#1 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:00 PM

Sun link

I really like this pickup. Familiar with Kubiak, seems like a quality man. Gives Flacco another veteran target.

#2 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Now THAT'S a win in my book!!

#3 RIKMAN

RIKMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,927 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:57 PM

The guy I wanted. And no dickson!
Baltimore Sports fan since 1965!:cool:

Confusing the delusional with fact since 2005!

#4 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,488 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

The guy I wanted too. Playoffs baby, this roster is really coming together

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

The guy I wanted. And no dickson!

THIS. It's a double win. They get a good veteran TE, and get RID of an inconsistent TE. How can ya not like this move?

#6 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

This is weird - me, Ken and OCF agreeing.

#7 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,488 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Had to happen sooner or later  :cool:

#8 RIKMAN

RIKMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,927 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

Think about it. Two TE's that can catch along with the Smith brothers (Torrey and Steve). Joe is going to have a blast this year!
Baltimore Sports fan since 1965!:cool:

Confusing the delusional with fact since 2005!

#9 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

Think about it. Two TE's that can catch along with the Smith brothers (Torrey and Steve). Joe is going to have a blast this year!

And don't forget about J Jones. There are some very serious weapons on board for 2014. Hopefully, it'll all come together and make last year just a bad memory. Of course, a lot is riding on Juan Castillo. If last year was the exception, it'll all be good. If not...

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 03 April 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#10 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Right. It won't help to give Joe numerous options if he doesn't have time to look them over and make the best choice. Daniels, though seems like he is a guy who will work across the middle, inside the secondary, and those plays usually develop quickly.

#11 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:58 PM

Right. It won't help to give Joe numerous options if he doesn't have time to look them over and make the best choice. Daniels, though seems like he is a guy who will work across the middle, inside the secondary, and those plays usually develop quickly.

The Ravens DESPERATELY need to find the damn middle of the field! I watch lots of games every week and EVERY TEAM works the middle of the field, especially for key first downs. Except the Ravens. With Pitta and Daniels, and Kubiak's propensity to use his tight ends, maybe, finally, mercifully, the Ravens can join the 21st century when it comes to offense. (And Steve Smith isn't afraid to go over the middle either. So things could/should look very different this year.)

#12 Dub

Dub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

Ozzie's da Man!!!! Now he can pick best man available. Definitely think we will be real contenders next year. Joe has a better O-line and some serious weapons with the Smiths, Pitta, Brown and now Daniels. Not to mention we can sprinkle in a little Juizecheck (sp).

#13 ybnormal

ybnormal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,434 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

Gotta love this move.  Now, if Flacco can only get the ball to these new guys.  If not, it will really expose Flacco as a highly overpaid, mediocre quarterback.

We miss you Aquan.

#14 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,488 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

Yet another person who missed the Super Bowl run  :rolleyes:

#15 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,725 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

Yet another person who missed the Super Bowl run  :rolleyes:

with all the Joe bashing, I'm beginning to doubt that happened. I'm wondering if it wasn't an elaborate media hoax that some of us haven't discovered yet. sort of like that movie the Truman Show?  :huh:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#16 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:52 PM

with all the Joe bashing, I'm beginning to doubt that happened. I'm wondering if it wasn't an elaborate media hoax that some of us haven't discovered yet. sort of like that movie the Truman Show?  :huh:

Aw c'mon. Joe didn't do anything. He's just "Jump Ball Joe". Those WRs jumped 15 feet into the air to grab his errant throws. And when he wasn't overthrowing the ball by 15 feet, he was underthrowing the balls, and the receivers had to constantly bail him out. Geez...he's probably the most inaccurate QB in the history of the NFL. And super lucky too. I mean...just LOOK at all those Pro Bowl WRs he's got. And MOST of his completions throughout his career were nothing but checkdowns to Rice. Forget about those unfortunate fumbles (which weren't Rice's fault at all; they were Joe's fault). Rice should have really been named the Super Bowl MVP. And Boldin. And Jones. But DEFINITELY not Joe. Are you kidding ME?! Go back and watch the tapes. You'll see.

:rolleyes:

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 04 April 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#17 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

THIS. It's a double win. They get a good veteran TE, and get RID of an inconsistent TE. How can ya not like this move?

I agree, although calling Dickson "inconsistent" was being generous.  I'd call him flat out "horrible."  Good riddance.

#18 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

And don't forget about J Jones. There are some very serious weapons on board for 2014. Hopefully, it'll all come together and make last year just a bad memory. Of course, a lot is riding on Juan Castillo. If last year was the exception, it'll all be good. If not...

Potentially, this could be a very good offense.  But until they get the final pieces needed on the line, it will be just like a big budget movie that goes nowhere. Granted, I don't see how it could be as bad as last year but you never know.  I hope Newsome has a definite plan in mind before camp starts.

#19 CajunRaven

CajunRaven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,694 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Sun link

I really like this pickup. Familiar with Kubiak, seems like a quality man. Gives Flacco another veteran target.

I agree. Shore up the OL and get another RB and we're looking.

We fill a few holes on defensive side, could be a good year.

Is it Football Season yet?

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”

Thomas Jefferson

#20 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,789 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

Potentially, this could be a very good offense.  But until they get the final pieces needed on the line, it will be just like a big budget movie that goes nowhere. Granted, I don't see how it could be as bad as last year but you never know.  I hope Newsome has a definite plan in mind before camp starts.

Agreed. And given the length of time that Newsome has failed to put the O-line on the map, I have no unconditional confidence (i.e. IN OZ WE TRUST) that it'll get fixed. But even right now, with Gradkowski OUT, it's already better. But RT remains a hole (and if they REALLY THINK, as Harbaugh said before in a presser, that Reid and/or Wagner are the solution, then all one can do is weep for the future. Bueller? Bueller?).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users