36 replies to this topic

#1 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

Anyone know what the record is for MD high school career scoring?

Can't be many who have reached that mark.

Most public school players will see ~22 games per year, so if you play 88 games in 4 years, you need to average 22.8 per game for all 4 years on a varsity team.  (A 3-year varsity player would have to avg over 30 per game).

Oakdale's Zach Thomas will easily surpass 2,000 this season.

http://www.frederick...35374a892c.html

As a skinny freshman on Oakdale's varsity boys basketball team, Oakdale's Zach Thomas found himself facing players who were bigger and stronger.

While many other boys his age were learning the high school basketball ropes on freshman or JV teams, Thomas assumed a leading role on Oakdale's nascent varsity team. In the first game in program history, Thomas scored a team-high 19 points against Wilde Lake.

Thomas, now a 6-foot-6, solidly built senior, has 1,923 career points, and there's still plenty of games left this season. He's closing in on what is believed to be the all-time Frederick County boys scoring record of 1,973, which was set by Thomas Johnson's Jermaine Thomas (no relation) from 1998-2002. And while it's unclear what the state boys scoring record is, 2,000-point scorers are virtually unheard of in a sport where 1,000-point milestones are celebrated.

#2 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

Not sure the actual points but pretty sure this kid will not get even close to the record. The All time leading scorer in the state is Rodney Monroe and I'm pretty sure it's close to almost 3,500 points! Then it's Sean Mosley and then Quintin Dailey. Aquille Carr had over 2000 points in three years. Don't think Thomas will crack the Top 10 in the state on the All Time list. You have guys like Mark Karcher, who scored well over 2000 points.

#3 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Not sure the actual points but pretty sure this kid will not get even close to the record. The All time leading scorer in the state is Rodney Monroe and I'm pretty sure it's close to almost 3,500 points! Then it's Sean Mosley and then Quintin Dailey. Aquille Carr had over 2000 points in three years. Don't think Thomas will crack the Top 10 in the state on the All Time list. You have guys like Mark Karcher, who scored well over 2000 points.

Do you have a link to these stats?  

3,500 points over 4 years seems a little unbelievable, that's averaging 40 per game, every game, for all 4 years of high school.  

#4 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Do you have a link to these stats?  

3,500 points over 4 years seems a little unbelievable, that's averaging 40 per game, every game, for all 4 years of high school.

No it's not, it's not even 30 points a game. Monroe teams played at least 30 games a season. I was off a little, he scored 3407 points. I did a quick search and found this!

http://articles.hera...bertson-goretti

There have been plenty of 2000 point scorers in the state. Seems like the Frederick newspaper needs new fact checkers.

#5 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

No it's not, it's not even 30 points a game. Monroe teams played at least 30 games a season. I was off a little, he scored 3407 points. I did a quick search and found this!

http://articles.hera...bertson-goretti

There have been plenty of 2000 point scorers in the state. Seems like the Frederick newspaper needs new fact checkers.

So the phrase "public school" in the original post went right over your head?

#6 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

So the phrase "public school" in the original post went right over your head?

You didn't say what the record was for Maryland Public schools,, you asked what the record was for the STATE! I also hate to tell you but public schools back in the day also played over 30 games. Dunbar during my day played over 30 games. Not sure how many points he has but Donta Bright scored around 2000 for Dunbar. You had players like the great Devin Boyd at Walbrook who had over 2000 points and averaged over 25 points for his four year career. And like I said earlier, Aquille Carr had over 2000 and is somewhere on the Top 10 list because he still played in Maryland his senior year.

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM, 25 January 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#7 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

You didn't say what the record was for Maryland Public schools,, you asked what the record was for the STATE! I also hate to tell you but public schools back in the day also played over 30 games. Dunbar during my day played over 30 games. Not sure how many points he has but Donta Bright scored around 2000 for Dunbar. You had players like the great Devin Boyd at Walbrook who had over 2000 points and averaged over 25 points for his four year career. And like I said earlier, Aquille Carr had over 2000 in and is somewhere on the Top 10 list because he still played in Maryland his senior year.

#8 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

Barry Young was over 2,000pts

#9 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

Barry Young was over 2,000pts

I remember Barry Young from Mt. Hebron! He definitely put up big numbers. I think he might be the public school record holder actually.

#10 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

The more I think about this, I think the second leading scorer ever in the state might be my man Michael Tate(also known as Michael Venson) from Oxon Hill and Georgetown. He averaged 35 his senior year and somehow crazy like 29 for his whole career.

