Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

http://www.baltimore...0,4386083.story

#2 afan

afan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,678 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

I still like our #14. He has youth and with another years experience will be as good as Boldin even this year coming.

#3 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

I still like our #14. He has youth and with another years experience will be as good as Boldin even this year coming.

I don't know about as good, Boldin was a stud in his prime and a tough S.O.B. . He is.becoming a borderline hall famer if plays three more solid yrs

#4 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,919 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

I don't know about as good, Boldin was a stud in his prime and a tough S.O.B. . He is.becoming a borderline hall famer if plays three more solid yrs

For the price Brown works though, although I still say if we kept Boldin we would have made the playoffs

Edited by bmore_ken, 03 March 2014 - 09:29 PM.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#5 gordon89

gordon89

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:01 AM

i'm happy for him. at least he's with a contender and a team that recognizes his value on the field & his presence in the locker room.

#6 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,281 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

For the price Brown works though, although I still say if we kept Boldin we would have made the playoffs

no doubt about it 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#7 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

Agreed. Brown seems to have alot of upside, but I think we would have won another game or two with Boldin.

Is it Football Season yet?

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”

Thomas Jefferson

#8 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

Smacking trolls & homers alike since 2009

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,626 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

Agreed. Brown seems to have alot of upside, but I think we would have won another game or two with Boldin.

Maybe. But with that O-line and the total lack of a running game the Ravens would have been one and done. At best. There's no way they were at the same level as a lot of other teams in the playoffs, notwithstanding that anything could have conceivably happened.

Bottom line: coulda, shoulda, woulda, didn't.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 05 March 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#9 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,281 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

Maybe. But with that O-line and the total lack of a running game the Ravens would have been one and done. At best. There's no way they were at the same level as a lot of other teams in the playoffs, notwithstanding that anything could have conceivably happened.

can't argue that. they were limping to the finish line. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#10 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

Smacking trolls & homers alike since 2009

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,626 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

The truth? They came out of training camp limping as far as the O-line and the running game are concerned. Neither were right in the preseason games, or through the bye week, or all year long for that matter, with the possible exception of the Bears game -- against the worst run D in the league.

And stupid coaching decisions lost at least one or two games. So with Boldin or without Boldin, the Ravens had/have some serious issues. Was Boldin a good guy and a tough receiver? Absolutely. Was he the answer to the Ravens on-going problems? No. Not really. He was never used properly here, and would not have been used properly here last year either. Personally, I wish him well with the Niners. At least they have a real NFL offense.

#11 raven1959

raven1959

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

reall NFL offense total ranking 24th, 5 spots ahead of Ravens with fewer total yards than Balt AND with Boldin, had the 30th ranked pass offense

#12 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,919 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

Yeah but anything can happen once the playoffs start. Just sayin'

#13 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64,919 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

reall NFL offense total ranking 24th, 5 spots ahead of Ravens with fewer total yards than Balt AND with Boldin, had the 30th ranked pass offense

That doesn't tell the whole story. Boldin in our offense equals less 3 and outs and probably a less tired defense

#14 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

Can't argue with that. Another win or two gets them in the playoffs, but doesn't mean they make noise once they get there. OF course, no one gave us a shot in the playoffs the year before. The O line was the big difference. 

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”

Thomas Jefferson

#15 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,883 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

That doesn't tell the whole story. Boldin in our offense equals less 3 and outs and probably a less tired defense

And attitude.

It's an intangilbe, one of those things you know it when you see it. The Ravens lost a lot of that with the vets who were gone.

Thomas Jefferson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users