• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Three signings in one day! I just read this on the Raven's web site. 

http://www.baltimore...40&media-type=N

Edited by NCBirdfan, 04 April 2014 - 02:21 PM.

-----------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,935 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

Meh

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#3 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

Meh

Well, I liked him in college and hoped he would be better. I still like him being a Raven though. Not everyone has to be a Pro Bowler.

Edited by NCBirdfan, 04 April 2014 - 03:16 PM.

- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 babylinux

babylinux

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,106 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

welcome back!

#5 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,840 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:56 PM

I'll never be able to get that image of him without his shirt out of my mind. It still gives me nightmares.

Edited by OriginalColtsFan, 04 April 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#6 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

The Sun article said he had elbow and hip surgeries prior to last season, he feels healthy this year, and the Ravens had an assessment before signing him to a one year deal. I'm not saying he's a big deal, but he might possibly be better than last year, especially fighting for continued employment. Sounds like no other teams brought him in for a look.

I would imagine DL will be a priority in the draft.

#7 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,840 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

Sounds like no other teams brought him in for a look.

Right. And what does THAT tell you?

And DL should be a priority in the draft? Uhm...no. O-LINE should be the priority in the draft. Followed by safety. Followed by RB. Where the hell does DL get to be a priority?

#8 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,935 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

Well, I liked him in college and hoped he would be better. I still like him being a Raven though. Not everyone has to be a Pro Bowler.

I don't have a problem with him for a one year deal. Meh is just how I feel about it 

#9 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

Right. And what does THAT tell you?

And DL should be a priority in the draft? Uhm...no. O-LINE should be the priority in the draft. Followed by safety. Followed by RB. Where the hell does DL get to be a priority?

Actually, I believe the Ravens have more than three draft picks.

#10 omarrahman

omarrahman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

cody is a peripheral player at best. im more enamored with rolando mclain. drafted 10th overall, and a noted thug till this point in life[age 23].  mcclain has gone back to school and is close to receiving his alabama "basket weaving" degree. if he is truly off the purple drank and using nothing stronger than reefer, he will be an interesting follow in summer camp. the ravens have nothing to lose with rolando and the up side is very high. im for giving him a fifth chance to make it. mother teresa types r few and far between in the nfl and the ravens could use a potentially great inside linebacker. bring it on rolando. hopefully for once "jobba the hut" cody  makes a true effort to actually get in shape. i have only seen him make one "plus" play in his ravens career. he stripped a running back in a playoff game eons ago. it seems as if he trains less than haloti[since he signed the big one].

#11 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,935 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:45 AM

Did I miss a story? :confused:  :confused:

#12 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,840 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

Actually, I believe the Ravens have more than three draft picks.

What does that have to do with making DL a PRIORITY? That's reserved for the top picks, not ALL the picks they have.

#13 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

What does that have to do with making DL a PRIORITY? That's reserved for the top picks, not ALL the picks they have.

Look, man I know you're the world's foremost authority and that yours is the only opinion that counts, but don't be parsing my words for me. There are how many possible positions on a football team? And the Ravens have how many draft picks? Seven I think? So they can make up to seven positions a "priority" if they draft based on need, which they don't they say. That means AT SOME POINT on draft day such a position may be addressed. That is a priority IMO.

The Ravens lost Arthur Jones. Ngata is not what he was. Cody never was. Williams may be but not yet. I would be surprised if the DL was not addressed in this draft which is considered deep in talent even to the later rounds. Excuse me if that does not meet the definition of priority of the ruler of the board.

#14 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,840 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Look, man I know you're the world's foremost authority and that yours is the only opinion that counts, but don't be parsing my words for me. There are how many possible positions on a football team? And the Ravens have how many draft picks? Seven I think? So they can make up to seven positions a "priority" if they draft based on need, which they don't they say. That means AT SOME POINT on draft day such a position may be addressed. That is a priority IMO.

NOW I see why you and I are always at odds with one another -- you lack basic reading/comprehension skills. Thanks for the clarification.

#15 jamesdean

jamesdean

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

Cody has been a bust since day one.  Oh, we'll get the usual spin that he's been plagued with injuries, has great potential, la di da...He'll be out of football in a year or two so I hope he's saving his money. 

#16 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

NOW I see why you and I are always at odds with one another -- you lack basic reading/comprehension skills. Thanks for the clarification.

Right. I'm sure the only possible reason I might disagree with you is that I don't understand. What I don't understand is how you became the Duke of Definitions that your shade of meaning of a word is the only possible idea that word could express. I can see where shades of meaning may elude one who sees things in black and white. Read my lips: the Ravens have or will have needs on the defensive line. To ignore that because there are needs elsewhere is ignorant.

#17 RavingManiac

RavingManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:13 PM

Right. I'm sure the only possible reason I might disagree with you is that I don't understand. What I don't understand is how you became the Duke of Definitions that your shade of meaning of a word is the only possible idea that word could express. I can see where shades of meaning may elude one who sees things in black and white. Read my lips: the Ravens have or will have needs on the defensive line. To ignore that because there are needs elsewhere is ignorant.

That is this guy's biggest problem. He thinks he is the authority on this board. Any disagreements with this guy makes you stupid beyond comprehension. This is why I call him out whenever he makes crap up out of the blue to support his argument. In fact, I just read he posted something about Harbaugh wanting some particular player and Kubiak over ruled him in a couple of instances already. I'll go back and call him out on it. I would have called him out on it already but as soon as I read what he posted, it made me want to go take a dump.

#18 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

That is this guy's biggest problem. He thinks he is the authority on this board. Any disagreements with this guy makes you stupid beyond comprehension. This is why I call him out whenever he makes crap up out of the blue to support his argument. In fact, I just read he posted something about Harbaugh wanting some particular player and Kubiak over ruled him in a couple of instances already. I'll go back and call him out on it. I would have called him out on it already but as soon as I read what he posted, it made me want to go take a dump.

We all have to call him out every now and then. I consider it public service. ;)

- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,840 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

We all have to call him out every now and then. I consider it public service. ;)

While you're calling out...why don't you call out the guy WHO DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THE DEFINITION OF PRIORITY?!

Just sayin...

:rolleyes:

#20 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,729 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

While you're calling out...why don't you call out the guy WHO DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THE DEFINITION OF PRIORITY?!

Just sayin...

:rolleyes:

No. That's not how it works. You don't get to choose what you are called out on. Now if you want to talk about reality vs. you "Madden Football" fantasy again, then...   :P  ...just sayin'...

- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users