Navypost

The New ACC rival

81 posts in this topic

Syracuse and Duke appears it can be a great rival on the National scene. Duke & Carolina will always have the fans down on tobacco road get up ( atleast on the Durham side). The two schools pretty much own the east coast and most of the country, when it comes to recruiting and reputation.

Another gem tonight. Did you notice the shot Boeheim took at the ACC at his presser. I guess the ACC really won't miss Maryland after all.

What was Blenheim's comment?

What was Blenheim's comment?

Something similar to " We play Maryland next, and they are actually off this weekend, we have to play them Monday, I guess that's how they do it down here, We ( assuming the old Big East) never did anything like that before, I guess I'm not supposed to mention the other league now’”. Basically the "tobacco home cooking" that has been present since the inception of the ACC.

Something similar to " We play Maryland next, and they are actually off this weekend, we have to play them Monday, I guess that's how they do it down here, We ( assuming the old Big East) never did anything like that before, I guess I'm not supposed to mention the other league now’”. Basically the "tobacco home cooking" that has been present since the inception of the ACC. [/size]

That's funny. He hasn't mellowed in all these years.

Boehiem was mostly pissed that they were playing that early Big Monday game against the Terps with only one day of rest after playing Duke.  The Terps last played on the 18th against WF...meanwhile Cuse played two games in that week the Terps had off.  But it's all good....Duke lost again last night!

I guess the ACC really won't miss Maryland after all.

You got that right.

Money-grubbing whore institution that can't even stay afloat without turning coat to a conference with a bigger tv contract...

You got that right.

Money-grubbing whore institution that can't even stay afloat without turning coat to a conference with a bigger tv contract...

Which is closer to the Atlantic Coast, Pitt, Louisville or Syracuse?

Which is closer to the Atlantic Coast, Pitt, Louisville or Syracuse?

You forgot to add ND to your argument.  It would have helped.

I don't like any of those new additions, for what its worth.

But I HATE Maryland's defection far worse.

Can't balance an athletic budget ?  Oh, I know, go to the P1G Ten !

:rolleyes:

You forgot to add ND to your argument. It would have helped.

I don't like any of those new additions, for what its worth.

But I HATE Maryland's defection far worse.

Can't balance an athletic budget ? Oh, I know, go to the P1G Ten !

:rolleyes:

Just to clarify - ND is not a full member. They will never join the ACC in the only sport that matters: football. Why is that? Hint: $$$$$$

To quote you- "money whores". Everybody is.

You're just pissed that the Wahoos (what the Hell is that, anyway??) didn't get an invite to the Big Ten, and Maryland did. Penis / money envy?

Reality: IF the SEC ever decides to extend offers to any of the following ACC teams, the ACC EMPLOSION will continue: GT, Clemson, FSU, Miami or VT.

Edited by slapshot

When did 14 = 10?

BIG TEN: When did 10 = 9? When the University of Chicago dropped athletics.

BIG TEN: When did 9= 10? When MSU was added.

BIG TEN: When did 10 = 11? When PSU were added.

Always the Big Ten. It's called tradition. I would not exect a Townson grad (or whatever your allegiance is) to understand.

The Big Ten is one of the oldest conference in existence, today, dating back more than 120 years. The ACC was formed in 1955, and currently has the following Big East/Metro teams: Syracuse, Pitt, Miami, FSU, Boston College, ND, GT and VT, or more than half it's members are defectors from the BE.

So, when did the ACC = Big East, light?

Edited by slapshot

Just to clarify - ND is not a full member. They will never join the ACC in the only sport that matters: football. Why is that? Hint: $$$$$$

To quote you- "money whores". Everybody is.

You're just pissed that the Wahoos (what the Hell is that, anyway??) didn't get an invite to the Big Ten, and Maryland did. Penis / money envy?

Reality: IF the SEC ever decides to extend offers to any of the following ACC teams, the ACC EMPLOSION will continue: GT, Clemson, FSU, Miami or VT.

Just to clarify - if UVA ever goes money-whoring conference shopping, then I'll drop them as quickly as I dropped that money whoring UMD.

Here's a middle finger pointing at your P1G conference.  Right here.

Just to clarify - if UVA ever goes money-whoring conference shopping, then I'll drop them as quickly as I dropped that money whoring UMD.

Here's a middle finger pointing at your P1G conference.  Right here.

I gotta admit, you provide good comic relief.

Edited by slapshot

When you wish you were as good as the ACC so you ignore basic math.

Maryland has too much going for it to wallow in the Mayberry conference...that's why the big time B1G 10 wanted them and they left.

Edited by Brohan

Here's a middle finger pointing at your P1G conference. Right here.

UVA won't be going anywhere because none of the big time conferences want them. They bring nothing to the table... Edited by Brohan

UVA won't be going anywhere because none of the big time conferences want them. They bring nothing to the table...

Here's the point that you seem to miss, Brohan:

UVA Doesn't Care.

They are the finest public university in the country.

Athletic success is like a bonus for them.

Here's the point that you seem to miss, Brohan:

UVA Doesn't Care. They are the finest public university in the .

How do you know they don't care? That's like someone saying they don't care that they weren't offered a better job, with a better company....for more money. Baloney. If you never get the call, of course you don't care. Convenient excuse.

Not the finest public university. One of the finest. My alma would be the "finest". But, it all depends on metrics used to define "finest".

Edited by slapshot

How do you know they don't care?

Because I'm a Virginian, slappy.  Trust me on this one, I Know.

We aren't some P1G whore who goes wherever the money is.

We don't  have an inferiority complex.

We don't sell out.  Ever.

What's your pathetic alma mater, btw ?  You've never admitted it.

Edited by kudzu

Because I'm a Virginian, slappy. Trust me on this one, I Know.

Oh, OK. You don't even live in Va.

We aren't some P1G whore who goes wherever the money is.

That's the fundamental question. One doesn't know, if one isn't asked to join the party.

We don't have an inferiority complex.

Unless you are #1, which you are not, everybody has an inferiority compex. People from Yale wish they had gotten into Harvard.

We don't sell out.

Wanna bet.

What's your pathetic alma mater, btw ? You've never admitted it.

Just look up #1 pub. Edited by slapshot