• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#41 Arslan

Arslan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

At least Maryland isn't as bad as UMass whose AD hired this week their former HC, Mark Whipple, who was unemployed this past football season. And, believe it or not, the fans are happy with the hire. Of course, he coached UMass when it played in Division 1-AA and was generally successful on the field. The transition to BCS hasn't been smooth, and the faculty is rebelling about funds being diverted from academics. LOL!!!

#42 Bawlmerian

Bawlmerian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Sure, at least the graduation rate would explode through the roof,

Norm Chow & Ken Niumatalolo would be good considerations

LOL.  I don't know much about Chow but I doubt he has much of an east coast recruiting net work.  But if you think Niumatalolo would stoop to coaching Maryland you are just nuts.

A warm sunspot Spring welcome to all of our new O'Malley sycophant posters. I guess the re-election campaign has begun. :)

#43 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

LOL. I don't know much about Chow but I doubt he has much of an east coast recruiting net work. But if you think Niumatalolo would stoop to coaching Maryland you are just nuts.

Well his daughter played on the Terps' lacrosse team, but you are right he wouldn't take chance.

Edited by Navypost, 16 January 2014 - 10:47 PM.

#44 Bawlmerian

Bawlmerian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

I did not know that.  They have one hell of a team.  Good for them.  

A warm sunspot Spring welcome to all of our new O'Malley sycophant posters. I guess the re-election campaign has begun. :)

#45 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

Sorry I mean lacrosse. http://m.umterps.com...DB_OEM_ID=29700

#46 DayWalker

DayWalker

Vampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,295 posts
  • LocationIn Your Worst Nightmares

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

Is it a done deal? ESPN is simply reporting he is "likely to take the PSU job".

That said, if he does a great job, after X number of years, he'll get the call from some NFL team.

I think he was already in the NFL as one of the youngest position coaches with the Packers.

#47 Guest_slapshot_*

Guest_slapshot_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

I meant as head coach, much like the guy he's replacing.

By the way - love the avatar.

#48 DJGreg1200

DJGreg1200

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,606 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

Maryland should offer a position to Larry Johnson, the Penn State defensive line coach line coach who Is regarded as one of the best recruiters in college football. He's from southern Maryland and is angry that he wasn't seriously considered for the Penn State HC position.

Johnson was offered to stay by Franklin but he declined. Rumor is that he'll be joining Urban Meyer's staff at Ohio St

#49 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

Well Franklin has beaten more ranked teams than Edsal.

You sure about that? Even if true, those teams were likely only ranked at the time they played Vandy considering he only beat 4 FBS teams that ended the season with winning records in 3 years at Vandy.

#50 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:59 AM

Johnson was offered to stay by Franklin but he declined. Rumor is that he'll be joining Urban Meyer's staff at Ohio St

Well, we know that weirdo Franklin's criteria for hiring an assistant coach is the attractiveness of his wife. Mrs. Johnson must have failed Franklin's oggle, eyeball test.

franklins bizarre personality won't play well up in Mayberry, PA. He will back to being a losy offensives coordinator in 3 years.

Seems like only yesterday Terps fans were whining about his lousy play calling.

#51 DJGreg1200

DJGreg1200

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,606 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:26 AM

Well, we know that weirdo Franklin's criteria for hiring an assistant coach is the attractiveness of his wife. Mrs. Johnson must have failed Franklin's oggle, eyeball test.

franklins bizarre personality won't play well up in Mayberry, PA. He will back to being a losy offensives coordinator in 3 years.

Seems like only yesterday Terps fans were whining about his lousy play calling.

I think you mis-read what I posted. Franklin offered Johnson a chance to stay. Johnson declined. And he'll stay at Penn St as long as he wants as long as he wins.

#52 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Which team has the better B1G record this year?

UMCP or Penn State?

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#53 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

unreal.......

terps will never get another decent MD prospect ......

just clean house down  there and get it over with and start with anderson ........

http://www.baltimore...0,1453222.story

5, 4 and 3 star lineman...4 star defensive end all from MD. Didn't take long to prove you 100 percent wrong....as usual.

#54 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:00 AM

Yes.  Maryland has proven that they will be one of the top 55 Division 1 programs in the country

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#55 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,297 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

WNST @WNST 13m

ICYMI, Randy #Edsall announced Friday that WR Tyrek Cheeseboro (Milford Mill) has left program for unspecified reasons. #Terps

#56 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

WNST @WNST 13m

ICYMI, Randy #Edsall announced Friday that WR Tyrek Cheeseboro (Milford Mill) has left program for unspecified reasons. #Terps

With Diggs, Long and Leak back and 4 star recruit Juwann Winfree now in the fold he probably realized he wasn't going to play. 

Hopefully the bizarre string of injuries has passed and these guys can stay healthy.  There is a lot of talent at the skill positions with Brown back too. 

#57 Bawlmerian

Bawlmerian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:04 AM

Yeah. I figure we can win four games next year with or without him. Honestly: what games do you see the Terps winning? JMU WVU Iowa Indiana

#58 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Yeah. I figure we can win four games next year with or without him. Honestly: what games do you see the Terps winning? JMU WVU Iowa Indiana

I don't know...that's why they play the games.  Home schedule looks awesome.  Nice to see some programs with pedigree and history rolling through Byrd. 

I won't miss the cracker barrell circut one bit.

#59 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

Yeah. I figure we can win four games next year with or without him.

Honestly: what games do you see the Terps winning?

JMU
WVU
Iowa
Indiana

Do you only watch games you think the team you like will win? Must be exciting.

Edited by Brohan, 05 March 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#60 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

I give them 50/50 odds with JMU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users