#11 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

You didn't say what the record was for Maryland Public schools,, you asked what the record was for the STATE! I also hate to tell you but public schools back in the day also played over 30 games. Dunbar during my day played over 30 games. Not sure how many points he has but Donta Bright scored around 2000 for Dunbar. You had players like the great Devin Boyd at Walbrook who had over 2000 points and averaged over 25 points for his four year career. And like I said earlier, Aquille Carr had over 2000 and is somewhere on the Top 10 list because he still played in Maryland his senior year.

Which proves my point made in the second sentence of the first post.

#12 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

Aquille Carr had over 2000 points in three years

In three years?  

According to this, he scored 1,000 total in his first two years (freshman and sophomore).

http://eye-on-colleg...283066/29173489

Carr set a school record by scoring 57 points in one game, and has already topped 1,000 career points in just two seasons.

Are you saying he scored 1,000 in the next season, his Jr year?  

Did he avg around 50 per game that year? :rolleyes:   (no, he averaged 23.6).

You need to provide some proof of that extreme exaggeration (e.g. lying).

#13 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

Dude

Why are you being so argumentative!!!!  You asked a question and GA tried to answer.  If you don't care for the answers, look the crap up yourself.  No one "...need to provide some proof..." to you.  Your tone is most abrasive and needs to be checked.  Or it's more conducive for the whacks in the national or local threads.  Calm down Jee.

Edited by DayWalker, 25 January 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#14 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

Dude

Why are you being so argumentative!!!! You asked a question and GA tried to answer. If you don't care for the answers, look the crap up yourself. No one "...need to provide some proof..." to you. Your tone is most abrasive and needs to be checked. Or it's more conducive for the whacks in the national or local threads. Calm down Jee.

I don't even know why I actually responded to hime to be honest, I usually ignore him. After a couple of texts and quick search, I was wrong, Aquille didn't score his 2000th point until his second game of his senior season. I was off 2 games, but HARDLY way off. Here's the video link for Jeebus Zimmerman.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=Evbo-OkNWbQ

By the way, Princeton Day Academy played 49 games during Aquille's senior year and he averaged 29 a game. If he score his 2000th the second game of the season and you do the math, he finished with over well over 3000 points.

#15 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Dude

Why are you being so argumentative!!!!  You asked a question and GA tried to answer.  If you don't care for the answers, look the crap up yourself.  No one "...need to provide some proof..." to you.  Your tone is most abrasive and needs to be checked.  Or it's more conducive for the whacks in the national or local threads.  Calm down Jee.

Dude, you are free to believe all his BS all you want.

If he's gonna post BS, let him back it up with facts.  If he doesn't know, he shouldn't act like he knows everything and simply not post.

Lol, thinking Carr scored over 2,000 in 3 years is ludicrous.

Edited by Jeebus, 25 January 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#16 dunkone

dunkone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

The more I think about this, I think the second leading scorer ever in the state might be my man Michael Tate(also known as Michael Venson) from Oxon Hill and Georgetown. He averaged 35 his senior year and somehow crazy like 29 for his whole career.

I think he may have had injuries, but he did nothing at Gtown and didn't do anything when he transferred to a mid-major either...at times as I remember it looked like he had no game at all on the college level...

#17 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

I preface this by saying that if the Sun kicks me off the board for the following, then they can go kick rocks. Jeebus and others have put much more inflammatory stuff on the national board and aren't ever censored:

Jeebus, don't you really mean "drugged up n***er", you racist piece of dog dung? Everybody knows that is your type's derogatory code word of the day. Your fascist agenda is obvious whenever you try to prop up one of your GWHs and down those of a darker hue. (White Power!!!)

You're nothing but a Nazi that talks trash over the internet. To paraphrase the great Isaiah Thomas, "if Zach Thomas was black he'd just be another good player!" Lol! Two can play your game!

Stop your whining, clown.  No one cares what you think, go tell you moms that some guy on the internet hurt your feelings, fool.

#18 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

You hit it right on the head. He used this thread to again spread his hate. You're also right about Thomas, good player for Frederick County but there's been plenty of higher scoring players all thru the state, in private, public, wherever. Like I said, kid will not sniff the Top 10 in the state and is no where even close to state record for Publics.

You graduated high school 20 years ago, get a life and stop hanging out with little kids to boost your self esteem.  

Creepiest poster on this board, living his life vicariously through boys in shorts.  

Very creepy.

#19 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

May I suggest simply ignoring this gent, all of his posts or threads he may start here.  Misery just wants company.

Ignore Ignorance!

#20 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,947 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

May I suggest simply ignoring this gent, all of his posts or threads he may start here. Misery just wants company.

Ignore Ignorance!

Actually hats what I normally do. Was first time I responded to anything he posted in AGES. Have no idea what was going thru my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users