#1 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

unreal.......

terps will never get another decent MD prospect ......

just clean house down  there and get it over with and start with anderson ........

http://www.baltimore...0,1453222.story

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#2 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

unreal.......

just clean house down  there and get it over with and start with anderson ........

Is it a done deal? ESPN is simply reporting he is "likely to take the PSU job".

That said, if he does a great job, after X number of years, he'll get the call from some NFL team.

#3 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

Is it a done deal? ESPN is simply reporting he is "likely to take the PSU job".

That said, if he does a great job, after X number of years, he'll get the call from some NFL team.

not as far as I know but just after the vandy season the salt is already in the wound ........

lol, we are never going to have to worry about someone coming to hire edsall away ......

Edited by Eastside Terp, 09 January 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#4 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

not as far as I know but just after the vandy season the salt is already in the wound ........

lol, we are never going to have to worry about someone coming to hire edsall away ......

Probably not. But he should be on a short leash. He did make it to a bowl game. If he can get them to a bowl game in his first year in the B1G, that's a significant milestone, IMO.

Pedo State still has 2 more years on post-season bowls, so Md has 2 more years before PSU and Franklin ramp it up. May be tough convincing recruits to go to a place with 2 more years of the ban.

Edited by slapshot, 09 January 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#5 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

Probably not. But he should be on a short leash. He did make it to a bowl game. If he can get them to a bowl game in his first year in the B1G, that's a significant milestone, IMO.

Pedo State still has 2 more years on post-season bowls, so Md has 2 more years before PSU and Franklin ramp it up. May be tough convincing recruits to go to a place with 2 more years of the ban.

sorry, but that bowl game was a joke, they had 2 decent wins this season, against a wva and vt teams that were in down years .......

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#6 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

sorry, but that bowl game was a joke, they had 2 decent wins this season, against a wva and vt teams that were in down years .......

No disagreement about the bowl game...it was lame. But as lame as it was, it still represents a milestone. There were 21 (I believe) FBS bowl games, so far less than half of the 125 FBS teams got an invite. Always better to go to a bowl, than not. Only 6 teams in the big ten got an invite.

If the goal isn't to get to a BCS bowl, then I would be disappointed. But as a first step, get to a bowl. The next step should be, win that bowl game.

Edited by slapshot, 09 January 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#7 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

unreal.......

You aren't stuck with Edsall...go jump on the Penn St bandwagon..no one will miss you or care if you are gone.  

Edited by Baltimatt, 11 January 2014 - 10:45 AM.
Crude language

#8 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

unreal.......

There goes Western PA and New Jersey. Now possiblly MD as well.

#9 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

I may have to start making road trips to Happy Valley.  

This rivalry just got interesting.

Edited by demopublican, 11 January 2014 - 07:11 PM.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#10 Arslan

Arslan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Penn State has scheduled a press conference tomorrow where it plans to announce James Franklin as the new HC.

Considering the success Vandy has had the last 3 years, perhaps it'll take Edsall off our hands.

#11 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

its official .......

how did we let him get away after paying him all that money to be coach in waiting ......

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#12 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

You aren't stuck with Edsall...go jump on the Penn St bandwagon..no one will miss you or care if you are gone.  

as usual, you have nothing intelligent to add ......

almost 30 year, diamond level terrapin club member here ......

what have you done to support the programs .......

Edited by Baltimatt, 11 January 2014 - 10:45 AM.
Quote edited

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#13 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

Edited by Baltimatt, Today, 10:45 AM. 
Crude language

I hope he got a warning post

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#14 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,006 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

Edited by Baltimatt, Today, 10:45 AM. 
Crude language

I hope he got a warning post

I doubt it, I think its anything goes on here anymore .......

the personal attacks and nonsense that is permitted on nationals everyday are worse than I have ever seen on here in 10+ years........

I think the ban button is broke .......

Edited by Eastside Terp, 12 January 2014 - 12:59 AM.

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#15 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

I doubt it, I think its anything goes on here anymore .......

the personal attacks and nonsense that is permitted on nationals everyday are worse than I have ever seen on here in 10+ years........

I think the ban button is broke .......

They have me a warning for calling them out for not banning the racist knuckle draggers.  I used the MF expression with the second work covered with ****

#16 Arslan

Arslan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

Maryland should offer a position to Larry Johnson, the Penn State defensive line coach line coach who Is regarded as one of the best recruiters in college football. He's from southern Maryland and is angry that he wasn't seriously considered for the Penn State HC position.

#17 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

Maryland should offer a position to Larry Johnson, the Penn State defensive line coach line coach who Is regarded as one of the best recruiters in college football. He's from southern Maryland and is angry that he wasn't seriously considered for the Penn State HC position.

Yep, that would be a good get.

#18 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

Could not do any worse.

#19 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Yep, that would be a good get.

Maybe time for UMD to consider hiring a minority as a head coach again.

Edited by Navypost, 12 January 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#20 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

Maryland should offer a position to Larry Johnson, the Penn State defensive line coach line coach who Is regarded as one of the best recruiters in college football. He's from southern Maryland and is angry that he wasn't seriously considered for the Penn State HC position.

Keep the southern MD theme, and hire Tubby Smith for bb-ball team(joking)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users