Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

ECA Might Have The Hardest Schedule EVER In High School Football!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,680 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

If rumors are true, I believe ECA will have the hardest schedule in the history of high school football. This schedule is insane! Order might be off but check it out:

@Spartanburg (S.C.) 8/22
@Glenville High, Oh (double header with Gilman playing St Edwards OH 8/31
St Peters (NJ)
@ St Edwards (OH)
@ Paramus (NJ)
@ Goose creek (SC)
Friendship Collegiate (DC)
@ Coppell (TX)
@Allen
@Desoto
St Frances (MD) thanksgiving

Three Texas POWERS back to back to back! This has never been done, not even the great Bosco teams did this. If they when out, obviously they will be National Champs, but also go down in history as one of the great teams of All Time! Good luck to them, I'm impressed just with the fact that hey have the guts to try this.

#2 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

Hopefully they have the horses in the long stretch....

I know they have some dudes coming in and a lot of young guys....

I personally think the offense will be even better than last years with 4 of 5 coming back and the guy that will replace is a 6"7 320 jr.

Then they have their top three rushers coming back... All the WRs all started At least 2 games and got plenty of time.

The defense will be the question mark only because they lose a great LB and Corner. They had plenty of depth up front with a lot of good young guys rotating. I think the Corner will be replaced easily by a to be soph that started a few games last season. But it will be hard to replace 130 tackles 15 sacks... But still will have the to be jr big time player at LB coming back.

Should be interesting...

I do doubt they'd fork that type of money if they weren't prepared to compete

Edited by HSFBLover, 18 February 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#3 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,680 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

Hopefully they have the horses in the long stretch....
I know they have some dudes coming in and a lot of young guys....
I personally think the offense will be even better than last years with 4 of 5 coming back and the guy that will replace is a 6"7 320 jr.
Then they have their top three rushers coming back... All the WRs all started At least 2 games and got plenty of time.
The defense will be the question mark only because they lose a great LB and Corner. They had plenty of depth up front with a lot of good young guys rotating. I think the Corner will be replaced easily by a to be soph that started a few games last season. But it will be hard to replace 130 tackles 15 sacks... But still will have the to be jr big time player at LB coming back.
Should be interesting...
I do doubt they'd fork that type of money if they weren't prepared to compete

I know Texas football very very well. It's a different world. You can think you're prepared but I don't think you can prepare for Texas teams. It will be unlike anything they've ever ever faced. Ohio football is very good but it's like Division 2 for all compared to Texas.

#4 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

A decent st joes prep team from Philly went to Texas and beat up on a team... Though the team wasn't that good neither was St Joes... They were blown out by a bad Don Bosco team by 40+ ... So I honestly think it's a mentality

#5 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,680 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

[quote name="HSFBLover" post="6455535" timestamp="1392762483"]A decent st joes prep team from Philly went to Texas and beat up on a team... Though the team wasn't that good neither was St Joes... They were blown out by a bad Don Bosco team by 40+ ... So I honestly think it's a mentality[/quote

Desoto and Allen are the cream of the crop. Texas has thousands of schools, of course they're schools there takeany Maryland teams can beat. Desoto and Allen, aren't the teams that anybody can beat. I don't know what they bring back, but it doesn't matter. They just reload. Desoto for instance, is just an athletic factory. They have some of the fastest guys in the country in track, usually has a very good basketball team.

I'm rooting for ECA but this is going to be tough to come out of the state of Texas unscathed.

#6 sparky1

sparky1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

Good thing the boys don't have to worry about going to class. 

#7 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

Good thing the boys don't have to worry about going to class.

That's the wonder of online classes. If they have their laptops with them, then school is in session.

#8 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Allen and Desoto are gonna put a hurtin on ECA no doubt about it.  St. E and Peters are gonna be L's also those two are loaded this year. 

I know some will say St. E  only won by 1 pt but they came off two very tough games before playing ECA. Losing to St Ignatius and beating Moeller by a FG, also ECA won't be as strong this year. 

I've never thought ECA has played up to the hype they've had over the years.  A lot of talent has come through the doors going back to the Red Lion days and they've been subpar in my eyes, with last year being their best. 

#9 harcohorns

harcohorns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

Allen and Desoto are gonna put a hurtin on ECA no doubt about it.  St. E and Peters are gonna be L's also those two are loaded this year. 

