Oh well.

:angry:

#2 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,278 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

It's not really that big a difference if you're not in the top 10 anyway. You can generally get the same caliber player at 16, 17 or 20

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#3 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:24 AM

Damn Flacco.

#4 Struds

Struds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

Who made that bad call? Ozzie or Harbaugh? :)

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,513 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

It's not really that big a difference if you're not in the top 10 anyway. You can generally get the same caliber player at 16, 17 or 20

Whether it's a big difference or not, 16 > 17.

smh

#6 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

Who made that bad call? Ozzie or Harbaugh? :)

Harbaugh was a non-factor.

#7 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,278 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:29 AM

Whether it's a big difference or not, 16 > 17.

smh

No it isn't. The player selected 16th could have just as easily been selected 17th. It's not like the 16th pick is an all pro and the 17th is a scrub

#8 Struds

Struds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

Harbaugh was a non-factor.

I thought that was true only when the Ravens do well. Now I'm confused. ;)

#9 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,513 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:33 AM

No it isn't. The player selected 16th could have just as easily been selected 17th. It's not like the 16th pick is an all pro and the 17th is a scrub

LOL. Such a typical argument from you. ONLY YOU would even attempt to argue something as stupid as 16 isn't better than 17. Thanks. You always prove my point better than I ever could.

#10 douger

douger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,168 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

LOL. Such a typical argument from you. ONLY YOU would even attempt to argue something as stupid as 16 isn't better than 17. Thanks. You always prove my point better than I ever could.

It's actually kind of tough to predict how this works out, even right up to draft day itself. 

The Ravens go into the war room with an idea who they want to pick in each round, and they have players lined up in a descending order as a backup if their choices go to other teams before their turn comes. As I understand it, the board is adjusted throughout the draft process.

The Ravens lose on the coin toss if the Cowboys pick the very player the Ravens had slotted for their pick. If they don't, no harm, no foul.

#11 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,513 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

It's actually kind of tough to predict how this works out, even right up to draft day itself. 

The Ravens go into the war room with an idea who they want to pick in each round, and they have players lined up in a descending order as a backup if their choices go to other teams before their turn comes. As I understand it, the board is adjusted throughout the draft process.

The Ravens lose on the coin toss if the Cowboys pick the very player the Ravens had slotted for their pick. If they don't, no harm, no foul.

More convoluted thinking. ANY WAY YOU SLICE IT...16>17. Period.

#12 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,443 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

Seriously?!?!?!?!?! I'll take an Oz 17 pick over a Jerry Jones 16 and day.

BTW - using your logic, no #1 pick would ever be a bust.

Old & Busted - Big Ben. New hotness - Joe Cool.
... R.I.P. Arch

#13 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,513 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

Seriously?!?!?!?!?! I'll take an Oz 17 pick over a Jerry Jones 16 and day.

BTW - using your logic, no #1 pick would ever be a bust.

Yet MORE stupid thinking. It doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense. We're talking about an Ozzie 16th pick over an Ozzie 17th pick. It has nothing to do with who the Cowboys pick. Good lord. No wonder people in Baltimore are known as Baltimorons. (At least you have the right name.)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 19 February 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#14 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,443 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Oh, and the Cowboys finally beat us. :)

... R.I.P. Arch

#15 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,443 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

Yet MORE stupid thinking. It doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense. We're talking about an Ozzie 16th pick over an Ozzie 17th pick. It has nothing to do with who the Cowboys pick. Good lord. No wonder people in Baltimore are known as Baltimorons. (At least you have the right name.)

Anyone who makes a blanket statement that the #16 pick in the draft is ALWAYS better than the #17 pick should not really make comments on the intelligence of others. I expected better from you (and that was my mistake).

... R.I.P. Arch

#16 baltimoreron

baltimoreron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,443 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:49 AM

More convoluted thinking. ANY WAY YOU SLICE IT...16>17. Period.

Just wanted it out there before you attempted to delete it.

With that in mind, who wants to let Tom Brady know that all of those selected before him are better than him? Giselle is going to be super pi$$ed when she finds out, I'll tell you what.

... R.I.P. Arch

#17 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55,278 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

OCF didn't understand a word of what you just posted

#18 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,513 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

Anyone who makes a blanket statement that the #16 pick in the draft is ALWAYS better than the #17 pick should not really make comments on the intelligence of others. I expected better from you (and that was my mistake).

The 16th pick IS always better to have than the 17th pick? Are you REALLY that dense?!!! It doesn't mean the 16th pick is going to pan out better than the 17th pick, but I guarantee if you ask 32 GMs WHICH ONE they'd rather have, all other things being equal, they'd choose the 16th pick EVERY TIME. Anything else is simply moronic. (It DOES appear to be somewhat related to the whole "Sour Grapes" argument. But that's about it.)

#19 NICEVILLE RAVENSFAN

NICEVILLE RAVENSFAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

The 16th selection is just a higher selection not necessarily a better on e that the 17th selection.

#20 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,513 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

OCF didn't understand a word of what you just posted

No. As usual...you don't understand even the most basic math. Or logic. 16>17 when it comes to the order of the draft picks. PERIOD. It's more highly graded and valued. It's more advantageous. No GM in his right mind holding the 16th pick would just go up to the holder of the 17th pick and say: "Hey...I  have a great idea. Let's just swap picks, no compensation necessary".

Only an absolute moron would even dare to suggest that. Yet, that's what you've done. So what does that make you, eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users