Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steveg85321

Owen Daniels signs with Ravens

49 posts in this topic

The guy I wanted. And no dickson!

THIS. It's a double win. They get a good veteran TE, and get RID of an inconsistent TE. How can ya not like this move?

Think about it. Two TE's that can catch along with the Smith brothers (Torrey and Steve). Joe is going to have a blast this year!

And don't forget about J Jones. There are some very serious weapons on board for 2014. Hopefully, it'll all come together and make last year just a bad memory. Of course, a lot is riding on Juan Castillo. If last year was the exception, it'll all be good. If not...

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

Right. It won't help to give Joe numerous options if he doesn't have time to look them over and make the best choice. Daniels, though seems like he is a guy who will work across the middle, inside the secondary, and those plays usually develop quickly.

Right. It won't help to give Joe numerous options if he doesn't have time to look them over and make the best choice. Daniels, though seems like he is a guy who will work across the middle, inside the secondary, and those plays usually develop quickly.

The Ravens DESPERATELY need to find the damn middle of the field! I watch lots of games every week and EVERY TEAM works the middle of the field, especially for key first downs. Except the Ravens. With Pitta and Daniels, and Kubiak's propensity to use his tight ends, maybe, finally, mercifully, the Ravens can join the 21st century when it comes to offense. (And Steve Smith isn't afraid to go over the middle either. So things could/should look very different this year.)

Ozzie's da Man!!!! Now he can pick best man available. Definitely think we will be real contenders next year. Joe has a better O-line and some serious weapons with the Smiths, Pitta, Brown and now Daniels. Not to mention we can sprinkle in a little Juizecheck (sp).

Gotta love this move.  Now, if Flacco can only get the ball to these new guys.  If not, it will really expose Flacco as a highly overpaid, mediocre quarterback.

We miss you Aquan.

Yet another person who missed the Super Bowl run  :rolleyes:

with all the Joe bashing, I'm beginning to doubt that happened. I'm wondering if it wasn't an elaborate media hoax that some of us haven't discovered yet. sort of like that movie the Truman Show?  :huh:

with all the Joe bashing, I'm beginning to doubt that happened. I'm wondering if it wasn't an elaborate media hoax that some of us haven't discovered yet. sort of like that movie the Truman Show?  :huh:

Aw c'mon. Joe didn't do anything. He's just "Jump Ball Joe". Those WRs jumped 15 feet into the air to grab his errant throws. And when he wasn't overthrowing the ball by 15 feet, he was underthrowing the balls, and the receivers had to constantly bail him out. Geez...he's probably the most inaccurate QB in the history of the NFL. And super lucky too. I mean...just LOOK at all those Pro Bowl WRs he's got. And MOST of his completions throughout his career were nothing but checkdowns to Rice. Forget about those unfortunate fumbles (which weren't Rice's fault at all; they were Joe's fault). Rice should have really been named the Super Bowl MVP. And Boldin. And Jones. But DEFINITELY not Joe. Are you kidding ME?! Go back and watch the tapes. You'll see.

:rolleyes:

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

THIS. It's a double win. They get a good veteran TE, and get RID of an inconsistent TE. How can ya not like this move?

I agree, although calling Dickson "inconsistent" was being generous.  I'd call him flat out "horrible."  Good riddance.

And don't forget about J Jones. There are some very serious weapons on board for 2014. Hopefully, it'll all come together and make last year just a bad memory. Of course, a lot is riding on Juan Castillo. If last year was the exception, it'll all be good. If not...

Potentially, this could be a very good offense.  But until they get the final pieces needed on the line, it will be just like a big budget movie that goes nowhere. Granted, I don't see how it could be as bad as last year but you never know.  I hope Newsome has a definite plan in mind before camp starts.

Sun link

I really like this pickup. Familiar with Kubiak, seems like a quality man. Gives Flacco another veteran target.

I agree. Shore up the OL and get another RB and we're looking.

We fill a few holes on defensive side, could be a good year.

Potentially, this could be a very good offense.  But until they get the final pieces needed on the line, it will be just like a big budget movie that goes nowhere. Granted, I don't see how it could be as bad as last year but you never know.  I hope Newsome has a definite plan in mind before camp starts.

Agreed. And given the length of time that Newsome has failed to put the O-line on the map, I have no unconditional confidence (i.e. IN OZ WE TRUST) that it'll get fixed. But even right now, with Gradkowski OUT, it's already better. But RT remains a hole (and if they REALLY THINK, as Harbaugh said before in a presser, that Reid and/or Wagner are the solution, then all one can do is weep for the future. Bueller? Bueller?).

Agreed. And given the length of time that Newsome has failed to put the O-line on the map, I have no unconditional confidence (i.e. IN OZ WE TRUST) that it'll get fixed. But even right now, with Gradkowski OUT, it's already better. But RT remains a hole (and if they REALLY THINK, as Harbaugh said before in a presser, that Reid and/or Wagner are the solution, then all one can do is weep for the future. Bueller? Bueller?).

Reid or Wagner? (LOL)  I think Johnny boy is starting to believe in his own delusions.  How Jah Reid is still with this team boggles the mind.  "HELLO...HELLO McFLY!! McFLY, HELLO!!!!" 

Reid or Wagner? (LOL)  I think Johnny boy is starting to believe in his own delusions.  How Jah Reid is still with this team boggles the mind.  "HELLO...HELLO McFLY!! McFLY, HELLO!!!!" 

He must do really well in practice. That's a big thing with Harbaugh.

He must do really well in practice. That's a big thing with Harbaugh.

I know Harbaugh wanted Oher back but I'm sure Kubiak

shot that down, Harbaugh probably wanted Dickson back and Kubiak obviously shot that down since Daniels is here. He can brag about Wagner or Reid

getting a chance to start at right tackle all he wants but it's just crazy talk, he won't get his way

on this one either.

Think about it. Two TE's that can catch along with the Smith brothers (Torrey and Steve). Joe is going to have a blast this year!

I don't see the big improvement. Steve Smith is old and has a lot of wear and tear. His stats dramatically  declined last year. I don't see him as some huge improvement over Jacoby Jones. He might be a slight improvement but not much. Owen Daniels might give Flacco a nice end zone target but Ed Dickson had more yards than him last year. I do realize the problems Houston had to deal with last year at QB but Dickson isn't as bad as you guys make him seem either. He did have a couple of bad games last year though but I watched him last night and he had some really nice catches in the Super Bowl. We bascially have the same team as last year with maybe a very slight improvement at wr and te. We are looking at a 9-7 record right now next year. We really need to hit it big in the draft this year.

I know Harbaugh wanted Oher back but I'm sure Kubiak

shot that down, Harbaugh probably wanted Dickson back and Kubiak obviously shot that down since Daniels is here. He can brag about Wagner or Reid

getting a chance to start at right tackle all he wants but it's just crazy talk, he won't get his way

on this one either.

I think Kubiak might possibly have been the best off season acquisition. It's like dominoes -- it starts a chain reaction. And in this case, I think it's a GOOD, positive chain reaction. (Vs the opposite if Harbaugh had gotten his way.)