Eastside Terp

PSU gets Franklin and we're stuck with Edsall

201 posts in this topic

unreal.......

terps will never get another decent MD prospect ......

just clean house down  there and get it over with and start with anderson ........

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/bs-sp-terps-james-franklin-0110-20140109,0,1453222.story

Is it a done deal? ESPN is simply reporting he is "likely to take the PSU job".

That said, if he does a great job, after X number of years, he'll get the call from some NFL team.

Is it a done deal? ESPN is simply reporting he is "likely to take the PSU job".

That said, if he does a great job, after X number of years, he'll get the call from some NFL team.

not as far as I know but just after the vandy season the salt is already in the wound ........

lol, we are never going to have to worry about someone coming to hire edsall away ......

Edited by Eastside Terp

not as far as I know but just after the vandy season the salt is already in the wound ........

lol, we are never going to have to worry about someone coming to hire edsall away ......

Probably not. But he should be on a short leash. He did make it to a bowl game. If he can get them to a bowl game in his first year in the B1G, that's a significant milestone, IMO.

Pedo State still has 2 more years on post-season bowls, so Md has 2 more years before PSU and Franklin ramp it up. May be tough convincing recruits to go to a place with 2 more years of the ban.

Edited by slapshot

Probably not. But he should be on a short leash. He did make it to a bowl game. If he can get them to a bowl game in his first year in the B1G, that's a significant milestone, IMO.

Pedo State still has 2 more years on post-season bowls, so Md has 2 more years before PSU and Franklin ramp it up. May be tough convincing recruits to go to a place with 2 more years of the ban.

sorry, but that bowl game was a joke, they had 2 decent wins this season, against a wva and vt teams that were in down years .......

sorry, but that bowl game was a joke, they had 2 decent wins this season, against a wva and vt teams that were in down years .......

No disagreement about the bowl game...it was lame. But as lame as it was, it still represents a milestone. There were 21 (I believe) FBS bowl games, so far less than half of the 125 FBS teams got an invite. Always better to go to a bowl, than not. Only 6 teams in the big ten got an invite.

If the goal isn't to get to a BCS bowl, then I would be disappointed. But as a first step, get to a bowl. The next step should be, win that bowl game.

Edited by slapshot

unreal.......

terps will never get another decent MD prospect ......

just clean house down  there and get it over with and start with anderson ........

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/bs-sp-terps-james-franklin-0110-20140109,0,1453222.story

You aren't stuck with Edsall...go jump on the Penn St bandwagon..no one will miss you or care if you are gone.  

Edited by Baltimatt
Crude language

I may have to start making road trips to Happy Valley.  

This rivalry just got interesting.

Edited by demopublican

Penn State has scheduled a press conference tomorrow where it plans to announce James Franklin as the new HC.

Considering the success Vandy has had the last 3 years, perhaps it'll take Edsall off our hands.

its official .......

how did we let him get away after paying him all that money to be coach in waiting ......

You aren't stuck with Edsall...go jump on the Penn St bandwagon..no one will miss you or care if you are gone.  

as usual, you have nothing intelligent to add ......

almost 30 year, diamond level terrapin club member here ......

what have you done to support the programs .......

Edited by Baltimatt
Quote edited

Edited by Baltimatt, Today, 10:45 AM. 

Crude language

I hope he got a warning post

Edited by Baltimatt, Today, 10:45 AM. 

Crude language

I hope he got a warning post

I doubt it, I think its anything goes on here anymore .......

the personal attacks and nonsense that is permitted on nationals everyday are worse than I have ever seen on here in 10+ years........

I think the ban button is broke .......

Edited by Eastside Terp

I doubt it, I think its anything goes on here anymore .......

the personal attacks and nonsense that is permitted on nationals everyday are worse than I have ever seen on here in 10+ years........

I think the ban button is broke .......

They have me a warning for calling them out for not banning the racist knuckle draggers.  I used the MF expression with the second work covered with ****

Maryland should offer a position to Larry Johnson, the Penn State defensive line coach line coach who Is regarded as one of the best recruiters in college football. He's from southern Maryland and is angry that he wasn't seriously considered for the Penn State HC position.

Maryland should offer a position to Larry Johnson, the Penn State defensive line coach line coach who Is regarded as one of the best recruiters in college football. He's from southern Maryland and is angry that he wasn't seriously considered for the Penn State HC position.

Yep, that would be a good get.

Yep, that would be a good get.

Maybe time for UMD to consider hiring a minority as a head coach again.

Edited by Navypost

Maryland should offer a position to Larry Johnson, the Penn State defensive line coach line coach who Is regarded as one of the best recruiters in college football. He's from southern Maryland and is angry that he wasn't seriously considered for the Penn State HC position.

Keep the southern MD theme, and hire Tubby Smith for bb-ball team(joking)

Maybe time for UMD to consider hiring a minority as a head coach again.

Who cares what race the coach is.  We need a recruiter and a winner.  Not a diversity achievement. 

Who cares what race the coach is. We need a recruiter and a winner. Not a diversity achievement.

You don't see a correlation with recruiting, when you are trying to keep in states recruits that are minorities? UMD has

never had problem recruiting LAX, Soccer and Field hockey in state talent. I'm not saying sell your self short,It's worth an attempt I say to compete with the PSU, WVU and VA techs of the world.

Edited by Navypost

Per 247 sports, the Terps have received commitments from only 2 of the top 30 HS players in Maryland. That's a pretty sad state of affairs. I read somewhere on the Internet that several current Terp players have dissuaded potential recruits from playing under Edsall. Not sure I believe that.

But one thing's for sure, Maryland has opened the door wide open for B!G schools to pick apart Maryland. Why go to Maryland if you can go to Penn State, Michigan or Wisconsin?

You don't see a correlation with recruiting, when you are trying to keep in states recruits that are minorities? UMD has

never had problem recruiting LAX, Soccer and Field hockey in state talent. I'm not saying sell your self short,It's worth an attempt I say to compete with the PSU, WVU and VA techs of the world.

Yet somehow little programs like Florida State, Duke, Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan State, Oregon, & Missouri all did it with non minority head coaches.

What minority were you thinking?  Asian? Native American?

as usual, you have nothing intelligent to add ......

almost 30 year, diamond level terrapin club member here ......

what have you done to support the programs .......

Penny ante terrapin club members...when are you finally going to understand you are small time and the ath. Dept and admin don't listen to you? Under Armor...now they move the needle.

Going to stroll down to Duke and hop on their hoops bandwagon? Wouldn't be any more ridiculous than becoming a penn st football fan.