Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

THE UNDER APPRECIATED AND OVER LOOKED.....

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

Because AO holds no weight beyond the appreciation and respect of his fellow board members, this thread is open to all in the most democratic fashion possible. Please continue to post your opinions. Until then, here are mine.

To Coach Wade Jr. of Baltimore City College....

Not one person has said it but I'm not sure we have seen anything like this years version of the Bcc varsity basketball team since Wade Sr and the national champion Dunbar Poets of 1983. The Black fighting Knights are absolutely getting it done. HATS OFF TO COACH WADE JR. FOR A JOB WELL DONE. (Good job coach Petrides for a outstanding hire. Good job Mr. Wade Sr for raising such a outstanding son.)

To Coach Daniels of New Town High...

As the saying goes, a winner is a winner is a winner. Not in my life time have I seen a man win like you do. Wherever you go, you win big, pure and simple. Hats off to you Coach Daniel for a job well done.

To Miss Carla Berrera, the athletic Director of  Poly....

Your job is difficult. You must insure the future of the Poly athletics, starting with the Varsity football team. Considering what Poly has accomplished over the years, your job must be a difficult one. Keep up the outstanding work and good luck to you.

To Coach Townsend Of Douglass High School...

To the best coach in the Baltimore Metro area.....Way to go  Coach...way to build a program from the ground up.You are a true asset to not only Douglass High school but our very great City of Baltimore as well. I am so very proud to have you as a neighbor and may God bless you and your entire family as well. 

To Eaglesinsider...

The contributions you make to this board are beyond what we can calculate. You have taken this board to a new and entirely different level. I do not have the words to say how proud I am of you and the outstanding work you do here. Obviously, you see the importance of online media and the outstanding influence it has on society. Keep up the good work brother.

To 85Knight...

My accomplice...my dear friend...my fellow Bcc alum...to the very end we go .....thanks for being the very voice of reason for this entire board.  Thanks for all you have done.

To Guru...

My dear freind of over 25 years....the only poster who has ever made me jealous because of the hell you have raised...I cannot say anyone on this board has inspired me more or challenged me more than you. Keep up the outstanding work....

Edited by agentorange, 14 February 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#2 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

No kudos to theGuru! How dare you! You don't have to worry about me adding to the "AO is the most interesting man in the world" thread. My creative genius (plagiarism) is on hiatus!

#3 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

I haven't seen City play this year but have seen the kids on the team play for years and saying that they're the best team since 83' Dunbar is crazy talk. They're teams since that would beat this city team by 50. Like the Dunbar teams with Donta, Mike Lloyd, Keith Booth teams. We don't even have to go back that far, we can go back to the last Baltimore City team ranked in the Top 25, Lake's undefeated team of a few years back with Will and Antonio Barton. I'm rooting for City to go undefeated and win it all and hope to get to see them in states(if weather permits, I refused to be on the East Coast with the weather you guys have been getting).

#4 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

I haven't seen City play this year but have seen the kids on the team play for years and saying that they're the best team since 83' Dunbar is crazy talk. They're teams since that would beat this city team by 50. Like the Dunbar teams with Donta, Mike Lloyd, Keith Booth teams. We don't even have to go back that far, we can go back to the last Baltimore City team ranked in the Top 25, Lake's undefeated team of a few years back with Will and Antonio Barton. I'm rooting for City to go undefeated and win it all and hope to get to see them in states(if weather permits, I refused to be on the East Coast with the weather you guys have been getting).

Edited by 85Knight, 13 February 2014 - 08:59 PM.

#5 85Knight

85Knight

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

Leave it to AO to get some stuff stirred up but you aren't the only one who hasn't seen this City team play.

As for reality (or the voice of reason as he puts it), I doubt that this team would get beat by 50 but they aren't as good as the City College teams that won the back to back state championships. Those teams were deeper and Tapper and Latham would give this team fits. This team is very good but I'd say those teams are probably 10 pts. better.

Coach Wade has done a great job with this team and deserves a lot of the credit but keep in mind that this team is still made up of Daniel's kids. Wade has kept the program running at a high level since Daniel left and I think he's grown as a coach in the process but he's got to continue to bring in elite level kids if he wants to even get on Daniel's level. Time will tell.

See AO has got me downing my own team with his usual exagerrations. It's hard to compare teams from different times but this team can carve out it's own place in history if it wins out. They have a chance to crack the top 25 in USA Today as they sit at no. 35 now.

Edited by 85Knight, 13 February 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#6 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

No kudos to theGuru! How dare you! You don't have to worry about me adding to the "AO is the most interesting man in the world" thread. My creative genius (plagiarism) is on hiatus!

I was kinda salty with you because you ignored my pm complaining about the lack of updates in the Roundball thread...I even threatened to cancel my subscription  and have a talk with the sunspot.net higher ups about your lack of updating...then i remembered I never payed for a subcription...you guys are not on salary ....and  85Knight reminded me for the umpteenth time..."you have no freinds at Sunspot.net....you should be reminded of that everytime they dog Bcc in their weekly rankings BIG MOUTH"...but anyway...you drive a hard bargain Guru..(AO procedes die-recta-lee  to the edit button somehow, feeling a strange grip on the ball sack....me and my damn need for pageantry he thought to himself) 

Edited by agentorange, 14 February 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#7 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,005 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Now I feel my creative juices flowing again. Lol!

#8 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

good...Standby

#9 First_Down

First_Down

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

Now I feel my creative juices flowing again. Lol!

Then change your Depends 'cause what you post is mostly just soft crap!

Now I'm only jokin'..........................  I think.   :rolleyes:

#10 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

Then change your Depends 'cause what you post is mostly just soft crap!

Now I'm only jokin'..........................  I think.   :rolleyes:

ok....after i read it the fourth time...it was funny...

Edited by agentorange, 15 February 2014 - 10:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users