Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OriginalColtsFan

Ravens to announce Kubiak as the new OC at 3:00 PM

82 posts in this topic

It will be interesting to see how long the folks on this board can go before bashing this move. It would make sense to see how things develop during the actual NFL season, but I expect it will begin before the announcement is made.

Fantastic decision!!!

It will be interesting to see how long the folks on this board can go before bashing this move. It would make sense to see how things develop during the actual NFL season, but I expect it will begin before the announcement is made.

They'd better hurry!

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and support them, unless they give me a reason otherwise, so no bashing from me at this time  :)

I think that Kubiak is an excellent choice, and congratulate the Ravens on landing him.  Steve did a great...I mean John selected a really good one here.................in picking Gary.  Actually he will be a great help to John..and will be able to run the offense very independently...so John can focus on his 'head coaching' responsibilities.  Now let's enjoy seeing Gary assemble a strong offensive staff and start building something with substance.  Also, now Joe has a chance to get better, and have some real guidance...as well as a scheme that has better odds of success...along with hopefully a rebuilt O line.  I am sure Kubiak will see to that.......  good for both the running and passing game.  This sure beats the choices we were looking at up to yesterday!   

I'm on the fence with this one.

:)

Now...I know...I know...some of you are asking the question: WHY?!!! Well...because.

Because Kubiak is another in a long line of: conservative, run-run-pass OC's who wants things done HIS way and he does not believe in audibles at the LOS. Haven't we already seen enough of that?

We'll just have to see how it all plays out.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

I'm on the fence with this one.

:)

Now...I know...I know...some of you are asking the question: WHY?!!! Well...because.

Because Kubiak is another in a long line of: conservative, run-run-pass OC's who wants things done HIS way and he does not believe in audibles at the LOS. Haven't we already seen enough of that?

We'll just have to see how it all plays out.

uh ... why would anyone be asking anything?  Like, who gives a crap what you think?  you were wrong about Caldwell (the "rooney rule tour") and you were wrong about hostler getting the job.

go back to fixing computers.  I hope you're better at that

Edited by doktorluv

Maybe he will loosen up a little here with having Joe to work with.  I think he beats Hostler, hands down.....and will maybe try to reinvent himself here...to look appealing for a HC role.  This is one I am going to try to be optimistic about....although I understand your reservations OCF.  What I like is he seems to be a builder...and may develop the infrastructure to support whatever offensive style we end up with.  Also, I am hoping from what I have read, he believes in player development and using his talent.  If that is true, it will also help this offense that has been starved from a standpoint of player development, quite a bit.  Plus, I think he has the moxie to be a strong presence and not get run over by John.  I might not 'love' his offensive style the most....but let's see if he can make something out of this bunch.  They all need to get their confidence back, and their aggressiveness.  Now........on the defensive side of things....how long is Pees going to stay around do you think??????  we really need the toughness and swarming style there again.  we are far too mechanical...robotic, and styled to 'prevent' rather than crush.  we all see how well 'prevent' works when you face a really good QB.   And can we learn to TACKLE?

uh ... why would anyone be asking anything?  Like, who gives a crap what you think?  you were wrong about Caldwell (the "rooney rule tour") and you were wrong about hostler getting the job.

go back to fixing computers.  I hope you're better at that

Dude you just became my new best friend  :D

Great hire. I expect a lot from Kubiak as I know he wasnt to use this oppurtunity to be successful and get another shot at heing a head coach in this league.

As far as run, run, pass I recall Andre Johnson and several Broncos WR's have done pretty well under Kubiak. I'm just pleased that this is fresh blood coming into the organization. In addition it won't just be one guy. Dennison is on board and from what I can glean from the presser several other coaches will be coming on board.

This is more than just an OC hire. To me this signals a systemic shift in the way the Ravens are going to run things on offense. This type of organizational shift is long overdue IMO.

I agree with wait and see, but all signs and history point to this being a very positive move going forward.

Dude you just became my new best friend  :D

Clearly...you don't have many.

Just sayin...

Maybe he will loosen up a little here with having Joe to work with.  I think he beats Hostler, hands down.....and will maybe try to reinvent himself here...to look appealing for a HC role.  This is one I am going to try to be optimistic about....although I understand your reservations OCF.  What I like is he seems to be a builder...and may develop the infrastructure to support whatever offensive style we end up with.  Also, I am hoping from what I have read, he believes in player development and using his talent.  If that is true, it will also help this offense that has been starved from a standpoint of player development, quite a bit.  Plus, I think he has the moxie to be a strong presence and not get run over by John.  I might not 'love' his offensive style the most....but let's see if he can make something out of this bunch.  They all need to get their confidence back, and their aggressiveness.  Now........on the defensive side of things....how long is Pees going to stay around do you think??????  we really need the toughness and swarming style there again.  we are far too mechanical...robotic, and styled to 'prevent' rather than crush.  we all see how well 'prevent' works when you face a really good QB.   And can we learn to TACKLE?

