Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

Looks like something is coming out.

Check it out.

http://www.baltimore...0,2010864.story

Edited by Outside Looking In, 10 February 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#2 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Yeah - that's it - my guess is that at least at least one parent wasnt happen with the way the investigation and aftermath were handled.

#3 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

Yeah - that's it - my guess is that at least at least one parent wasnt happen with the way the investigation and aftermath were handled.

what are you saying?

#4 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Sorry - i was referring to the initial investigation and handling following the november incident - not the current investigation.

#5 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

Sorry - i was referring to the initial investigation and handling following the november incident - not the current investigation.

This is def not good for the school. If hazing is uncovered I can see UA pulling out of their deal with the school.

#6 First_Down

First_Down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Come on OLI.....  Hazing isn't acceptible nowadays but I thought you were talking about something that was a stomp down scandal.  Hell, the catholic boys of DeMatha did things far more scandulous than this.   I've heard of a football coach having sex in the school with a female student.  I heard of football players having sex in the boys' rest room with a female student.  I've heard of students using a key logger to steal teachers' password and they changed the grades of many students. Hazing is bad but on the surface this looks like the matter was dealt with BUT someone and some others just weren't satisfied with whatever was gone.

We need much more meat to sink teeth into this.  On the scandal scale, this one is a dud!

Edited by First_Down, 11 February 2014 - 06:03 AM.

#7 meth007

meth007

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Exactly!
DUNBAR
Ch: 1994, 1995, 2004, 2006, 2007,2008
Fn: 1997
Sf: 1993, 1996, 2003, 2005
Qf: 1999, 2002

"it is better to be repected than to be liked"

www.bestcreditrestored.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

Come on OLI.....  Hazing isn't acceptible nowadays but I thought you talking about something that was a stump down scandal.  Hell, the catholic boys of Dematha did things far more scandulous than this.   I've heard of a football coach having sex in the school with a female student.  I heard of football players having sex in the boys' rest room with a female student.  I've heard of students using a key logger to steal teachers' password and they changed the grades of many students. HAzing is bad but on the surface this looks like the matter was dealt with BUT someone and some others just weren't satisfied with whatever was gone.

We need much more meat to sink teeth into this.  On the scandal scale, this one is a dud!

Seems that you are justifying hazing as boys will be boys. No one shohld be hazed. Obviously someone did jot like how itwas handled. And how do you even know what happened? It said nothing about it in the article. So how do you know how this stacks up against other examples. If it wasnt a big deal then it should have been laid to rest. Obviously the family of the person being hazed was not happy.

#9 First_Down

First_Down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:00 AM

Seems that you are justifying hazing as boys will be boys. No one shohld be hazed. Obviously someone did jot like how itwas handled. And how do you even know what happened? It said nothing about it in the article. So how do you know how this stacks up against other examples. If it wasnt a big deal then it should have been laid to rest. Obviously the family of the person being hazed was not happy.

Your ",,,seems...:" is wrong.  I said "..hazing isn't acceptible nowadays..."  and I stated it that way because back in the day, hazing was the thing to do and expected in many formal and informal organizations.  Many a back in the day frat knows this and tell me that YOU didn't do your frat thing back in the day!  And yes, people where hurt and some seriously back in the day when it was "acceptible AND expected.  But that is not the case today.  And not only is hazing not done or acceptible today but you are also wrong in thought of me having a good old boys or boys will be boys disposition not knowing a darn thing about me like you know very little about the Dunbar matter short of some reporter's rendition.  I recall the entire Towson University cheerleader squad shut down for a year due to hazing.  I know it isn't just a boys will be boys matter but you seem to have a quick broad brush to paint certain pictures with very little to no information.

But let's keep things in proper perspective OLI.  In the instant Dunbar matter, if the matter was dealt with properly by the those in authority then case closed and move on.  I think it would be over board to just dismiss the coach and school principal and the president of the school board, and the school superintendent and the mayor and on and on over the hazing matter if that is not warranteed.  Handle the matter in the proper scope.  Now if the coach was directly involved in the hazing matter; that is, he encouraged it, had knowledge it was going on and failed to act to stop the activity or other means that would patently show he failed to exercise proper or due dilligence, then he should be held liable but again in proper perspective and NOT necessarily "...Off With The Head..." over any and everything.  Proper punishment in perspective with actions or inactions in the case in question. But if that was not the case, then there is no case against the coach as it wouldn't be for the others I named in the chain of authority for argument who didn't know.

You question how I know so much from the article YOU posted to render my position and I would say the same for you from what we know just from the article.  The article stated the matter happenned some time ago and was dealt with.  Okay, some apparently didn't like what was done and that can happen in any dispute and resolution.  But you leap to some greatly excited ..."UH OH"....here is the smoking gun you were talking about all the time when it looks more like matters that happen in so many schools weekly.  Cops are not in schools just to defend the students from rogue outsiders.  They probably spend much more of their time defending kids from other kids and kids from the teachers and administrators and staff.  Yes OLI, your little darlings who wouldn't be involved in hazing if it weren't for that damn football coach who had nothing better to do now that the season is over!