I know some will say St. E  only won by 1 pt but they came off two very tough games before playing ECA. Losing to St Ignatius and beating Moeller by a FG, also ECA won't be as strong this year. 

I've never thought ECA has played up to the hype they've had over the years.  A lot of talent has come through the doors going back to the Red Lion days and they've been subpar in my eyes, with last year being their best. 

I believe the team two years ago was their best,(  Bigelow (USC), Rodgers(USC), Shorts (WVA), Smallwood (WVU), Bradley (UCONN), Johnson (Cuse), Canteen(Mich), Watson (Mich), Craemer (Tenn) and 2015 starters Sills and Tucker both with offers)  That was a loaded team even though they only played three games and a scrimmage game vs Bosco..  I would have liked to have seen what they could have done with a full schedule..  

FYI... I don't think the schedule above is correct in order of games nor the teams they will play..  There is supposed to be 3 Texas teams but only Coppell is semi confirmed for 9/12 as a date but I dont think that contract is done either (at least not announced by Coppell).Coppell head coach recently just left for another gig.  ..  As mentioned on the NHSF site The Texas public teams only have the first 4 weeks for OOS before district play.. If I was to guess another Texas team would be Euless Trinity who has been looking for games...

One thing I know about ECA scheduling going back to the Red Lion days is the the possible schedule on the board or rumored possible games in February changes and is never what actually is come August for a myriad of reasons 

Edited by harcohorns, 19 February 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#10 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

I believe the team two years ago was their best,(  Bigelow (USC), Rodgers(USC), Shorts (WVA), Smallwood (WVU), Bradley (UCONN), Johnson (Cuse), Canteen(Mich), Watson (Mich), Craemer (Tenn) and 2015 starters Sills and Tucker both with offers)  That was a loaded team even though they only played three games and a scrimmage game vs Bosco..  I would have liked to have seen what they could have done with a full schedule..  

FYI... I don't think the schedule above is correct in order of games nor the teams they will play..  There is supposed to be 3 Texas teams but only Coppell is semi confirmed for 9/12 as a date but I dont think that contract is done either (at least not announced by Coppell).Coppell head coach recently just left for another gig.  ..  As mentioned on the NHSF site The Texas public teams only have the first 4 weeks for OOS before district play.. If I was to guess another Texas team would be Euless Trinity who has been looking for games...

One thing I know about ECA scheduling going back to the Red Lion days is the the possible schedule on the board or rumored possible games in February changes and is never what actually is come August for a myriad of reasons

It actually depends on the size of the district for how many non-district/OOS games Texas teams can play. Some districts have 4 teams, others 10. They try to make them fairly even but sometimes it gets to a point where distance becomes a factor.

#11 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,680 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

I said that it wasn't in any order. I have a pretty reliable source that these are the games for the upcoming year(or I wouldn't have put it on the board). But you're correct, ECA schedule always seem to change before the season starts. That being said, they seem to be doing things a little more organized these days. And teams need to have their schedules done soon. Especially teams like Allen and Desoto.

#12 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

Harco I think the 2012 team could've honestly played for a MNC because they were that complete.

But I think you are wrong about them not being as strong, I think they will be better based on What I know is coming back and coming in...

#13 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,680 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Harco I think the 2012 team could've honestly played for a MNC because they were that complete.
But I think you are wrong about them not being as strong, I think they will be better based on What I know is coming back and coming in...

MNC? You can't be serious! They weren't even the best team in Maryland. I saw them play Good Counsel in a game like scrimmage and get DESTROYED! Not like last years scrimmage, I mean that got beat my like 5 TD's. GC was up 28-0 at half! And I don't want to hear the bill that it was only a scrimmage. ECA was talking shiit all week on twitter, the sidelines was talking shiit at the beginning of the scrimmage. GC smacked them dead in the mouth. ECA was probably the third best team in Maryland, you're seriously drinking that Kool aid if your believe they could have competed for a MNC.

#14 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Just my opinion as they started to gel they were getting bet matter and better... I thing they would've went undefeated with the full schedule they had... JMO

#15 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

Harco all those guys were on the 11 team that went 5-5 that's what I mean not playing up to the hype.

