#61 gonzoliberal

gonzoliberal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,656 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, Maryland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

The same shoe fits two feet, Rysyrchyr.

...but irony is completely f'n LOST on "the right".

#62 Sprightly

Sprightly

Relaxing in Bimini

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,829 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:35 AM

"Like the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, insist on your ability to differentiate between an artist and their art. As a spokesperson for the organization said, “The Academy honors achievement in film, not the personal lives of filmmakers and artists.” Tell yourself that many great artists have been problematic – for example, Picasso was an abusive womanizer, but you can still enjoy his paintings – and that a person’s behaviour should not influence whether or not we view their art as great. Perhaps you could even take this a step further and insist to yourself that a perpetrator of such violence could never make such wonderful art. Let the rapist’s popularly beloved films stand as a sort of character witness, proving that there is no way he could ever have harmed his own child."

Perfect.
To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#63 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

So far, the lyberals are excelling at this:

How To Undermine A Rape Victim 101

http://bellejar.ca/2...ape-victim-101/

"Preface the victim’s open letter about the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of her father with a statement saying that he deserves the presumption of innocence. Always approach situations like this with the thought that the victim might be lying; remind yourself and others that the burden of proof is on her.

Insist on referring to the victim as the rapist’s “adopted daughter,” as if that mitigates what he has done. Using subtle language cues like this, imply that though it might be rape, it’s not really incest because the the rapist is not the victim’s biological father. Pretend that adoptive parents somehow feel differently about their children than biological parents do."

Then again, what with Ted Kennedy & Bill Clinton, lyberals have TONS of experience belittling women who get abused by lyberal males. It's all part of the Democrats' War On Women.

So, you believe that if someone gets accused of some heinous crime we should all just assume that they did the heinous crime?

#64 gonzoliberal

gonzoliberal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,656 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, Maryland

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

So, you believe that if someone gets accused of some heinous crime we should all just assume that they did the heinous crime?

Only if they're lyberyls.

#65 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,633 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Dylan's brother comes out on the side of Allen:

"Of course Woody did not 
molest my sister," says Moses, who is estranged from Farrow and many of his siblings and is close to Allen and Soon-Yi. "She loved him and looked forward to seeing him when he would visit. She never hid from him until our mother succeeded in creating the atmosphere of fear and hate towards him. The day in question, there were six or seven of us in the house. We were all in public rooms and no one, not my father or sister, was off in any private spaces. My mother was conveniently out shopping. I don’t know if my sister really believes she was molested or is trying to please her mother. Pleasing my mother was very powerful motivation because to be on her wrong side was horrible."

http://www.slate.com...urse_woody.html

"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#66 octoburn

octoburn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,356 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

Wow. So Woody Allen is both ~ Moses' father and Moses' brother~in~law?

What a sad mess. :(

#67 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,633 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Use a baby wipe and get over it. 

#68 zenwalk

zenwalk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,633 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

http://www.slate.com...lan_farrow.html

#69 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,211 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

"But in a controversial move, state's attorney Frank S. Maco announced in 1993 that while he found "probable cause" to prosecute Allen, he was dropping the case because Dylan was too "fragile" to deal with a trial. Mia agreed with the decision, he said."

So, case closed, then, right ?

If the parties involved back then decided to drop it, why on earth are they bringing it up yet again ?

I'll tell you why - because Mia Farrow is bat-shiit crazy.

#70 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,211 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

Want to join hst2 in accusing Dylan of lying?

I will join in on the insanity and revenge factor of Mia Farrow.

She reaped what she sowed...

#71 Sprightly

Sprightly

Relaxing in Bimini

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,829 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

So, case closed, then, right ?

If the parties involved back then decided to drop it, why on earth are they bringing it up yet again ?

I'll tell you why - because Mia Farrow is bat-shiit crazy.

The little girl wasn't given a choice. She has a choice now.

#72 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,211 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

The little girl wasn't given a choice. She has a choice now.

Or - her overbearing jilted mother drummed something into her 7 year old head.

I'm curious as to why you so easily jump onto that bandwagon.  What's up there ?

