• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 JasonM

JasonM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 
http://www.cbssports...harged-with-owi

#2 Navypost

Navypost

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

Will he fined by Roger?

#3 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 
http://www.cbssports...harged-with-owi

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Maybe a Mayflower van will pick him up at the jail. :P

-----------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 demopublican

demopublican

20,758 posts 1 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,467 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

https://twitter.com/...9978112/photo/1

Nice shirt

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#5 RIKMAN

RIKMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

I will take the high road and hope that,unlike his old man, he gets help.
Baltimore Sports fan since 1965!:cool:

Confusing the delusional with fact since 2005!

#6 tyrexden

tyrexden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

Irsay Sr. = pariah

Modell = hero

is that about right?

#7 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

Irsay Sr. = pariah
Modell = hero

is that about right?

I would say Irsay Sr. = Drunken A hole
Model =. Philanthropic , SB Champion Owner, Visionary

Edited by mcorioles, 17 March 2014 - 05:49 PM.

#8 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

I think you nailed it perfectly. :)

-----------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 Bawlmerian

Bawlmerian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,088 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Maybe they will bury them next to each other so I can get them both with one leak.

A warm sunspot Spring welcome to all of our new O'Malley sycophant posters. I guess the re-election campaign has begun. :)

#10 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

That dude is 54 ?!?!?

#11 RIKMAN

RIKMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

A lot of the old colts had good things to say about jimmy even with his old man being the drunken sot that he was. Remember he grew up with that drunken a...hole!
Baltimore Sports fan since 1965!:cool:

Confusing the delusional with fact since 2005!

#12 Nightman

Nightman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

The Colts are the same old circus, run by a different clown, who is the son of that Bozo who moved the team.  About the fans in Baltimore, they knew it was going to happen and they weren't to give Bourbon Bob another dime.

#13 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

The Colts are the same old circus, run by a different clown, who is the son of that Bozo who moved the team.  About the fans in Baltimore, they knew it was going to happen and they weren't to give Bourbon Bob another dime.

Why would you insult Bozo and the rest of the clown community like that?

#14 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,461 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

A lot of the old colts had good things to say about jimmy even with his old man being the drunken sot that he was. Remember he grew up with that drunken a...hole!

That is true.  Jimmy Irsay apologized to the team for his father's behaviour on a few occasions.  Even today's Colts have good things to say about him.  It would seem that Jimmy couldn't avoid his fathers troubles with addictions, but at least as an owner he seems to know how to build a winner and treat his employees well.  That was something his father never was any good at. 

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#15 tyrexden

tyrexden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

Granted, Modell did have the "vision" to boot Paul Brown, Bill Bellicheck and Jim Brown off his team.  I mean... what have those guys ever done?    The Irsay family has a Superbowl ring too. 

If Irsay was a drunk, then at least he has an excuse.   Not sure Modell's excuse for failing to eek a profit on a Cleveland team that routinely sold out an 80,000 seat stadium.

#16 jonsensback

jonsensback

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,580 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

Granted, Modell did have the "vision" to boot Paul Brown, Bill Bellicheck and Jim Brown off his team.  I mean... what have those guys ever done?    The Irsay family has a Superbowl ring too. 

If Irsay was a drunk, then at least he has an excuse.   Not sure Modell's excuse for failing to eek a profit on a Cleveland team that routinely sold out an 80,000 seat stadium.

And are a losing franchise that has become the joke of the NFL. 

Not to mention the present owner is on his way to jail,lol.

#17 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

You asked about Irsay Sr. The football Gods and his own drunken meddlings ensured he would never win a SB.

#18 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:46 AM

And are a losing franchise that has become the joke of the NFL. 

Not to mention the present owner is on his way to jail,lol.

HaHaHa!

LOVE this. So true. The Browns are a pathetic franchise. All Art needed was to get his team out of that city and get a stadium that would allow him to compete on a more even playing field with other franchises at the time (i.e. a stadium with luxury boxes, video replay boards, etc). 

The Browns fans sit there and complain that Art didn't want to hang around and play in that decrepit stadium while they build a RR Hall of Fame and and Arena for the Cavaliers and new park for the Indians. Don't forget that team WAS the family business. Not a separate interest as is the case with most other NFL owners and their franchise. Art moved to save the family business. Literally.

And by the way - the Ravens are respected as one of the NFLs best franchises and best front office. The Browns? Just a sideshow - along with the Raiders and Jaguars, they are a joke.

Edited by West Chester Raven, 20 March 2014 - 04:48 AM.

#19 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:58 AM

tyrexden, on 19 Mar 2014 - 

That stadium was a broken down mess. No luxury boxes, no modern video boards, no amenities. Don't give us this junk about 80,000 toothless Browns fans showing up at the game with a flask or wineskin tucked inside their tattered coats. Please. Its about the ability to produce real revenue. Art needed a stadium built in the 1990's - not a stadium built in the 1940's. The team was the family business. Not a hobby for the owner as is the case for most other NFL franchises. Art made the right call. Two Super Bowls later, the Browns fans are still complaining while the new Browns are a laughingstock. 

The Ravens have been in Baltimore almost 20 years, man. 

Edited by West Chester Raven, 20 March 2014 - 05:00 AM.

#20 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

^^^^^^^^. X10000.LOL ,the Browns have had how many top 10 picks ? They really couldn't be any more bumbling if they tried.All those top picks and they still have 1 meager playoff appearance. Not 1 HOF candidate since they have been back.Thank God they are in our division because it is always only a three way race at best and most years that's giving the Bungles too much credit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users