Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

http://www.masnsport...s-os-inter.html

Thank God that's over with

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,846 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

I didn't mind the combined broadcast, but I didn't particularly like. either way, there won't be a critical word spoken about either team.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 Far from home

Far from home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,684 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

I hated it....glad to see it go.
Ideological gravy trains lead to poor decisions.
Learn from the last President, and make this next era one of rebuilding what has been torn down.
Instead of being loyal to your party, be loyal to your country and your people.

#4 kudzu

kudzu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,153 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

Thank God that's over with

Agreed.

Although I suspect that my reasons are quite different than yours...

#5 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

Even though I obviously could watch the Nationals I very seldom do, so I kind of enjoyed the additional insights into their team against ours I got from their homers. It was something different. I never understood what so many people hated about it. In general, I know a lot of people are very critical of different broadcasters and I really never saw the big difference among them.

#6 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,846 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Even though I obviously could watch the Nationals I very seldom do, so I kind of enjoyed the additional insights into their team against ours I got from their homers. It was something different. I never understood what so many people hated about it. In general, I know a lot of people are very critical of different broadcasters and I really never saw the big difference among them.

when I'm listening to O's games on the radio, I usually choose to listen to the opposing team's broadcast. I think it's interesting to hear how other teams view the O's/players. one of the absolute exceptions to that rule is when they play the yankees. their people are unbearable. from what I understand, most yankee fans feel the same way about them.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#7 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,846 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

Sterling: Mariano looks in. Thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh.................[7 minutes later].......pitch

Susyn Waldman: Mariano doesn't like to eat his frosted flakes, until they get soft in the milk. interestingly enough, he likes to eat his fruit before it's ripe, because he likes his fruit really crisp. I speak in monotone because I go to great length to retain my title as the least interesting radio person in pro sports.  

#8 Grindelwald

Grindelwald

Right wing lie debunker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Thank god. Santegelo is the worst.

#9 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,846 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

I would tune in to some Nats games when Ron Darling was doing color for them. I'm not sure why he isn't with them any longer. he's on MLB network now

#10 kudzu

kudzu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,153 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Not remotely,

The worst is to have one team control another team's tv rights.

Given your position as a benefactor in that deal, can you even minutely appreciate that ?

#11 hampden623

hampden623

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Not remotely,

The worst is to have one team control another team's tv rights.

Given your position as a benefactor in that deal, can you even minutely appreciate that ?

STILL mad a Selig for making that offer? ...I'll assume you consider Angelos wise to take advantage of it.

#12 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

STILL mad a Selig for making that offer? ...I'll assume you consider Angelos wise to take advantage of it.

Angelos is a wise man in many respects and deserves a lot of credit for the O's turnaround. He hung in there despite the ruthless anti-Greek diatribe on this board and he deserves admiration. The non-thinking bigots see no inconsistency with blaming PA for all failures and giving him no credit for successes.

#13 hampden623

hampden623

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Angelos is a wise man in many respects and deserves a lot of credit for the O's turnaround. He hung in there despite the ruthless anti-Greek diatribe on this board and he deserves admiration. The non-thinking bigots see no inconsistency with blaming PA for all failures and giving him no credit for successes.

Gonna run him into the ground (fair) for the last decade, must give him credit for what is currently transpiring.

#14 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

Gonna run him into the ground (fair) for the last decade, must give him credit for what is currently transpiring.

Absolutely. Let's not hold our breath waiting for the anti-Greek bigots on the board to give PA credit for success.

#15 hampden623

hampden623

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

Absolutely. Let's not hold our breath waiting for the anti-Greek bigots on the board to give PA credit for success.

I don't hold my breath for any clarity coming from this board... I'm here for the comedy.

#16 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

I don't hold my breath for any clarity coming from this board... I'm here for the comedy.

As am I.

#17 kudzu

kudzu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,153 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

Of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users