#73 octoburn

octoburn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,356 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

One of these is not like the others.

http://img2.timeinc....llen-01-600.jpg

#74 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,211 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

One of these is not like the others.

http://img2.timeinc....llen-01-600.jpg

The old infertile bag on the right ?

#75 TheResearcher

TheResearcher

Debonair, Handsome, Intelligent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:15 AM

http://www.nytimes.c...s-out.html?_r=0

"I naïvely thought the accusation would be dismissed out of hand because of course, I hadn’t molested Dylan and any rational person would see the ploy for what it was. Common sense would prevail. After all, I was a 56-year-old man who had never before (or after) been accused of child molestation. I had been going out with Mia for 12 years and never in that time did she ever suggest to me anything resembling misconduct. Now, suddenly, when I had driven up to her house in Connecticut one afternoon to visit the kids for a few hours, when I would be on my raging adversary’s home turf, with half a dozen people present, when I was in the blissful early stages of a happy new relationship with the woman I’d go on to marry — that I would pick this moment in time to embark on a career as a child molester should seem to the most skeptical mind highly unlikely. The sheer illogic of such a crazy scenario seemed to me dispositive.

Notwithstanding, Mia insisted that I had abused Dylan and took her immediately to a doctor to be examined. Dylan told the doctor she had not been molested. Mia then took Dylan out for ice cream, and when she came back with her the child had changed her story. The police began their investigation; a possible indictment hung in the balance. I very willingly took a lie-detector test and of course passed because I had nothing to hide. I asked Mia to take one and she wouldn’t. Last week a woman named Stacey Nelkin, whom I had dated many years ago, came forward to the press to tell them that when Mia and I first had our custody battle 21 years ago, Mia had wanted her to testify that she had been underage when I was dating her, despite the fact this was untrue. Stacey refused. I include this anecdote so we all know what kind of character we are dealing with here. One can imagine in learning this why she wouldn’t take a lie-detector test."

#76 octoburn

octoburn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,356 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

10 Undeniable Facts About the Woody Allen Sexual-Abuse Allegation

http://www.vanityfai...-abuse-10-facts

It's hard to choose which ones might be the most damning, but 2, 3 and 4 ~ if true ~ speak volumes even without the other seven.

2. Allen had been in therapy for alleged inappropriate behavior toward Dylan with a child psychologist before the abuse allegation was presented to the authorities or made public. Mia Farrow had instructed her babysitters that Allen was never to be left alone with Dylan.

3. Allen refused to take a polygraph administered by the Connecticut state police. Instead, he took one from someone hired by his legal team. The Connecticut state police refused to accept the test as evidence. The state attorney, Frank Maco, says that Mia was never asked to take a lie-detector test during the investigation.

4. Allen subsequently lost four exhaustive court battles—a lawsuit, a disciplinary charge against the prosecutor, and two appeals—and was made to pay more than $1 million in Mia’s legal fees. Judge Elliott Wilk, the presiding judge in Allen’s custody suit against Farrow, concluded that there is “no credible evidence to support Mr. Allen’s contention that Ms. Farrow coached Dylan or that Ms. Farrow acted upon a desire for revenge against him for seducing Soon-Yi.”

#77 Sprightly

Sprightly

Relaxing in Bimini

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,829 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

10 Undeniable Facts About the Woody Allen Sexual-Abuse Allegation

http://www.vanityfai...-abuse-10-facts

It's hard to choose which ones might be the most damning, but 2, 3 and 4 ~ if true ~ speak volumes even without the other seven.

Can't be. We all know that child molesters always tell the truth and it's the child and/or "bitter" mother who lie.

#78 TheResearcher

TheResearcher

Debonair, Handsome, Intelligent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

The same shoe fits two feet, Rysyrchyr.

...but irony is completely f'n LOST on "the right".

Only moronic irony...I mean yrony.

#79 kudzu

kudzu

Significant Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,211 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Can't be. We all know that child molesters always tell the truth and it's the child and/or "bitter" mother who lie.

And every "victim" is a paragon of virtue... :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users