Arslan

CBS Sports interviews the Fridge

18 posts in this topic

Correct link:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/24392033/talking-maryland-loyalty-and-coaching-with-ralph-friedgen

Q: Do you root for Maryland?

Friedgen: I can't say that. I don't really root one way or the another. I don't root against them but I can't root for 'em either.

Edited by Rob

Who can blame him? I love the Terps and try to watch every game (when they are not exited to ESPNU or ESPN3). I have boycotted the ticket box for the past year but I have not changed teams. But they fired Ralph for being too fat. After all he did for them.

Always liked and respected the man. Same thing with Gary. He was a motivator and could get the most, from the least.

I wonder how is weight is?

Edited by slapshot

There's a picture of him on the Internet coaching college players invited to participate in the Medal of Honor Bowl in Charleston, SC. The picture was taken last week. The Fridge still fills out his sweatshirt.

There's a picture of him on the Internet coaching college players invited to participate in the Medal of Honor Bowl in Charleston, SC. The picture was taken last week. The Fridge still fills out his sweatshirt.

Thanks.

I wish him the best.

If the Terps fans filled the stadium they spent all that money renovating flounder never would have gotten canned.

I do feel bad for him that his lively hood rested on whiney, fair weather Terps fans who couldn't be bothered to show up and support a winning team the years flounder's teams did win. That's the real shame.

Ralph is returning to college football as OC at Rutgers, Maryland's new rival.

I tried posting the link but couldn't get it to paste.

Awesome news. Good for him.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24423067/ralph-friedgen-expected-to-be-named-rutgers-oc

After three seasons on the coaching sidelines, former Maryland coach and national Coach of the Year winner Ralph Friedgen is expected to be named Rutgers' offensive coordinator, a source told CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman. The source told Feldman that Rutgers coach Kyle Flood first reached out to Friedgen a week ago to gauge his interest in making his return to coaching with the Scarlet Knights. Friedgen coached the Terrapins for 10 seasons, from 2001 to 2010. After taking over a program that hadn't made a bowl appearance since 1990, Friedgen went 31-8 over his first three seasons, winning 10 or more games each time and taking the Terps to the 2002 Orange Bowl.

Couple good years and he can either retire back on top or start getting interesting offers again.

Edited by demopublican

Ralph is returning to college football as OC at Rutgers, Maryland's new rival.

I tried posting the link but couldn't get it to paste.

That's some very interesting news. Instant rivalry?

With Franklin at Penn State and Ralph at Rutgers, Maryland now has in-conference football rivals that the ACC had never really provided.

With Franklin at Penn State and Ralph at Rutgers, Maryland now has in-conference football rivals that the ACC had never really provided.

Kind of ironic how the stars have aligned....

Now we just need a real athletic director and a couple of good coaches.

But it may be all for naught of the P5 breaks away from the conferences and forms a separate league that functions like the NFL, with an 8 school playoff and equal national TV revenue sharing. Boy, Maryland would be a big loser under this scenario, at least in the short term.

But it may be all for naught of the P5 breaks away from the conferences and forms a separate league that functions like the NFL, with an 8 school playoff and equal national TV revenue sharing. Boy, Maryland would be a big loser under this scenario, at least in the short term.

IMO, has a very small chance of happening. Just a lot of bravado.

Now we just need a real athletic director and a couple of good coaches.

Did you get your Rutgers jersey yet?  AD isn't going anywhere, the team added good coaches. 

Did you get your Rutgers jersey yet?  AD isn't going anywhere, the team added good coaches. 

The way you fawn over Randy makes me wonder about you.  Do you have a poster of him on the ceiling over your bed?

I am picturing a room decorated like a 14 yo girl infatuated with Justin Bieber 

The way you fawn over Randy makes me wonder about you.  Do you have a poster of him on the ceiling over your bed?

I am picturing a room decorated like a 14 yo girl infatuated with Justin Bieber

Maybe you are looking at your avatar...that's cute...did Jerry Sandusky give you that from his bait box?