• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

Ole Buck wakes up and has Flaherty grab some pine today even against a RH pitcher.  Lombardozzi starts at second again.  Be interesting to see if he can put anything together for a stretch.  Guess he had two hits yesterday.  Flaherty is a black hole in line-up and I'm convinced he will never be anything more than a .220 hitter at best.  He is useless against LH pitching.  When Machado gets back be interesting to see who has seat on Norfolk express!

#2 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

I'm glad Markakis out of lead-off spot again, but he is batting fifth.  Hope he proves me wrong, but he needs to be in the bottom third of line-up.  I'm not seeing anything different from 2013.

#3 Jimmy Jazz

Jimmy Jazz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,477 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

I'm okay with Flaherty as a super utility guy, beyond that just, no.

#4 Rob

Rob

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,389 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

Flaherty should be on the bench.................... in Norfolk.

#5 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,699 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

I'm sure he's hurting inside

#6 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,699 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

I'm sure he's hurting inside

#7 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,738 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

Yeah, Flaherty shouldn't come off the bench at all.  At least that's my gut reaction.  Then when you realize their other options at 2B are either terrible or unproven (and maybe terrible) it's not a likely option.

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#8 CROUSEMAN

CROUSEMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

Yeah, Flaherty shouldn't come off the bench at all.  At least that's my gut reaction.  Then when you realize their other options at 2B are either terrible or unproven (and maybe terrible) it's not a likely option.

I actually think Lomdardozzi looks like a pretty decent player.  I didn't know much about him, thinking he was just a scrub utility guy.  But he actually got some decent playing time with the Nats in 2012 and 2013 logging 675 ABs and hitting a combined .265.  Plus he was a .300 hitter every level in the minors.  And he has a good glove,  With that being said, Flaherty can forget about being being an everyday player with the O's.  He is totally worthless against LH pitching.  Not all his fault as I wonder  how many ABs he has against LH pitching at AA/AAA ball.  He only has 400 ABs in the bigs with a combined .220 avg.  And only 42 ABs against LH pitching with a .190 avg.  So when Manny comes back Lombo is staying and either Schoop or Flaherty catch the Norfolk Express.  Flaherty is who we thought he was.  Brandon Fahey with a little bit more pop.

#9 SevernDave

SevernDave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:27 AM

Schoop will go to Norfolk when Manny comes back.  The O's are going to want him to play every day down there rather than ride the pine up here.  Unless, of course, they decide that he's the starting 2nd baseman!  But he doesn't look ready to me....

#10 pitbull

pitbull

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,290 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 11:27 AM

Flaherty is a black hole in line-up and I'm convinced he will never be anything more than a .220 hitter at best. 

Same here. No idea why the Front Office considers Flaherty to be a "Major League" baseball player.

#11 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,028 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

Same here. No idea why the Front Office considers Flaherty to be a "Major League" baseball player.

he's a +defender, back up who can play all 4 infield positions. that's valuable. he can't hit breaking pitches. if he could,  he'd be in the starting line up for most teams.

I think the only reason the O's penciled him in as the every day 2bman is because Schoop was projected to be up next season, if not sooner. so there wasn't any reason to go out and sign a FA for the position. 

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#12 TheJudgement

TheJudgement

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,699 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:14 PM

He dun good today! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users