9 replies to this topic

#1 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,561 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

Unbelievable. 8 year and 4 year sentences for destroying the life of an innocent man over a freaking baseball game. And they aren't even sorry.

Pathetic excuses for humanity. They both deserve 20 years apiece at least.

http://m.espn.go.com...toryId=10489372
The kids are alright.

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,485 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

you gotta love the touchy-feely left coasters. they probably deliberated over granola crumbles and fresh juice, in an oxygen bar, while deciding that everyone makes mistakes once in awhile. and wouldn't it be unfair to ruin the lives of these men over something as trivial as a baseball game

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 Struds

Struds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

you gotta love the touchy-feely left coasters. they probably deliberated over granola crumbles and fresh juice, in an oxygen bar, while deciding that everyone makes mistakes once in awhile. and wouldn't it be unfair to ruin the lives of these men over something as trivial as a baseball game

This reminds me. Whatever happened to the two guys who punched the guy wearing a Yankees cap at Camden Yards last year?  Is he still hospitalized?

http://thebiglead.co...ious-condition/

#4 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,485 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

This reminds me. Whatever happened to the two guys who punched the guy wearing a Yankees cap at Camden Yards last year?  Is he still hospitalized?

http://thebiglead.co...ious-condition/

after a few detailed updates, that story disappeared. I haven't heard anything about it since then.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#5 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,186 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:27 AM

Unbelievable. 8 year and 4 year sentences for destroying the life of an innocent man over a freaking baseball game. And they aren't even sorry.

Pathetic excuses for humanity. They both deserve 20 years apiece at least.

http://m.espn.go.com...toryId=10489372

They deserve death.

#6 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,485 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

the thing is, they permanently destroyed the man's brain, and his life. it sounds like he will never be able to live on his own, and his parents are already well into their retirement years. he'll need to be institutionalized, unless there's another family member who can/will take him in.

all that damage, and they only got 8 & 4 years? and you know they'll have lots of that time suspended if they behave in jail. 

it boggles the mind

#7 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

I think a better punishment would be to make them responsible for their victim's care for the rest of his life. Their incarceration doesn't help the guy.

#8 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,485 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

I think a better punishment would be to make them responsible for their victim's care for the rest of his life. Their incarceration doesn't help the guy.

I like that idea, but it's to easy to circumvent. I've heard first hand stories about deadbeat dad's who get paid under the table, and never pay child support. you can't collect from someone who "doesn't work". those guys would never spend the rest of their lives supporting him.

plus, you can't have homicidal nutjobs out and about with humans.  

#9 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,561 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

My favorite line in the whole thing was the one piece of human trash saying to the other "It happens bro. What kind of person would I be if I didn't help you out?"

WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU FOR DESTROYING A MAN'S LIFE OVER WHAT TEAM HE ROOTS FOR?"

Human wastelands. Both of them.

Edited by Slidemaster, 21 February 2014 - 12:20 PM.

The kids are alright.

#10 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,485 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

I like this punishment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users