When the O's didn't land Bronson Arroyo it was no shocker. In fact it was only worth a yawn. The debate on whether he was worth signing is another topic. My point is that this off-season has been all about keeping the payroll below 90 million, but at the same time leaking dis-information to the media to make it look like the O's are actually trying to upgrade the team. It's all about keeping the fans suckered in while pocketing the extra cash. I'm sure I'm missing a few, but here are my O's off-season "that was crap" moments:
1) O's interested in bringing back Feldman, McClouth and Roberts - Crap. No offers even made!
2) O's planning on keeping Jim Johnson for 2014 - Crap. Dumped for salary relief.
3) O's are going to use the Jim Johnson savings to improve club in other areas - Crap. money used to pay arbitration raises.
4) O's to sign another closer - Crap. Bailed on Balfour.
5) O's interested in Rodney - Crap.
6) O's linked to Cruz or Morales for another bat - Crap.
7) O's going hard after Arroyo - Crap.
8) O's going hard after Burnett - Crap.
9) O's going to improve starting pitching - Crap.
10) O's have 17 million to spend yet and payroll to be 100 million - Crap.
I could still be wrong on some of the above, but I doubt it. I think we got what we got for spring training. What a PR spin machine we have. Petey and Dumpster Dan should be proud.