#1 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

If this is true:

Ravens safety Matt Elam will make $6.767 million over the course of his four-year rookie contract. He doesn't have to pay for the remaining 20 credits he needs to graduate from Florida.

So, naturally, he seems to have gotten a job at the Gainesville, Fla., Finish Line while he completes his anthropology degree.

His new nickname should be 'Al Bundy'

#2 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

something positive

#3 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

I have to wonder if it is maybe a class research project, like observing the behavior of people buying $150 sneakers or something. It's hard for me to imagine an NFL player working retail just to have a job.

#4 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,864 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

I work at a shoe store as my full time job. but on the weekends, I have p/t job as a strong safety in the NFL. so this makes sense to me.  :P

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#5 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

I believe it was Chris Carr who worked as a paralegal during the off-season.  He was studying law when the NFL came calling, and I guess he was just keeping sharp for after the NFL.

#6 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

I have to wonder if it is maybe a class research project, like observing the behavior of people buying $150 sneakers or something. It's hard for me to imagine an NFL player working retail just to have a job.

"It's hard for me to imagine an NFL player working retail just to have a job."  did you consider, then, that it may be for something else entirely different?  look up what anthropology is all about, and you may find it a little easier to imagine.

Edited by gordon89, 21 February 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#7 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

"It's hard for me to imagine an NFL player working retail just to have a job."  did you consider, then, that it may be for something else entirely different?  look up what anthropology is all about, and you may find it a little easier to imagine.

Right. That is what I was trying to suggest.

#8 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

I thought I read somewhere that he also saved big money by not signing with an agent and handling the contract himself .......

I guess with the rookie slotting there isn't much room to negotiate but he might want to rethink that when he becomes a free agent .....

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#9 aok

aok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

I work as a nurse between seasons as a CL for the Bucs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users