Here's the Texans' fans take on Kubiak:

1. Run-run-pass predictability

2. He is stubborn

3. He wants his QBs to do what he tells them to do and not think for themselves or audible at the LOS

Seen that movie before?

Kubiak as OC....who could have predicted this hire?? Oh that's right I did.....

and who would have guessed OCF would be his normal negative self

Edited by can you hear me now!

Kubiak as OC....who could have predicted this hire?? Oh that's right I did.....

and who would have guessed OCF would be his normal negative self

LOL @ negative. It's a shame you can't think critically without resorting to such weak oversimplifications.

And you guessed Kubiak? Wow. Good for you! (Although...I checked your "posts" and I sure don't see anywhere where you posted about Kubiak. Got a link?)

I'm surprised that Harbaugh went with someone with extensive head coaching experience. You would think Harbaugh might now be looking over his shoulder especially if the team continues it's struggles into next season. How many times have you seen an Offensive Coordinator with head coaching experience ascend up to Head Coach when the regular Head Coach gets let go.

B)

I'm surprised that Harbaugh went with someone with extensive head coaching experience. You would think Harbaugh might now be looking over his shoulder especially if the team continues it's struggles into next season. How many times have you seen an Offensive Coordinator with head coaching experience ascend up to Head Coach when the regular Head Coach gets let go.

B)

A lot. And that's exactly why it appears as if this wasn't a John Harbaugh hire. (That, and the way this whole thing evolved. But Kubiak is the guy now, and it's going to be an interesting 2014.)

Maybe the best thing to come out of this is Dennison as QB coach. Dennison knows O-lines and offenses, that's for sure. So if he can get Joe in some sort of rhythm during the game, that'd be a big help.

One question will definitely be:

Is Kubiak going to remain on the sideline, or head up into the booth? The difference is that if he stays on the sideline he can call the plays directly into Joe, and that will speed things up. By Caldwell being up in the booth, he was couldn't call the plays in directly, and that added another step, and more time wasted.

I think that people need to take more time to look at some of the articles and stats that are out there about Kubiak. They are very impressive. His offenses have been among the best throughout his career. While in Denver his teams led the NFL in total yards and TD's during that stretch. Even if he is run, run, pass if that formula is run with creativity it can be successful. We have never had a coordinator with his resume and I'm excited about it.

I would hope in his first year that he would be on the sidelines. That would be my preference and in the best interest of Joe and the offense as a whole IMO.

I think that people need to take more time to look at some of the articles and stats that are out there about Kubiak. They are very impressive. His offenses have been among the best throughout his career. While in Denver his teams led the NFL in total yards and TD's during that stretch. Even if he is run, run, pass if that formula is run with creativity it can be successful. We have never had a coordinator with his resume and I'm excited about it.

And look at the supporting casts! That's what always trips people up. Billick was great in Minny. BECAUSE of the supporting cast. I'll listen to what fans who watched this guy for years in Houston have to say. And they are saying the EXACT same things that Ravens fans have been saying about Cameron -- that he's stubborn, and that he does NOT let his QB call audibles. And that's death by stagnation for a 21st century NFL QB with 6 years of experience. And that's WITH Foster, Tate, and Johnson!!!!!!! AND he was not a big fan of letting his QB go vertical. Supposedly the problems with the Texans were with their D. But maybe it was the fact that their O left points on the field.

And along with what to do with Hostler, the other question is what to do with Castillo? Supposedly both Kubiak AND Dennison are VERY familiar with ZBS. That was a big part of WHY Denver was so successful with their running game. So where does Castillo fit into the mix?

Obviously there are more questions at this point than answers. I'm simply not going to jump on the bandwagon and hail Kubiak as some sort of savior given the very consistent fan reports coming out of Houston. They're just too eerily similar to exactly what crippled this offense under Cameron AND Caldwell.

I would hope in his first year that he would be on the sidelines. That would be my preference and in the best interest of Joe and the offense as a whole IMO.

That would make the most sense.

Oh come on man, what fun is that? All the knowledgeable fans much prefer tob itch about everything even with the season eight months away. Let me be the first to declare Kubiak and everything he is, does, or will do to be a complete total bust right now. There. Now if everything isn't just exactly perfect I get to hold myself up as being a real football expert.

Oh come on man, what fun is that? All the knowledgeable fans much prefer tob itch about everything even with the season eight months away. Let me be the first to declare Kubiak and everything he is, does, or will do to be a complete total bust right now. There. Now if everything isn't just exactly perfect I get to hold myself up as being a real football expert.

1. Stats rarely tell the true story about a coach.

2. Exaggerate much do you?

Your act has gotten old. You want to jump for joy at the new savior and declare how great everything is now? Be my guest. All you do is reveal how weak your ability is to process and analyze the relevant information. Fans have been watching this guy for SEVEN YEARS with the Texans. And their accounts are not very different than what Ravens fans have experienced here. And you think that doesn't count? You're a joke.