joeyd08

Turgeon

109 posts in this topic

Good one Seinfeld.  Show your brother-in-law and maybe he'll let you #%$^ him off.

He is a Terp fan

He is a Terp fan

Oh, was it you boss who was a wahoo that turned you into a slobbering fan boi?

Or do you just like guys who wear button downs, plaid pants and flip flops on 30 degree weather?

Oh, was it you boss who was a wahoo that turned you into a slobbering fan boi?

Or do you just like guys who wear button downs, plaid pants and flip flops on 30 degree weather?

I never rooted for them any more than I root for any non Duke ACC team in the tournament.

I have consistently asked you what your grudge was with UVA but never said I was a fan.  I have never set foot in one of their sports facilities and never worn any logo.

They are a #1 seed and I could not name one player on the team.

You really do need help.  College was a long time ago,  I am sure she has moved on.  So should you.

I never rooted for them any more than I root for any non Duke ACC team in the tournament.

I have consistently asked you what your grudge was with UVA but never said I was a fan.  I have never set foot in one of their sports facilities and never worn any logo.

They are a #1 seed and I could not name one player on the team.

You really do need help.  College was a long time ago,  I am sure she has moved on.  So should you.

I don't need help, you do. You are the one dying to know why I (as you say) hate that school. You're the one who can't let it go and keep bringing it up and making up bizarre scenarios why I $?@ on Mr. Jefferson's university.

Simple answer, I know people that went there.

"Or do you just like guys who wear button downs, plaid pants and flip flops on 30 degree weather?"

LOLz.  And you don't see you need help?

Oh well, tough year for NINITTurgeon. 

I guess it's no real surprise; he has only made it to the Big Dance a few times and only went relatively far a, as in one, year. 

At least football made it to the post-season...lacrosse is looking like a safe bet too. 

Maybe one day Maryland will turn into a basketball school and make the tourney as frequently as the Duke's, Carolina's, Michigan St.'s, Kentucky's and Kansas' of the world. 

Edited by Brohan

I guess it's no real surprise; he has only made it to the Big Dance a few times and only went relatively far a, as in one, year.

At least football made it to the post-season...lacrosse is looking like a safe bet too.

Maybe one day Maryland will turn into a basketball school and make the tourney as frequently as the Duke's, Carolina's, Michigan St.'s, Kentucky's and Kansas' of the world.

From what I hear from the local AAU circuit,UMCP has become a tough sell, even for the DC/PG kids. Bmore continues to be a mystery.

From what I hear from the local AAU circuit,UMCP has become a tough sell, even for the DC/PG kids. Bmore continues to be a mystery.

Tough sell? No such thing on the shady AAU circuit...just pay more.

What's the mystery w bmore kids?

No post season: Fire the coach.  Long passed time.

Yep. I said it. I was angry and I was wrong.

We're you wrong about him too?

I certainly cannot claim I was impressed with his progress those years they missed the tourney, but I'm real slow to call for the firing of the coach. There are so many moving parts to constructing a consistent top program. Even when they were not seeming to get it together, I think Turgeon was doing good things behind the scenes, recruiting, etc. That year he had a whole bunch of players leave had to be a set-back, but the program seems to be better off without those players. I guess you can call it quality coaching when you strike it rich with a Melo Trimble, but the coach deserves credit for what he has put together for their first year in the B1G. The Terps have gotten a lot of people's attention.

I think Turgeon just stopped coaching.  This is the dumbest, most undisciplined  team I've seen in a long time.  That's a reflection on their coach. 

Who are some possible replacements for Turgeon?

So were you incorrect?

So were you incorrect?

Incorrect about what? The team was lousy, you wanted Turg fired and I asked who would replace him.

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?

Incorrect about what? The team was lousy, you wanted Turg fired and I asked who would replace him.

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?

I was wrong.  Glad they did no knee jerk like I said

Don't lump the great coach Randy in with this loser Turgeon. Randy has a much tougher job and is making progress.

Turgeon is turning this elleged "basketball school" into a homecoming apponent.

Can you man up and say that you were wrong too? 

I like Turgeon OK, but I have to say it must be easy for a coach to look good when he's got Diamond Stone coming off the bench.

The great coach Randy...too funny!

As for Turgeon, he is clearly a proven recruiter--the Terps are loaded. The only thing left for him to prove is his coaching acumen, something Gary had in droves.

So far I have to give Turgeon an A- on this season, x and o's.  It has taken a bit of time to get all of the parts into position, and certainly a really gutsy move to have Stone coming off of the bench, but he's done a good job of snapping the team out of lulls and making adjustments in-game.  I feel that they took a few teams a little lightly, but that could just be my perception, hence not a perfect A thus far. 

That said, their utter dismantling of Northwestern and a depleted Rutgers team were worthy of their top 5 ranking this year.  It's rare that I feel pity for any team(and I will never pity any team coached by that obnoxious Dookie Chris Collins), but last night with the Terps up 42, even with Mello resting his tight hammy, I truly felt sorry for the onslaught that was befalling Rutgers.  It was a nice move to pull the starters with so much time left, and then clear the bench. 

Maybe one day Maryland will turn into a basketball school and make the tourney as frequently as the Duke's, Carolina's, Michigan St.'s, Kentucky's and Kansas' of the world.

Maybe!

Nice B1G road win today

I really felt like this was a serious trap game.  Wisconsin has struggled, but if the right guys get hot, they are dangerous. 

Up by 8, Trimble made a series of mistakes that cost them the sure win, not to mention Carter missing a key 1-1 that could have iced it.  I kinda figured Trimble would take the final shot, but I really thought he'd drive to the basket and draw a foul, or get an easy layup.  Nope, he backs up, takes an uncontested 3 from a mile away...and DRILLS it.  Wow.

Michigan handled Trimble well. Turgeon needs to diversify his offense a little more.

Michigan handled Trimble well. Turgeon needs to diversify his offense a little more.

Not that you're incorrect, and I imagine they will diversify as the season goes along, but I think the Terps at Michigan were just sloppy, sluggish, and out of synch. It happens.

steve-  Terps were ragged, but maybe too much is flowing through Trimble