#1 joe cool

joe cool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Hello peeps, did you guys miss me?? LOL

I know you guys have been wondering where I've been, and some may have even thought you got rid of me for good, sorry no such luck.

I've been on hiatus for a while due to a bet I made with one of the locals on here sometime after the All Star break last season which although I didn’t technically lose I didn’t win either.

The bet, made by PM to me so not sure if the person didn’t want to be known probably in case he lost, was that the Orioles would finish ahead of the Yankees in the standings last season. If they did then I would not post on here for the entire off season and if the Yanks finished ahead he would not post for the entire off season.

As you all know they ended tied, which is why I said I don’t think I technically lost, but since I didn’t technically win either I decided to keep my part of the deal and not post for the last 6 or so months, plus I guess I needed to get away from here for a while as it was becoming boring to me and you guys needed a break from me.

Since spring training is almost upon us I guess I can now start posting again, I hope I didn’t jump the gun and start too early.

I think this is going to be an interesting season coming up and I think I’ll enjoy posting on here again, although this still being a pay site I will only post on the freebies as I still refuse to pay for this site which should make most of you happy. Anyway good to be back, I look forward to some great and interesting conversation and everyone’s ridiculous predictions!!

GO YANKS:cool:

It is great to be back home!!!

Go Yankees, Go Giants, Go NY Where Champions Are Born!!!;)

#2 kudzu

kudzu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32,992 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

I know you guys have been wondering where I've been

Not really.  I merely hoped that the NYC sewage system finally started working and you got properly flushed. :)

#3 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,600 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

I had breakfast for lunch today because all the schools were delayed for ice. It was awesome.
The kids are alright.

#4 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,281 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

maybe you guys can help me. isn't opening day March 30th in Sydney? if that's true, isn't any day before March 30th the "off season"? and isn't Feb. 6th before March 30th? doesn't this mean there's a bet that's not being honored?

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#5 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,321 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:31 AM

Translation: "The Yankees were no better or worse than the Orioles so trolling didn't work so well.  With the Orioles making no real attempts to improve, I'll start posting again unless the Orioles continue winning games.  Then I'll disappear with another excuse."

#6 SNAFU

SNAFU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

I had breakfast for lunch today because all the schools were delayed for ice. It was awesome.

They need to fill them ice machines up more often at school!

I don't have an 'ignore' list. I don't need no stinkin' list to remind me who I've ignored! I ignore the old-fashioned way.

#7 joe cool

joe cool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

maybe you guys can help me. isn't opening day March 30th in Sydney? if that's true, isn't any day before March 30th the "off season"? and isn't Feb. 6th before March 30th? doesn't this mean there's a bet that's not being honored?

You my friend are absolutely right, I guess with all the spring training and baseball talk I got a little excited and carried away, I will go away until March 30th since you have rightly pointed this out for me, my apologies, you guys get another month and a half break, see you all in March!!   ;)  ;)

Edited by joe cool, 07 February 2014 - 12:51 PM.

GO YANKS:cool:

It is great to be back home!!!

Go Yankees, Go Giants, Go NY Where Champions Are Born!!!;)

#8 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,913 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

Wow

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#9 JoyinMudville

JoyinMudville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,186 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

What's that sound?

Oh, it's soulful sound of Roy Orbison singing...

"Only the Lonely"

#10 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,281 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

What's that sound?

Oh, it's soulful sound of Roy Orbison singing...

"Only the Lonely"

good stuff :D

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users