Come on Man!!!  Absent more substantive discovery, this just seems like a big to do about nothing.  It certainly doesn't rise to the level for the complete collapse of east side prep like painted but rather a spot on the gold of the football team that was dealt with.  But it looks like the case has been appealed to a higher Court of Public Appeal by those not satisfied with the rulings or resolution of the lower school adminstration court.  So it looks like we must, as meth would say, Stay Tuned!!!  But having seen many a parent - school dispute, what I expect to now hear is all the gossip and dirty talk that goes around in such matters.  It's like a divorce when all sorts of irrelavent trashy talk is thrown out to better one's posture.  And it's typically the parents to do so while the school defends or go no comment on pending matters.  Could that be the UA selling gossip?  Wait for the favoritism allegations or who got the better unearned parking space or who got time off without being on leave.  Or wait for who was seen hugging or holding hands in one of the back hallways of the school.  All sorts of irrelavent gossip is going to be spouted on public appeal.  That's the nature of the beast.

Stay Tuned...  I expect to hear all sorts of crazed talk.  But those who haven't been there and seen that will get all excited and UH OHish!!!  :D

Edited by First_Down, 11 February 2014 - 06:24 AM.

#10 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Your ",,,seems...:" is wrong.  I said "..hazing isn't acceptible nowadays..."  and I stated it that way because back in the day, hazing was the thing to do and expected in many formal and informal organizations.  Many a back in the day frat knows this and tell me that YOU didn't do your frat thing back in the day!  And yes, people where hurt and some seriously back in the day when it was "acceptible AND expected.  But that is not the case today.  And not only is hazing not done or acceptible today but you are also wrong in thought of me having a good old boys or boys will be boys disposition not knowing a darn thing about me like you know very little about the Dunbar matter short of some reporter's rendition.  I recall the entire Towson University cheerleader squad shut down for a year due to hazing.  I know it isn't just a boys will be boys matter but you seem to have a quick broad brush to paint certain pictures with very little to no information.

But let's keep things in proper perspective OLI.  In the instant Dunbar matter, if the matter was dealt with properly by the those in authority then case closed and move on.  I think it would be over board to just dismiss the coach and school principal and the president of the school board, and the school superintendent and the mayor and on and on over the hazing matter if that is not warranteed.  Handle the matter in the proper scope.  Now if the coach was directly involved in the hazing matter; that is, he encouraged it, had knowledge it was going on and failed to act to stop the activity or other means that would patently show he failed to exercise proper or due dilligence, then he should be held liable but again in proper perspective and NOT necessarily "...Off With The Head..." over any and everything.  Proper punishment in perspective with actions or inactions in the case in question. But if that was not the case, then there is no case against the coach as it wouldn't be for the others I named in the chain of authority for argument who didn't know.

You question how I know so much from the article YOU posted to render my position and I would say the same for you from what we know just from the article.  The article stated the matter happenned some time ago and was dealt with.  Okay, some apparently didn't like what was done and that can happen in any dispute and resolution.  But you leap to some greatly excited ..."UH OH"....here is the smoking gun you were talking about all the time when it looks more like matters that happen in so many schools weekly.  Cops are not in schools just to defend the students from rogue outsiders.  They probably spend much more of their time defending kids from other kids and kids from the teachers and administrators and staff.  Yes OLI, your little darlings who wouldn't be involved in hazing if it weren't for that damn football coach who had nothing better to do now that the season is over!

Come on Man!!!  Absent more substantive discovery, this just seems like a big to do about nothing.  It certainly doesn't rise to the level for the complete collapse of east side prep like painted but rather a spot on the gold of the football team that was dealt with.  But it looks like the case has been appealed to a higher Court of Public Appeal by those not satisfied with the rulings or resolution of the lower school adminstration court.  So it looks like we must, as meth would say, Stay Tuned!!!  But having seen many a parent - school dispute, what I expect to now hear is all the gossip and dirty talk that goes around in such matters.  It's like a divorce when all sorts of irrelavent trashy talk is thrown out to better one's posture.  And it's typically the parents to do so while the school defends or go no comment on pending matters.  Could that be the UA selling gossip?  Wait for the favoritism allegations or who got the better unearned parking space or who got time off without being on leave.  Or wait for who was seen hugging or holding hands in one of the back hallways of the school.  All sorts of irrelavent gossip is going to be spouted on public appeal.  That's the nature of the beast.

Stay Tuned...  I expect to hear all sorts of crazed talk.  But those who haven't been there and seen that will get all excited and UH OHish!!!  :D

Again, if it were laid to rest months ago it would not be on the front page of the paper. Obviously something is wrong, that is all I am saying.

