Guest octoburn

Ray Rice now indicted on aggravated assault charge

79 posts in this topic

Well...aggravated assault charges against Rice; charges dropped against his fiance.

Does she have to press charges?

The state is pressing charges whether she wishes to or not.

DA's always go for the most extreme charges to get people to cop down.

Cop a plea and get the video destroyed. Do tons of community service. When Roger suspends him for 4 games he'll have time.

DA's always go for the most extreme charges to get people to cop down.

Cop a plea and get the video destroyed. Do tons of community service. When Roger suspends him for 4 games he'll have time.

I hope that's the case.  I'm sure he'd have no problem with community service, he does it all the time.

"Diddle, Diddle, Ray Rice needs an acquittal."

Great one from FB.

I hope that's the case.  I'm sure he'd have no problem with community service, he does it all the time.

So this is about whether or not he'd have a problem with community service? Seriously?

So this is about whether or not he'd have a problem with community service? Seriously?

No, it's not.  Sorry if it sounded that way.

just another example of why we don't wear player's jerseys in my family .........

Edited by Eastside Terp

just another example of why we don't wear player's jerseys in my family .........

Is wearing a Ray Rice jersey the same as wearing a "wifebeater"? :P

Is wearing a Ray Rice jersey the same as wearing a "wifebeater"? :P

LOL, glad I never bought the kids any jerseys with Lewis on the back either ;) .......

I never have had issues with jerseys if kids and adults can seperate player from person. However most can't make that differential.

I never have had issues with jerseys if kids and adults can seperate player from person. However most can't make that differential.

You shouldn't have to.

I hope he gets jail time. 

Edited by octoburn

I've defended people throughout South Jersey (including Atlantic County) and I would bet my life he won't get any jail time.  My guess is that he pleads guilty to a lesser assault change and gets probation before judgment with community service.

I hope he gets jail time. 

So do I. But I bet the likelihood that he does is about the same as O'Neil Cousins going to the HOF. He BETTER at least get a significant suspension from the league.

I've defended people throughout South Jersey (including Atlantic County) and I would bet my life he won't get any jail time.  My guess is that he pleads guilty to a lesser assault change and gets probation before judgment with community service.

This is probably right, given his first time offender status and because all the good he's done (off the field) will be allowed into evidence.  The real question is how long will Goodel suspend him?  I'm guessing as few as 4 games and as many as one full season. 

This is probably right, given his first time offender status and because all the good he's done (off the field) will be allowed into evidence.  The real question is how long will Goodel suspend him?  I'm guessing as few as 4 games and as many as one full season. 

I'd be surprised if it's more then 4, given that this is his first offense of any kind. (I would like to see him get more, but I don't think it's going to happen.)

I still find it strange that, if the police thought Ray Rice knocked out his fiancee, they allowed her to leave with him.

If there was not a celebrity involved, there would be no indictment in this case.

Edited by tigercruise

If there was not a celebrity involved, there would be no indictment in this case.

I respectfully disagree with that account. On the contrary, I think if there were not a celebrity involved, this thing would have been brought down weeks ago.

I still find it strange that, if the police thought Ray Rice knocked out his fiancee, they allowed her to leave with him.

Agreed

I respectfully disagree with that account. On the contrary, I think if there were not a celebrity involved, this thing would have been brought down weeks ago.

We disagree then. Domestic dispute, wife does not press charges, they leave together - no indictment. A DA would not waste his or her time on this - if it was regular folks.