MNC? You can't be serious! They weren't even the best team in Maryland. I saw them play Good Counsel in a game like scrimmage and get DESTROYED! Not like last years scrimmage, I mean that got beat my like 5 TD's. GC was up 28-0 at half! And I don't want to hear the bill that it was only a scrimmage. ECA was talking shiit all week on twitter, the sidelines was talking shiit at the beginning of the scrimmage. GC smacked them dead in the mouth. ECA was probably the third best team in Maryland, you're seriously drinking that Kool aid if your believe they could have competed for a MNC.

MNC LOL like you said weren't even the best in MD.  You think they would take three trips to TX?

#16 harcohorns

harcohorns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

RMZ yes I get those guys were all on the 11 team ..   The 11 team had 1 senior.. well 2 if you count a kicker..   in 12 the first 5 would have been seniors as well as some other kids who started since 9th grade ( Harriott, Hardrick, Q and others all seniors )  That would have been the first time they would have had a Sr laden team. They havent had more than 3 Sr's in the previous 3 seasons at Red Lion 9 (3) 10(2) and 11 (2)... They would have been much better in 12 than in 11.. Just my opinion.. 12 was the culmination of the bulk of the guys that all started as freshmen at Red Lion as Seniors  

#17 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

Harco is correct they were young until that year... That was the year they IMO would've gotten over the hump...

In 2013 even with the list of all of those senior they managed to go 9-3 against a pretty good schedule...

#18 harcohorns

harcohorns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

HSFB your being very optimistic to me... How can you lose all those guys over the last three years and yeah you got some guys coming in but they are not a bunch of D1 offered high ranked  kids...   I just don't think you can bring in kids as Jr's and Sr's and have a better team than kids that have been  together 4 and 5 years.. Yeah I know about the Sr transfer from Mtown but he is in no way a Freddy Canteen... The RB's  you have are not Smallwood (or even Pressley for that matter) good backs yes but not at that level in the least,  You don't have a Bigelow or Rodgers (two kids ranked number 1 in the country in their position)  You dont have any kids ranked that high in their position.. Even Sills is ranked 20 something as far as 2015 QB's   Thats my point..

We will see though.. you may be right.. If so then it will be one hell of a coaching job..JMHO

Edited by harcohorns, 19 February 2014 - 10:36 AM.

#19 HSFBLover

HSFBLover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

Harco I know it may sound crazy but guys also said that the 2013 team wouldn't do well against its competition...

Yes there is no Smallwood or Presely but in those years there also was a 3-4 back rotation available at the time...

Sills is way better than his rankings have him and I think you know that...

The line will be good...

I was not even including the Middletown transfer (don't even know if that's for sure) in my evaluations... But I think even then he will add a good play maker to the corp...

I don't think they will win all their games but I think they will compete in all of them... And a 9 win Season I think is possible

#20 harcohorns

harcohorns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

Harco I know it may sound crazy but guys also said that the 2013 team wouldn't do well against its competition...

Yes there is no Smallwood or Presely but in those years there also was a 3-4 back rotation available at the time...

Sills is way better than his rankings have him and I think you know that...

The line will be good...

I was not even including the Middletown transfer (don't even know if that's for sure) in my evaluations... But I think even then he will add a good play maker to the corp...

I don't think they will win all their games but I think they will compete in all of them... And a 9 win Season I think is possible

I will give you that... They were much better than I thought they would be last year (Gaynor's and Watson's highly improved play had much to do with it IMO).. I believe I had them at 5-5 on here pre season last year.  But last years schedule is nothing compared to this years.. 

Based on what I saw last year Sills wasn't as sharp throwing the ball  at least from what I was accustomed from seeing from him in the past.  He dd however catch allot of teams with their pants down with his willingness to take off and run the ball and was a much better runner than people thought..  I believe he may have lead the team in rushing (at least the 3 games I watched online)  Pretty sure his running game will be accounted for this year..

I just think the loss of Canteen will be huge. He and David had tremendous chemistry and they always came up with the big plays. Not mention they had to use him at DB as well last year. ...  Losing Herr, Waston and Gaynor is big as well... but maybe they can be replaced but Herr started 4 years at that tackle spot and Watson really came on strong last year... Harding should be ready to take on Gaynors spot and he may be better.. Tucker coming back is a huge lift though.  It will be interesting to follow ECA thats for sure..   

Edited by harcohorns, 19 February 2014 - 11:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users