• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

He may face the hardest conditions ever for a QB in the Superbowl era. He faces the best secondary currently in the in the NFL and more than likely the worst weather conditions ever for a Superbowl. If he wins and puts up 300 yards I think that puts him above Brady when it comes to the debate on legacy. I understand Brady would still have him 1 up. Man had like 20 neck surgeries like two years ago.

#2 Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

Baltimore Ravens Lets Go!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Gotta be pulling for him. I have no dislike for the Seahawks other than Richard Sherman. I would love to see him get torched and lose the game.

#3 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Weather was actually good(by one day). I underestimated the Hawks D.

#4 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,452 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

As much as fans of defense complain about how the league has changed the rules / officiating to favor offense, it seems apparent to me that they still loosen the reigns a little bit once January starts.  You just don't seem to see as many "touchy" PIs called.  That played in to the Ravens favor last year.  It certainly didn't hurt the Seahawks this year.  It was a big "gripe" from the arena-league mindset back in the early / mid 00s when teams like the Patriots would maul Peyton's targets at the line and throttle the Colts offense in big games.  Both the Ravens and the 49ers DBs / LBs got away with a lot in the Superbowl last year.  The only PI I recall came when Torrey Smith was standing still on a throw from Joe, and it was so blatant they had no choice.  "Moving contact" last year in New Orleans was pretty much free game.  Smith got mauled on a deep ball I recall, and then Smith mauled a 49ers DB later in the game when he had a chance at a pick.  But moving fouls were okay in that game.  :)

I didn't really have a strong hunch either way who was going to win last week, but I did think it would be very tough for the Broncos offense if the refs let the SEA DBs play physical.  They did, and it got ugly.  A couple touchy PIs early and automatic first downs, and maybe the Seahawks DBs start playing off a little more.  Could have been a completely different game in that case, but they never let the Broncos receivers run untouched.  Smart move.  Very smart move.

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users