#1 SugarRay52

SugarRay52

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

according to Vinny Cerrato. A friend of mine told me
that Cerrato just went off on Joe this morning on 105.7 the
fan for playing with his kids instead of working out with his receivers. I agree that Joe needs to work with his receivers (which he will) but it's the second damn week of February. Cerrato is basing this off of a picture he saw of Joe on facebook, no one knows what Joe's schedule is. Apparently in today's world if ESPN doesn't report that Joe or other QBs are working out with WRs then they are deemed lazy. I agree that it's very important for QBs and WRs to work hard in building a chemistry but that doesn't always lead to success, Mark Sanchez was famous for starting up the Jets West camp and clearly that didn't make him dramatically better. We know about the Manning passing camp, Eli is always right there with Peyton every year but he's had his ups and downs despite winning two Superbowls.

#2 demopublican

demopublican

20,758 posts 1 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,827 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

If Joe starts taking advice for VC we should fire his butt

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#3 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,129 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

And we know how successful VC was with the Deadskins...

#4 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Remember what Vinny's job is - stirring up discussion. If I get excited about something that guy says I know I need to step back, take a deep breath, and watch some Winter Olympics or something. There will be plenty of time for the Flacco haters to crap all over him for actual football stuff soon enough.

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,583 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Of the viable concerns that one could have about Joe, the fact that he's a good father should not be on the list.
The kids are alright.

#6 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

according to Vinny Cerrato. A friend of mine told me
that Cerrato just went off on Joe this morning on 105.7 the
fan for playing with his kids instead of working out with his receivers. I agree that Joe needs to work with his receivers (which he will) but it's the second damn week of February. Cerrato is basing this off of a picture he saw of Joe on facebook, no one knows what Joe's schedule is. Apparently in today's world if ESPN doesn't report that Joe or other QBs are working out with WRs then they are deemed lazy. I agree that it's very important for QBs and WRs to work hard in building a chemistry but that doesn't always lead to success, Mark Sanchez was famous for starting up the Jets West camp and clearly that didn't make him dramatically better. We know about the Manning passing camp, Eli is always right there with Peyton every year but he's had his ups and downs despite winning two Superbowls.

Joe's receivers are busy working their real jobs because they know their career in the the league is going to last about 4 more months. Torrey Smith is a nice slot receiver in a good offense...which ain't here. Outside of Smith Ozzie has another XFL wr corps...as
always.

#7 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,583 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Joe's receivers are busy working their real jobs because they know their career in the the league is going to last about 4 more months. Torrey Smith is a nice slot receiver in a good offense...which ain't here. Outside of Smith Ozzie has another XFL wr corps...as
always.

Slot receiver?

The dude is one of the fastest burners in the NFL, and he can run all the routes. The only thing that keeps him from being a top 10 guy in the league is that he's a little undersized, but if you put Torrey in Denver, New England, New Orleans, or any other offense with a pass-first offense and a top 5 QB, he's a monster.
The kids are alright.

#8 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,512 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

Funny, but the two guys who touted the stupid (and false) angle to the Kubiak hiring were Preston and Cerrato... two guys who actually spend very little time physically at "The Castle".  They talk about things as if they're first-hand knowledge... as if they've talked to "the source" face to face... as if they're 100% undeniably accurate.  But the fact is, they both get a lot of second, third, and fourth hand information from afar, put their own spin on it, and then report as if it's fact.  And they both hide behind anonymous sources ALL the time.

Imagine this... you get yourself a job in the media... and you have the freedom to 1) report things in whatever light YOU feel like, and 2) never have to attribute anything to a named source.

Pretty nice gig isn't it?  Some guys don't abuse it.  Preston does.  Always has, always will.  And Cerrato's starting to become "that guy" too.  Guess he figures he's never getting back in to the paid personnel business again, so it can't hurt him now.

Flacco has gotten together with his WRs "on their own" in the off-season in the past, and you can safely bet they will do it again this off-season.  When it happens, guys like Cerrato won't spend 1/10th of the time talking about it that they do criticizing beforehand.

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#9 douger

douger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,168 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:51 AM

Wouldn't Joe's working with his receivers presuppose that all of the players are interested in working out together voluntarily? It's not like the team can organize these impromptu practices, and I'm not sure how much facility support the team can provide, per the CBA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users