11 replies to this topic

#1 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

A couple of guys at work and I were just chatting, and the subject of Brad Bergesen came up.  So I had to look him up, to see where he is now.

The Chinuchi Dragons.

Want to know who else is on the Chinuchi Dragon's roster?  Take a look for another blast from the past:

http://en.wikipedia....#Current_roster

:D

Edited by Thirteen, 07 March 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#2 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

A couple of guys at work and I were just chatting, and the subject of Brad Bergesen came up.  So I had to look him up, to see where he is now.

The Chinuchi Dragons.

Want to know who else is on the Chinuchi Dragon's roster?  Take a look for another blast from the past:

Wow. Daniel Cabrerra where have you gone? Now we know.

#3 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,043 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

Cabrera hit the dragon mascot twice, a new league record  :D

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#4 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,119 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

The Chinuchi Dragons.

Get back to work, slacker.

#5 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,688 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

One of the great all-time busts of the last 20 years of Orioles baseball. Talent to be a RH Randy Johnson with a head that couldn't figure it out.
The kids are alright.

#6 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,043 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

One of the great all-time busts of the last 20 years of Orioles baseball. Talent to be a RH Randy Johnson with a head that couldn't figure it out.

when I think of busts, I don't really include DC on the list, because he was an undrafted, amateur signing. if I remember correctly, he was a catcher when they signed him. but his arm was so strong, they converted him to pitching. when you think about it like that, he actually got a lot out of his very raw talent, especially since he had zero history of pitching before signing with the O's. and he arrived with no fanfare. it wasn't until he had his first (and very rare) amazing game that people started squealing at the possibilities.

but you're right. the guy was just plain stupid. he had no interest in learning anything. I liked him to a caveman. his instincts told him to club a female over the head, then drag her back to his cave. after that, he was lost.   

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#7 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

when I think of busts, I don't really include DC on the list, because he was an undrafted, amateur signing. if I remember correctly, he was a catcher when they signed him. but his arm was so strong, they converted him to pitching. when you think about it like that, he actually got a lot out of his very raw talent, especially since he had zero history of pitching before signing with the O's. and he arrived with no fanfare. it wasn't until he had his first (and very rare) amazing game that people started squealing at the possibilities.

but you're right. the guy was just plain stupid. he had no interest in learning anything. I liked him to a caveman. his instincts told him to club a female over the head, then drag her back to his cave. after that, he was lost.   

Though I don't doubt your comments, I cannot recall any instance where he tried to take a bat to Amber Theoharis...or Roch Kubatko.  Please elaborate

#8 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58,361 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Though I don't doubt your comments, I cannot recall any instance where he tried to take a bat to Amber Theoharis...or Roch Kubatko.  Please elaborate

It was an analogy dude

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#9 weenie

weenie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

It was an analogy dude

And what do you think my comments were intended to convey?  Now think hard. 

Edited by weenie, 08 March 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#10 hector

hector

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,119 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:20 PM

And what do you think my comments were intended to convey?  Now think hard.

Please be gentle with weird-O and bmore ken. They're a very fragile couple who will put you on "ignore" if you hurt their feelings.

#11 Shell Beach

Shell Beach

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

The Chinuchi Dragons.

That'll be Zack Britton in a couple years.

#12 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,783 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

You have no understanding of the term bust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users