• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,014 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

Gee. How ironic. The big tough bully can't handle all the mental stress and has to enter a treatment facility. (Rub a little dirt on it, Richie. Then put on your big boy pants and start bagging at some grocery store. Your NFL career is in the crapper.)

(Of course, it's most likely nothing more than a PR move. He won't change just because he's entered some treatment facility. As the age old adage goes: You can't fix stupid. He'll be broke and/or in jail in five years or less.)

#2 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,908 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:08 AM

Hmmm, not the brightest bulb is he?  Thing is that Incognito is a good offensive lineman.  There are plenty of teams in need of that kind of talent.  I can think of at least two in the AFC North alone.  So the good move would have been to apologize for anything that might have been offensive, and state that you have learned a lesson and are ready to move on and start over. Or you could beat up your Ferrari with a baseball bat and enter rehab.  Good pr choice Ritchie.  If you weren't already a magnet that opposes any NFL interest, you are now.  Nice way to repair your career.  Idiot. 

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#3 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,014 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:53 AM

I'm thinkin...

Raiders.

Cincy.

Sheppard Pratt.

#4 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

"The big tough bully"? "spoiled frat boy" (as cognito's often been referred as)? when was the last time these "terms of endearment" were used to describe players like richard sherman, or any other player who acts-out whose skin isn't white?

THUG: "one who treats others violently and roughly, a cruel, vicious ruffian." ~ merriam-webster. i know of no other player in the NFL to whom this definition better fits than richie incognito.

it's about time we started calling a spade a spade whether black or white.

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,014 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

"The big tough bully"? "spoiled frat boy" (as cognito's often been referred as)? when was the last time these "terms of endearment" were used to describe players like richard sherman, or any other player who acts-out whose skin isn't white?

THUG: "one who treats others violently and roughly, a cruel, vicious ruffian." ~ merriam-webster. i know of no other player in the NFL to whom this definition better fits than richie incognito.

Uhm...he's referred to as a "big tough bully" because the whole business regarding Martin involved bullying. Not sure why you've chosen to make this a racial issue. The guy is insane. Period. No black/white issue. Just insane.

#6 RavingManiac

RavingManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

I agree. The media was portraying Sherman as a thug. I thought he was just a thug and I did not like him. Then I found out his life story, saw how much he overcame in his childhood and then realized this man is not a thug at all. He very easily could have been but he made the right choices. He never gets into any trouble off the field, that I am aware of anyway, and the man is very intelligent. Far from a thug. Incognito is a thug.

#7 Easton Raven

Easton Raven

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:09 PM

God...they have a rehab for everything now.    Incognito went to A-Hole Rehab.    I don't know if that guy will ever play in the NFL again.   Even if it comes out that he IS a great guy and a good team mate (which seems pretty unlikely at this point) he has created his own "aura" of jerkiness and built upon it by smashing his own Ferrari.

#8 Easton Raven

Easton Raven

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

I agree. The media was portraying Sherman as a thug. I thought he was just a thug and I did not like him. Then I found out his life story, saw how much he overcame in his childhood and then realized this man is not a thug at all. He very easily could have been but he made the right choices. He never gets into any trouble off the field, that I am aware of anyway, and the man is very intelligent. Far from a thug. Incognito is a thug.

Good posts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users