Guest NCBirdfan

Cody's Back!

32 posts in this topic

Meh

Well, I liked him in college and hoped he would be better. I still like him being a Raven though. Not everyone has to be a Pro Bowler.

Edited by NCBirdfan

I'll never be able to get that image of him without his shirt out of my mind. It still gives me nightmares.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

The Sun article said he had elbow and hip surgeries prior to last season, he feels healthy this year, and the Ravens had an assessment before signing him to a one year deal. I'm not saying he's a big deal, but he might possibly be better than last year, especially fighting for continued employment. Sounds like no other teams brought him in for a look.

I would imagine DL will be a priority in the draft.

Sounds like no other teams brought him in for a look.

Right. And what does THAT tell you?

And DL should be a priority in the draft? Uhm...no. O-LINE should be the priority in the draft. Followed by safety. Followed by RB. Where the hell does DL get to be a priority?

Well, I liked him in college and hoped he would be better. I still like him being a Raven though. Not everyone has to be a Pro Bowler.

I don't have a problem with him for a one year deal. Meh is just how I feel about it 

Right. And what does THAT tell you?

And DL should be a priority in the draft? Uhm...no. O-LINE should be the priority in the draft. Followed by safety. Followed by RB. Where the hell does DL get to be a priority?

Actually, I believe the Ravens have more than three draft picks.

cody is a peripheral player at best. im more enamored with rolando mclain. drafted 10th overall, and a noted thug till this point in life[age 23].  mcclain has gone back to school and is close to receiving his alabama "basket weaving" degree. if he is truly off the purple drank and using nothing stronger than reefer, he will be an interesting follow in summer camp. the ravens have nothing to lose with rolando and the up side is very high. im for giving him a fifth chance to make it. mother teresa types r few and far between in the nfl and the ravens could use a potentially great inside linebacker. bring it on rolando. hopefully for once "jobba the hut" cody  makes a true effort to actually get in shape. i have only seen him make one "plus" play in his ravens career. he stripped a running back in a playoff game eons ago. it seems as if he trains less than haloti[since he signed the big one].

Actually, I believe the Ravens have more than three draft picks.

What does that have to do with making DL a PRIORITY? That's reserved for the top picks, not ALL the picks they have.

What does that have to do with making DL a PRIORITY? That's reserved for the top picks, not ALL the picks they have.

Look, man I know you're the world's foremost authority and that yours is the only opinion that counts, but don't be parsing my words for me. There are how many possible positions on a football team? And the Ravens have how many draft picks? Seven I think? So they can make up to seven positions a "priority" if they draft based on need, which they don't they say. That means AT SOME POINT on draft day such a position may be addressed. That is a priority IMO.

The Ravens lost Arthur Jones. Ngata is not what he was. Cody never was. Williams may be but not yet. I would be surprised if the DL was not addressed in this draft which is considered deep in talent even to the later rounds. Excuse me if that does not meet the definition of priority of the ruler of the board.

Look, man I know you're the world's foremost authority and that yours is the only opinion that counts, but don't be parsing my words for me. There are how many possible positions on a football team? And the Ravens have how many draft picks? Seven I think? So they can make up to seven positions a "priority" if they draft based on need, which they don't they say. That means AT SOME POINT on draft day such a position may be addressed. That is a priority IMO.

NOW I see why you and I are always at odds with one another -- you lack basic reading/comprehension skills. Thanks for the clarification.

Cody has been a bust since day one.  Oh, we'll get the usual spin that he's been plagued with injuries, has great potential, la di da...He'll be out of football in a year or two so I hope he's saving his money. 

NOW I see why you and I are always at odds with one another -- you lack basic reading/comprehension skills. Thanks for the clarification.

Right. I'm sure the only possible reason I might disagree with you is that I don't understand. What I don't understand is how you became the Duke of Definitions that your shade of meaning of a word is the only possible idea that word could express. I can see where shades of meaning may elude one who sees things in black and white. Read my lips: the Ravens have or will have needs on the defensive line. To ignore that because there are needs elsewhere is ignorant.

