Aroldis Chapman

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,365 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

He has a fracture in his face after being hit by a comebacker. I didn't post the video, because it seemed in poor taste. I opened an ESPN story, and they had the footage. it was bang-bang. the one positive that I'm taking away from this, is that the ball hit him and ricocheted at least 15-20 feet away. I learned from the Brandon Mccarthy situation, that it's good if the ball bounces far away. that means the energy is redirected off his head, rather than if the ball hit him and just dropped down. that would mean that the energy of the hit was totally absorbed by his head, and that would be really bad.  

this will certainly add heat to the debate on adding a protective insert in pitchers' caps, but this was a blow to his face. there's no way to defend against that.

I hope ha has a total recovery with no lasting problems.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#2 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,134 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

It was a brutal hit.  Hope he's ok.

#3 Slidemaster

Slidemaster

Resident Good Luck Charm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:33 PM

He apparently is getting surgery to put a metal plate in his forehead, but was in good spirits and suffered no brain damage, with only a mild concussion.

Dude is lucky to be alive. He's only out 6-8 weeks.
The kids are alright.

#4 Struds

Struds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

He apparently is getting surgery to put a metal plate in his forehead, but was in good spirits and suffered no brain damage, with only a mild concussion.

Dude is lucky to be alive. He's only out 6-8 weeks.

Good news when compared to the other possibilities.

#5 Norman

Norman

Underachiever

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36,771 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

Very brutal.   :(   That ump getting a liner in the nutz wasn't too good either. :o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users