophomore or junior since the player has to already have had a year under the belt for you to say one of the best players in the county.  And I doubt one would transfer as a senior.  Now who are the best 10th and 11th graders in PG?  So it must also be a player from a successful team or the player would never have been noticed.  There were a couple good underclassmen runningbacks from Surrattsville and Potomac.  Spalding could use another KK Smith.  Spalding had tons of seniors on the team last year so they may need the help across the board next year.  A good QB is needed since I think the Spalding QB of last season is a senior but PG isn't known for producing stellar QBs.  They are typically good runningbacks who take snaps and decide to handoff or keep and run.  Linebacker!!.  Who were the outstanding underclassmen defensive players?  This is a hard one to figure out.

#6 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,247 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

Well, it's not Navarro Bowen or Joe Haden or anyone like that because they are already in the NFL. Hhmm, who can it be???  It would have to be a sophomore or junior since the player has to already have had a year under the belt for you to say one of the best players in the county.  And I doubt one would transfer as a senior.  Now who are the best 10th and 11th graders in PG?  So it must also be a player from a successful team or the player would never have been noticed.  There were a couple good underclassmen runningbacks from Surrattsville and Potomac.  Spalding could use another KK Smith.  Spalding had tons of seniors on the team last year so they may need the help across the board next year.  A good QB is needed since I think the Spalding QB of last season is a senior but PG isn't known for producing stellar QBs.  They are typically good runningbacks who take snaps and decide to handoff or keep and run.  Linebacker!!.  Who were the outstanding underclassmen defensive players?  This is a hard one to figure out.

The kid is a QB and was probably the best on the county and started since he was a ninth grader for one of the best programs in PG. That should narrow it down for you.

#7 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

The kid is a QB and was probably the best on the county and started since he was a ninth grader for one of the best programs in PG. That should narrow it down for you.

Yeah, that does narrow it down somewhat but I just can't see that happening if it's who I think it is.  Maybe its DeMatha but not Spalding.  He is a fairly good QB player I would like to see in a more pass oriented offense like Arundel.  Besides, I read here or on the rivals board that St. Mary's Ryken was tops in securing him last year but didn't.  It looks like he is okay where he is.

Edited by DayWalker, 18 January 2014 - 10:54 AM.

#8 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,247 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Yeah, that does narrow it down somewhat but I just can't see that happening if it's who I think it is. Maybe its DeMatha but not Spalding. He is a fairly good QB player I would like to see in a more pass oriented offense like Arundel. Besides, I read here or on the rivals board that St. Mary's Ryken was tops in securing him last year but didn't. It looks like he is okay where he is.

Last I heard is that he's gone and it's definitely Spalding but just waiting to hear that's it's official. Spalding's new coach is very very good and you have to remember, he ran a HEAVY pass offense at his old school. DeMatha is set at QB for the next three years.

#9 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Last I heard is that he's gone and it's definitely Spalding but just waiting to hear that's it's official. Spalding's new coach is very very good and you have to remember, he ran a HEAVY pass offense at his old school. DeMatha is set at QB for the next three years.

What about Spalding having a boat load of seniors this year.  Don't they need a lot more than a QB and this player would need a good set of track shoes to stay up-right throughout next season at Spalding?

#10 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,247 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

What about Spalding having a boat load of seniors this year. Don't they need a lot more than a QB and this player would need a good set of track shoes to stay up-right throughout next season at Spalding?

I guess the kid wants to play against tougher competition. All of the WCAC schools are set at QB except Carroll and nobody wants to play at Carroll. I guess he has some sort of relationship with Spalding. Spalding has some pieces at the skill positions. And like I said, they have I believe one of the best X and O coaches in the area.

#11 First_Down

First_Down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:23 AM

I was at a couple of the QB Factory sessions with a VA high school coach buddy and there were "vultures" discussing a couple kids moving to other programs.  Yes the kid referenced here was also talked about a lot but I just don't see a move happening.  If he didn't go last year to SMR then he isn't going any where now in my assessment and opinion. But never say never. If Spalding can get him to visit and show the schooling they can offer, then things may change.  But the team will not do it because the players where he is are just as good and well coached if not better than at Spalding.  Again, that is just my take.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users