Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marshan Man

Did Anyone Else Get a Crazy Water Bill??

53 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lawman 27 said:

The Sun repeated what was told to them, that is not investigating it.

I have repeatedly tried to pay the bill, only to have the bank return the check.

Could it be that the City is waiting for a certain date when they can say, TAKE THE PROPERTY for themselves?

That is what I would like to see the Sun look into.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I do hope you are hanging onto those returned checks with an explaination to show them.

But oh wait....BC nolonger allows you to have face to faces.

About taking your property....who knows.

If I were you I would contact your local reps and complain. Give them copies of the checks etc etc scan and send them emai....send it registered mail. And bytch bytch bytch. If you don't get results. Embarrass  them by sending letter to the editorial section.

A good suggestion which has worked for me, find the related article from the Sun and email the reporter. I have done that sort of thing on several occassions and they are very responsive.

Good luck!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-water-affordability-20170617-story.html

Again, this seems to be another program to take from those that do to give to those that don't.

The example in the article, the woman that had her house sold.  She must have had water running full on to run up that type of bill.  Tens of thousands of gallons of water wasted. Seems she didn't think it was a problem until the water bill was 3k.

So because of her bad decisions, the usual plan,  everyone else has to pony up.

Love the comments after the article.  "Water should be free".  It is, plenty in the inner harbor.  You might not want to drink it though. 

Posted (edited)

On 6/18/2017 at 9:06 AM, overtaxed said:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-water-affordability-20170617-story.html

Again, this seems to be another program to take from those that do to give to those that don't.

The example in the article, the woman that had her house sold.  She must have had water running full on to run up that type of bill.  Tens of thousands of gallons of water wasted. Seems she didn't think it was a problem until the water bill was 3k.

So because of her bad decisions, the usual plan,  everyone else has to pony up.

Love the comments after the article.  "Water should be free".  It is, plenty in the inner harbor.  You might not want to drink it though. 

Bad decisions, ignorance, ahhh that is not my problem someone will cover my butt if I whine loud enough. All contribute to situations like this. As we see everyday in BC.

Now this quote is interesting: Nationwide, water rate increases are outpacing inflation, pushing bills to levels in the next five years that researchers say could become unaffordable for one in three U.S. households. In Baltimore, rates are scheduled to rise this summer and again next summer, doubling the cost of water in just eight years.

Now unless one steps back and really does an analyses of things it is is easy to assume that water has gotten expensive. Why now...why so expensive the answer lies in the fact that the nation's politicians after years of kicking water infrastructure maintenance and updates can down the road,  realize they reached the tipping point....AND IT HAS TO BE DONE. Hence, the sudden big spike in cost.

It's not the water ... it's the pipes.

Just say'n

Edited by Guido2