joeyd08

Turgeon

109 posts in this topic

Trimble picked up two quick fouls in the Michigan game, sat for extended periods, and never seemed to get in a flow as a result. I fully expect him to light it up against OSU tomorrow.

I'm really surprised at how well Iowa is playing. Beating Michigan State twice, not to mention beating them down on the road with their best player back (Valentine), is serious business.

Love this time of the year when conference play really begins to heat up.

Not that you're incorrect, and I imagine they will diversify as the season goes along, but I think the Terps at Michigan were just sloppy, sluggish, and out of synch. It happens.

I'd put a lot of that slop on Sulaimon - he has a habit of getting a little wild at times.

Gutty win tonight. The NW dominance on the boards was an embarrassment. But Layman had a great game and Melo and Stone did their normal fantastic stuff. Love to see Chris Collins lose. He did shake hands with the Terps

Was at the game, and the offensive rebounding was as bad as advertised. Way too much of everyone running back on defense thinking a shot was going in. Also, the refs were completely atrocious, but that is another story.

Gutty win tonight. The NW dominance on the boards was an embarrassment. But Layman had a great game and Melo and Stone did their normal fantastic stuff. Love to see Chris Collins lose. He did shake hands with the Terps

It looked like the Terps were having an off night. Playing most of the game without Stone didn't help. When he got in at the end he took it home.

Melo is as good a player as I can recall seeing, able to play with abandon yet not out of control, and there are no holes in Stone's game either. He catches the ball and knows just what to do with it underneath. Enjoy these guys this year, folks.

They started out pretty lethargic.  The guy next to us was screaming about them being hungover from partying too much after whipping OSU, lol!  Then they went into a mode where they were giving up too many shots for passes, and turning it over, or not getting their best shot off.  The energy picked up a lot towards the end of the first half, and it seemed like they might run away with it, but then they just went absolutely ice-cold and nothing was falling in, and they weren't getting many offensive rebounds due to a variety of reasons, some of which just some bad bounces.  Stone being out down the stretch with 4 fouls really hurt them.  I question Turgeon not bringing him in on the final few possessions, that just makes no sense to me at all. 

Terps drop to 8th, which is more of a reflection of what happened this week in the Top 25 as much as anything else.  It wasn't a good week for them, and particularly not a good week for Turgeon. 

Losing to Michigan State in a close one on the road isn't the worst thing, but more it's the way they lost.  For the second game in a row they got out hustled and out rebounded, something that absolutely should not have happened with their size advantage over MSU. 

On the plus side, Trimble heated back up, but conversely, he got little help from Sulaimon, Laymen, and Stone.  Again, there's a little too much passing going on, and not enough inside out play with penetration.  I'm no coach, but it seems to me they are most effective when Trimble and Sulaimon are driving to the basket.  Lately I keep expecting to hear Sweet Georgia Brown to come over the loudspeakers.

Pretty disturbing trend.  Those lethargic starts are a perfect recipe for an early exit from the tournament.  Now teams have seen a weakness and you can bet they will game plan for it.  They has better be ready Thursday for Iowa.