:D

#11 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

I just don’t get this why now?  If it happened in November and the principle and coach handled it then why are they meeting again almost 3 months later with parents to discuss it?  One thing that the paper said is the school addressed bullying along with hazing which is not good.  Kids are kids but in today’s world this stuff is under a microscope which it should be.  I think with some saying horseplay and others saying bullying an hazing is where this is gonna grow legs or not.  Hate to see this happen to any kid just a bad situation for everyone.  I just hope a crime didn’t take place and it wasn’t reported.  It might be looked at that the principle and coach (who’s a police officer) covered it up to protect the football program, not good.  Pray it’s just kids messing around and the administration handled it appropriately and they can learn from it and move on. 

#12 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

I just don’t get this why now?  If it happened in November and the principle and coach handled it then why are they meeting again almost 3 months later with parents to discuss it?  One thing that the paper said is the school addressed bullying along with hazing which is not good.  Kids are kids but in today’s world this stuff is under a microscope which it should be.  I think with some saying horseplay and others saying bullying an hazing is where this is gonna grow legs or not.  Hate to see this happen to any kid just a bad situation for everyone.  I just hope a crime didn’t take place and it wasn’t reported.  It might be looked at that the principle and coach (who’s a police officer) covered it up to protect the football program, not good.  Pray it’s just kids messing around and the administration handled it appropriately and they can learn from it and move on. 

Well said. I agree completely. Even if the coach knew nothing about it but it was performed in an unmonitored locker room then he is ultimately held responsible. Again, we do not know what happend but IMO it does not look good anyway you slice it, especially since he already lost his SRO job.

#13 Jeebus

Jeebus

Molon Labe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,514 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

I just hope a crime didn’t take place and it wasn’t reported.  It might be looked at that the principle and coach (who’s a police officer) covered it up to protect the football program, not good.  

If so, a one-year suspension of the program would be warranted.

#14 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

Based only on the rumors I've heard, the problem wasn't so much the hazing incident in question (which I've heard was pretty bad) but the response, which is why the matter is heating up now.

#15 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Based only on the rumors I've heard, the problem wasn't so much the hazing incident in question (which I've heard was pretty bad) but the response, which is why the matter is heating up now.

Same that I have heard

#16 sw1

sw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

I can never understand how grown men that suppose to had played sports come on a message board and show their true colors. Let me say this. I have had (2) sons play for Coach Smith and I guarantee this entire situation was handled. My nephew is currently on the JV and he told me what happen. The Varsity players horse play and kid napped the JV every year. One kid got upset, but when his parent called Coach Smith all hell broke loose from him on the program. I was told they had to take a class for this incident, and he suspended the individuals. The parents of the players loved the way he handled it and it was considered closed. Someone like yourself doesnt like Coach Smith, or the program informs North Ave and they want to say it was covered up. So much Bull Crap!!!! Coach Smith would give his life for any player he has coached. Coach Smith suspends players in a heartbeat. This is a perfect example of Baltimore City!! Where is parent that is upset? Where is the victim? Dont you think if this was that serious a parent would be on the news , and the child would be. I just wish people stop listening to rumors and wait for the truth. Look back at the posts concerning this. Recruting, stealing, changing grades!! Idiots!!! My nephew said coaches been calling the players at Dunabr saying he was fired, and the season was suspended to get kids to transfer. Anything to destroy one of the state best programs such a shame!

#17 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

Um, no - neither the victim nor his family should not be on the news, and the fact that they haven't come forward publically has no bearing on the severity of the incident.  The victim's privacy should be protected.

#18 sw1

sw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

severity of the incident? Again you hearing rumors. Not as serious as the rumors you believe. Goos job tearing down a great program

#19 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

I can never understand how grown men that suppose to had played sports come on a message board and show their true colors. Let me say this. I have had (2) sons play for Coach Smith and I guarantee this entire situation was handled. My nephew is currently on the JV and he told me what happen. The Varsity players horse play and kid napped the JV every year. One kid got upset, but when his parent called Coach Smith all hell broke loose from him on the program. I was told they had to take a class for this incident, and he suspended the individuals. The parents of the players loved the way he handled it and it was considered closed. Someone like yourself doesnt like Coach Smith, or the program informs North Ave and they want to say it was covered up. So much Bull Crap!!!! Coach Smith would give his life for any player he has coached. Coach Smith suspends players in a heartbeat. This is a perfect example of Baltimore City!! Where is parent that is upset? Where is the victim? Dont you think if this was that serious a parent would be on the news , and the child would be. I just wish people stop listening to rumors and wait for the truth. Look back at the posts concerning this. Recruting, stealing, changing grades!! Idiots!!! My nephew said coaches been calling the players at Dunabr saying he was fired, and the season was suspended to get kids to transfer. Anything to destroy one of the state best programs such a shame!

Then what is the problem? Obviously there is one becasue of what is going on. I am not defaming Coach Smith at all and I have seen no one that has as of yet. If there was no problem and it was settled then why didnt this investigation turn that up on the first day they were investigating. AN investigation should not take this long if it was settled. Again, what vendetta would be gained?

#20 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

severity of the incident? Again you hearing rumors. Not as serious as the rumors you believe. Goos job tearing down a great program

If it is not serious then whats the problem? You are in the know supposedly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users