Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulflower

The Americans

24 posts in this topic

I just started watching 'The Americans' on Amazon Prime. I'm only a few episodes into the first season but the show is very good. 

Great acting and very suspenseful. Does anyone else watch this show?

Edited by soulflower

I just started watching 'The Americans' on Netflix. I'm only a few episodes into the first season but the show is very good. 

I started watching it last week on Amazon. I think the new season on tv starts tonight

Edited by bmore_ken

I waited in anticipation of this show, from the first time I saw the trailer. it is fantastic. if you're just digging into season 1, you're in for a great ride. to refresh my memory, I have been watching some S1 episodes to get ready for S2. 

like Madmen, they incorporate historical events into the story line, that's always cool. 

I started watching it last week on Amazon. I think the new season on tv starts tonight

It does air tonight. I'm going to DVR it and get caught up after I finish the first season. 

I waited in anticipation of this show, from the first time I saw the trailer. it is fantastic. if you're just digging into season 1, you're in for a great ride. to refresh my memory, I have been watching some S1 episodes to get ready for S2. 

like Madmen, they incorporate historical events into the story line, that's always cool. 

Yeah. I tried watching Mad Men but I could never get past the first few episodes. Too slow paced for me. 

The Americans is kind of like 'Homeland' but I think the writing is much better for TA. 

It does air tonight. I'm going to DVR it and get caught up after I finish the first season. 

Same thing I'm doing. I'm glad you told me it was on Netflix, I don't know that. I was watching it on Amazon and got frustrated and stopped because Amazon's streaming is horrible. Constant buffering and reloading. I don't have that problem with Netflix so I can pick it back up again

Yeah. I tried watching Mad Men but I could never get past the first few episodes. Too slow paced for me. 

The Americans is kind of like 'Homeland' but I think the writing is much better for TA. 

I think I got 4 episodes into Mad Men and lost interest. One of my coworkers told me to stick with it because it starts slow but gets better. I may go back to it eventually

I think I got 4 episodes into Mad Men and lost interest. One of my coworkers told me to stick with it because it starts slow but gets better. I may go back to it eventually

it did start out slow. I went back to S1 on netflix, and I turned it off mid-way thru the 1st episode. I was bored. there are so many characters, they spend a good bit of time touching base with all of them. that's part of why its so slow. it gets interesting as they dig deeper into the characters, and create their environment. but I don't blame anyone who doesn't stick with it. 

I read about it well before it premiered, so I had been primed. I probably brought my own excitement to it, to help me get passed the build up period.

Same thing I'm doing. I'm glad you told me it was on Netflix, I don't know that. I was watching it on Amazon and got frustrated and stopped because Amazon's streaming is horrible. Constant buffering and reloading. I don't have that problem with Netflix so I can pick it back up again

I meant Amazon Prime. I haven't seen the show on Netflix yet

I meant Amazon Prime. I haven't seen the show on Netflix yet

Well so much for that idea :(

I watched the first season and it was decent.  A little slow at times, but the Cold War time frame keeps it interesting.

Just watched the finale for Season 2.

I think it's safe to say that the Americans is the best spy show on TV

I watched a couple episodes but couldn't get into it. 

Just watched the finale for Season 2.

I think it's safe to say that the Americans is the best spy show on TV

I finally got to watch all of Season 2.

WOW!!! what and ending. the idea that they're going to indoctrinate the next generation of spies is so unexpected. what a great show. 

I just started watching 'The Americans' on Amazon Prime. I'm only a few episodes into the first season but the show is very good. 

Crazy for this show.  It's the new Breaking Bad.  Matthew Rhys and Elizabeth are wonderful.  

The Americans starts back up with the first episode of Season 4 this Wednesday, March 16, at 10 pm, and then again at 11. One of my favorite shows on TV.

Edited by Gizmo

The Americans starts back up with the first episode of Season 4 this Wednesday, March 16, at 10 pm, and then again at 11. One of my favorite shows on TV.

Awesome

Spot 'The Walking Dead' guest star!

Highlight for answer below.
Noah Emmerich plays Stan Beeman, played the CDC Doctor Jenner.

I've tried, but to no avail. I got up to Episode 5 of Season 1. These comments spark my curiosity though. I might try watching the series backwards.

Looks like the show has finally gotten some recognition by The Emmys

I was a bit underwhelmed with the most recent season. Seasons 1-3 were the best IMO.

Looks like the show has finally gotten some recognition by The Emmys

I was a bit underwhelmed with the most recent season. Seasons 1-3 were the best IMO.

I haven't seen the latest season yet. Loved the first three but my wife and I tend to binge watch a series and we are just getting through lost ship before we hop back on the American train.