• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 confused fan

confused fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

I am intrigued how Coach Hostler has been under the radar for several years. To me with the recent departure of Coach Montgomery, a spotlight should be shined on all of the coaches. It has been reported that Coach Hostler assist with the play-calling duties, but with all of the offensive criticisms, his name never comes up.

One question that I have is how many drafted Raven wide receivers have been productive in the last 6 years? You can definitely say Torrey Smith, but is it because of his raw talent, the man has over 1100 yards of receiving and analyst are saying that he is not a complete receiver and the Ravens need a receiver in the first round, hmmm. My suspicion is with great coaching, Smith could be a superstar, and Brown can be a good player (number 2).

Taking a peek into the AFC north, in the past 6 years, the other three teams have developed at least one playmaking receiver. For discussion, let’s not count A.J. Green. Even the Browns have found steady production from the receiver position with Josh Gordon.

All of the wide receivers that were productive for the Ravens in the past 6 years came from other teams hence other coaches worked them to sharpen their game.

If the international man of mystery who appears not to be accountable is responsible for developing wide receivers, than I would rather see Ravens draft an offensive lineman or safety in the first few rounds in the draft. It’s unfortunate because there are game changers at the position of  wide receiver that are projected to be in the first few rounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users