• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 codefool

codefool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

I don't know if it's me and just bias and not having the Ravens playing.  But is it me or did this seem like the dullest post season I can remember?  To me the divisional round games were all meh and they didn't seem that competitive, then I thought the championship games would be good and Den - NE kindof sucked, and SF-SEA wasn't that intresting to me.  And now you end it with the super bore last night.  I know it happens sometimes but I don't know if it's just me who thinks this post season was dull.

#2 Struds

Struds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

I don't know if it's me and just bias and not having the Ravens playing.  But is it me or did this seem like the dullest post season I can remember?  To me the divisional round games were all meh and they didn't seem that competitive, then I thought the championship games would be good and Den - NE kindof sucked, and SF-SEA wasn't that intresting to me.  And now you end it with the super bore last night.  I know it happens sometimes but I don't know if it's just me who thinks this post season was dull.

To an extent I agree, but it's mostly because the Ravens were not in it. Thus our interest was down.  Except for the Super Bowl itself, most of the games were actually pretty good.

#3 Easton Raven

Easton Raven

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Weirdest post season in a while....6 years since a no Ravens playoffs.  I don't think we'll have to get used to it though.

#4 JasonM

JasonM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

Maybe not the dullest of all time, but it wasn't very memorable.  
The SF-Seattle game was pretty good, decided in the last 30 seconds.  SF-GB came down to a late field goal.  And the KC-Indy game was very entertaining, if not exactly great or dramatic.  But none of those will be remembered as a "classic" playoff game.  I think last year's Ravens-Broncos game will be remembered as one of the greatest games of all time (and I'm not just saying that because my team won).  We saw nothing like that this postseason.  Even last year's SF-Atlanta game was pretty good, 49ers trailed by 17 at one point before taking the lead.  

But there wasn't any major upset, which made this postseason less interesting.  This is one of the few times in the last 2 decades that the Super Bowl has consisted of the teams with the best records in their respective conferences.  Whereas in recent years, the champion has come out of the Wild Card round.    

I think the "signature moment" of this postseason was something that didn't even happen during a game:
The Sherman interview.  

#5 Fang

Fang

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

The two number 1 teams made it and the Super Bowl was a blowout. There was no cinderella or surprise team this year. It all happened according to plan. Very dull. We should all thank Richard Sherman for breathing some life into it.

Edited by Fang, 04 February 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#6 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,710 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

I must have watched a different post season than you slack jaws. NFC Champsionship was awesome. Colts had an insane comeback vs. KC. Chargers made a nice run... another Manning Brady game....Saints vs. Seahawks was compelling..niners panthers was good. .Pitt and Raljohn weren't involved.

Edited by Brohan, 04 February 2014 - 09:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users