• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

Found the mystery "Cowboys from the West" that Guru was referring too. Actually, the Vaqueros of Irvine HS (CA) who will play at CHC on Friday 8/29.

#2 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

Unless someone has a connection to the school very strange that CHC would play a team from so far away that is subpar at best.  Especially when we have so many good football programs within driving distance along the I-95 corridor.  Smart play though looks good on paper to have one of the big three on the schedule. 

#3 lord_baltimore

lord_baltimore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:46 AM

Unless someone has a connection to the school very strange that CHC would play a team from so far away that is subpar at best.  Especially when we have so many good football programs within driving distance along the I-95 corridor.  Smart play though looks good on paper to have one of the big three on the schedule. 

Sounds like they're coming to DC in August for some event hosted by a promotional company. I'm not sure if that is the CHC game or if they've got another one in the area and picked up CHC in addition. Either way it looks like this is happening because of a third party called KSA Events.

#4 RM7

RM7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

Sounds like they're coming to DC in August for some event hosted by a promotional company. I'm not sure if that is the CHC game or if they've got another one in the area and picked up CHC in addition. Either way it looks like this is happening because of a third party called KSA Events.

Ah that makes sense then.

#5 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

According to their website Irvine is holding car washes and other fundraisers to offset the cost of the trip to "D.C." They'll tour the monuments and maybe the UnderArmour HQ just like Trinity Catholic did.

#6 justforfun

justforfun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

If they are going to Under Armour why not play Northeast or Glen Burnie than. These schools are located just a couple miles away. Maybe play them at the same time. I'm sure they will bring 60 players so manpower will not be a problem.

#7 justforfun

justforfun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

Sad but UA does not help the schools in their own neighborhood. I guess they just don't have as much prestige as CHC.

#8 lord_baltimore

lord_baltimore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Sad but UA does not help the schools in their own neighborhood. I guess they just don't have as much prestige as CHC.

What in the world are you talking about? CHC isn't even and UA school....they wear Nike. It doesn't even look like Irvine wear UA...looks like they wear an off brand or Russel.

And didn't UA build Dunbar a stadium? Put the pipe down.

Edited by lord_baltimore, 24 February 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#9 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

You must've missed this nugget:  http://www.baltimore...65.photogallery

#10 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

What in the world are you talking about? CHC isn't even and UA school....they wear Nike. It doesn't even look like Irvine wear UA...looks like they wear an off brand or Russel.

And didn't UA build Dunbar a stadium? Put the pipe down.

Yeah, What he said didn't make sense unless he was talking about UA doing something in AA County. They also renovated the Stadium at Patterson Park and put in a beautiful new field.

#11 miaasportsfan

miaasportsfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

Anyone know how the Hall's incoming freshman class looks?  Any big recruits?

#12 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Anyone know how the Hall's incoming freshman class looks?  Any big recruits?

I personally haven't heard anything about any big recruits going to CHC. I'm sure they will get their share but worth NLN gone to SFA, I'm assuming they will be grabbing some who would have normally ended up at CHC. The two schools I'm hearing about that's getting the big recruits, are Gilman and Bishop O'Connell.

#13 eaglesinsider

eaglesinsider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

I personally haven't heard anything about any big recruits going to CHC. I'm sure they will get their share but worth NLN gone to SFA, I'm assuming they will be grabbing some who would have normally ended up at CHC. The two schools I'm hearing about that's getting the big recruits, are Gilman and Bishop O'Connell.

O'Connell landing big name recruits now doesn't surprise me. They hit a home run when they hired Del Smith as their HC. We worked together for a season a few years ago. The man can flat out coach and is always fired up.

#14 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

O'Connell landing big name recruits now doesn't surprise me. They hit a home run when they hired Del Smith as their HC. We worked together for a season a few years ago. The man can flat out coach and is always fired up.

Yeah they're bringing in some STUDS, including the kid that everybody knows is the best player in the DMV and many have as the top recruit in youth football in the whole nation. He's bringing a bunch of his teammates from youth state champion Westlake. Not sure what kind of depth O'Connell will have in the future but they're definitely building a program.

#15 miaasportsfan

miaasportsfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

Interesting.  Figured Donald would be on his recruiting game after a down year.

#16 mop

mop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Interesting.  Figured Donald would be on his recruiting game after a down year.

I believe Donald got several good recruits from both Mid MD and Harco. They also picked up the athletic 6'4" brother of a former LB star lineman. Assuming that they can get their weight training regimen in order, things are looking up (I'm looking forward 3 years) at CHC. Trust me when I tell you parents want Donald to coach their sons..he's that good of a guy. 

#17 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

I believe Donald got several good recruits from both Mid MD and Harco. They also picked up the athletic 6'4" brother of a former LB star lineman. Assuming that they can get their weight training regimen in order, things are looking up (I'm looking forward 3 years) at CHC. Trust me when I tell you parents want Donald to coach their sons..he's that good of a guy.

Are you talking about Class of 2017? Didn't Harco discontinue their youth league team?

#18 92 Card

92 Card

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Are you talking about Class of 2017? Didn't Harco discontinue their youth league team?

Harco = Harford County.

#19 Sportnut14

Sportnut14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

I agree. My son plays at CHC and Coach Davis is an incredible coach.

#20 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,229 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

I agree. My son plays at CHC and Coach Davis is an incredible coach.

Donald is a great person and motivator of kids. But is he a great coach? Meaning is he a great X and O guy? I'm not belittling him, this is a serious question. I always got the feeling from talking to certain people who were close to the program that the assistants were more of the play callers. I've always been told that Donald is a great RB coach and knows that position very very well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users