Eduardo Rodriguez

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,313 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

He was ranked as the 6th best LH pitching prospect by MLB. on a scale of 20-80 (with 50 being average) ER's rating is an overall 55, so he's average+, a little shy of being above avg. the site gives a breakdown of all his pitches, and control, he was graded 55 across the board. And the Mets came calling for him, so that seems like a ringing endorsement, since their system is stocked with high ceiling pitching prospects.  

I also like that he has a slightly above avg change up. I've mentioned ER a few times, because I felt like he was an under the radar guy who was developing through hard work, learning from his experiences, and no fanfare. <- that last one is a biggie, because we're all tired of hearing about the great pitching saviors, year in and year out, who ultimately fizzle and fade. 

Eduardo Rodriguez, Orioles: The Venezuelan native took a step forward in 2013, reaching Double-A Bowie and ending the year as the starting pitcher in the Arizona Fall League Championship Game. He has grown into his big frame and now throws his fastball in the low-90s with good action. Rodriguez's changeup and slider give him two more quality pitches with which to attack hitters.

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...8&vkey=news_mlb

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#2 Struds

Struds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:00 AM

He was ranked as the 6th best LH pitching prospect by MLB. on a scale of 20-80 (with 50 being average) ER's rating is an overall 55, so he's average+, a little shy of being above avg. the site gives a breakdown of all his pitches, and control, he was graded 55 across the board. And the Mets came calling for him, so that seems like a ringing endorsement, since their system is stocked with high ceiling pitching prospects.  

I also like that he has a slightly above avg change up. I've mentioned ER a few times, because I felt like he was an under the radar guy who was developing through hard work, learning from his experiences, and no fanfare. <- that last one is a biggie, because we're all tired of hearing about the great pitching saviors, year in and year out, who ultimately fizzle and fade. 

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...8&vkey=news_mlb

Are you trying to get our hopes up? :)

If he, Gausman and Bundy work out, the future of O's pitching is much better than its been. With our luck, that improvement will coincide with the team losing all its hitters.

#3 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:31 AM

Are you trying to get our hopes up? :)

If he, Gausman and Bundy work out, the future of O's pitching is much better than its been. With our luck, that improvement will coincide with the team losing all its hitters.

Or with what happened with Loewen, Arietta, Britton,  and Matusz. Weren't we supposed to be sitting pretty with starting pitchers right now?

#4 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,734 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

Of that group, Matusz and Britton are still hanging on, barely. ER is an interesting pitcher. What I don't understand is how the Mets when from being in financial trouble to having a bunch of highly rated pitching prospects in a few years.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#5 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,313 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

Of that group, Matusz and Britton are still hanging on, barely. ER is an interesting pitcher. What I don't understand is how the Mets when from being in financial trouble to having a bunch of highly rated pitching prospects in a few years.

losing, when done right, can be beneficial. the Mets knew they couldn't compete, so they committed to truly rebuilding. the O's have never done that. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users