Right. I'm sure the only possible reason I might disagree with you is that I don't understand. What I don't understand is how you became the Duke of Definitions that your shade of meaning of a word is the only possible idea that word could express. I can see where shades of meaning may elude one who sees things in black and white. Read my lips: the Ravens have or will have needs on the defensive line. To ignore that because there are needs elsewhere is ignorant.

That is this guy's biggest problem. He thinks he is the authority on this board. Any disagreements with this guy makes you stupid beyond comprehension. This is why I call him out whenever he makes crap up out of the blue to support his argument. In fact, I just read he posted something about Harbaugh wanting some particular player and Kubiak over ruled him in a couple of instances already. I'll go back and call him out on it. I would have called him out on it already but as soon as I read what he posted, it made me want to go take a dump.

That is this guy's biggest problem. He thinks he is the authority on this board. Any disagreements with this guy makes you stupid beyond comprehension. This is why I call him out whenever he makes crap up out of the blue to support his argument. In fact, I just read he posted something about Harbaugh wanting some particular player and Kubiak over ruled him in a couple of instances already. I'll go back and call him out on it. I would have called him out on it already but as soon as I read what he posted, it made me want to go take a dump.

We all have to call him out every now and then. I consider it public service. ;)

We all have to call him out every now and then. I consider it public service. ;)

While you're calling out...why don't you call out the guy WHO DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THE DEFINITION OF PRIORITY?!

Just sayin...

:rolleyes:

While you're calling out...why don't you call out the guy WHO DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THE DEFINITION OF PRIORITY?!

Just sayin...

No. That's not how it works. You don't get to choose what you are called out on. Now if you want to talk about reality vs. you "Madden Football" fantasy again, then...   :P  ...just sayin'...

Just sayin...

"pri·or·i·ty
 noun \prī-ˈȯr-ə-tē, -ˈär-\
: something that is more important than other things and that needs to be done or dealt with first
priorities : the things that someone cares about and thinks are important
: the condition of being more important than something or someone else and therefore coming or being dealt with first"

Note that the definition does not address specifically which rounds of the NFL draft constitute priority.

"pri·or·i·ty
 noun \prī-ˈȯr-ə-tē, -ˈär-\
: something that is more important than other things and that needs to be done or dealt with first
priorities : the things that someone cares about and thinks are important
: the condition of being more important than something or someone else and therefore coming or being dealt with first"

Note that the definition does not address specifically which rounds of the NFL draft constitute priority.

You REALLY DO have major reading/comprehension problems. Your answer is RIGHT THERE. FIRST As in...FIRST ROUND. THAT'S a priority. NOT 3rd, or 4th, or 5th. FIRST.

You REALLY DO have major reading/comprehension problems. Your answer is RIGHT THERE. FIRST As in...FIRST ROUND. THAT'S a priority. NOT 3rd, or 4th, or 5th. FIRST.

Priorities are things you must get done.You have to prioritize what you need .Really their are levels of priorities You can put them as first second and third . I could see the D-line as a priority just not the first one. We need depth out of this draft for the D-line

Edited by iceman43

Priorities are things you must get done.You have to prioritize what you need .Really their are levels of priorities You can put them as first second and third . I could see the D-line as a priority just not the first one. We need depth out of this draft for the D-line

Priorities as they currently exist:

RIGHT TACKLE

FREE SAFETY

RUNNING BACK

THEN, MAYBE, D-line.

Depth on the D-line is NOT a HIGH priority at this point.

(And of COURSE there are such things as HIGH priorities and LOW priorities. But without any disclaimer, when priority is stated, it's simply assumed it's a HIGH priority. And D-line is NOT a HIGH PRIORITY.)

Edited by OriginalColtsFan

Of course there are such things as high priorities and lower priorities, and I very much appreciate you allowing your steel trap mind to open enough to allow that possibility. I never said DL was a top priority, just something that is important. If I have 50 things I could do today, but only time to do five, I choose the most important and/or urgent. Those things are all priorities. I will be surprised if the Ravens do not consider defensive line at some point in the draft.