• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 joeyd08

joeyd08

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Md, please buy this guy out of his contract. A coach is supposed to make players better, it appears especially after tonight's game every player has taken a step back in their game.

#2 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,297 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

I have to admit, his team is regressing. They aren't much better than his first year, which IMO is unacceptable.

Time to find a guy with success in the Big 10. Turgeon is in over his head.

#3 Bawlmerian

Bawlmerian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:21 PM

Time to clean house.  New AD and new Men's Basketball and Football Coaches.

A warm sunspot Spring welcome to all of our new O'Malley sycophant posters. I guess the re-election campaign has begun. :)

#4 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

Time to clean house.  New AD and new Men's Basketball and Football Coaches.

Don't lump the great coach Randy in with this loser Turgeon. Randy has a much tougher job and is making progress.

Turgeon is turning this elleged "basketball school" into a homecoming apponent.

#5 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

5-4 in the ACC now.  Still under achieving but the last two victories helped.

If he does not get them into the real post season he has failed and like randy he should be replaced.  

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#6 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,297 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

Their 5 wins in the ACC are against teams that are a combined 11-32 in the conference.

#7 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Their 5 wins in the ACC are against teams that are a combined 11-32 in the conference.

True, but that's 5 less post game tirades where he buries and blames his players for everything. That's 5 less chances he scares off any talent his shady AAU contacts can't buy him.

#8 Bawlmerian

Bawlmerian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

You sound like a bitter UVA fan.  Wahoo Brohan

A warm sunspot Spring welcome to all of our new O'Malley sycophant posters. I guess the re-election campaign has begun. :)

#9 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

You sound like a bitter UVA fan.  Wahoo Brohan[/size]

Looking at the standings I don't think those a holes at UVA are bitter...now, after a few drinks they may want to murder their girlfriend or attack a cop....

#10 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

Fair weather Terp fan

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#11 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

It isn't like Turgeon just stopped being a good coach overnight. I think the team this year hasn't played to expectations as well. With that said I still believe MD is on the right track. Turgeon is bringing in better talent and will be successful. He coached lesser talent to high levels at Witchita State and A&M

#12 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

It isn't like Turgeon just stopped being a good coach overnight. I think the team this year hasn't played to expectations as well. With that said I still believe MD is on the right track. Turgeon is bringing in better talent and will be successful. He coached lesser talent to high levels at Witchita State and A&M

I think Turgeon just stopped coaching.  This is the dumbest, most undisciplined  team I've seen in a long time.  That's a reflection on their coach. 

Who are some possible replacements for Turgeon? 

#13 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

They need to fire him after this season. It would be best to clean house and let the new AD pick the new basketball and football coaches.

#14 Bawlmerian

Bawlmerian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

http://sports.yahoo....s-201402080343/

46-29 Maryland Near halftime

#15 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

http://sports.yahoo....s-201402080343/

46-29 Maryland Near halftime

Impressive...Turg building the resume for his triumphant return to the NIT...maybe. 

#16 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Impressive...Turg building the resume for his triumphant return to the NIT...maybe. 

Sounds a lot like the Military Bowl.

#17 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Sounds a lot like the Military Bowl.

Like building a football team at MD is the same as building a basketball team...clueless. Why don't you go to football games again, you don't like the AD?

#18 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

I am not a graduate of the school.  I support the teams that I choose.  I would like a competitive football team.  If Terps football did anything worthy of supporting I might get on board.  Why don't you attend basketball games again?

#19 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

I am not a graduate of the school.  I support the teams that I choose.  I would like a competitive football team.  If Terps football did anything worthy of supporting I might get on board.  Why don't you attend basketball games again?

Oh, just a proud front running bandwagon fan. I do go to Terps basketball games.

#20 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,397 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Oh, just a proud front running bandwagon fan. I do go to Terps basketball games.

Call it what ever the fluke you want.  

I will support any team I want.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users